• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

yP05CMS.jpg
ughuyghhjgjkj

you have no idea how much i want this

There is so much we could potentially see I don't even know where to start.

I assume we find out MK8 DLC is out sometime between tomorrow and the end of next week..

A Zelda Wii U gameplay trailer would pretty much change my life though....

HYPE RISING....

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
After finishing Xenoblade just a few days ago....XCX hype!!!

TheMoon

Is there really any chance of Zelda news? It seems unlikely, but I really want some. Pls, Iwata.

There's always a chance. But it's incredibly tiny. It just depends on how much they want to fuel the fire for their Holiday sales. A new bit of info of next year's big Holiday game might help with that. They don't even need to show much.

- Duck Hunt Smash Trailer
- Smash DLC details/new character hints
- Zelda 2015 news
- Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 HD
- Majoras Mask 3DS
- New Drill Dozer on Wii U downloadable only
- Star Fox announcement, being developed jointly with Treasure
- Kid Icarus Wii U port
- N64 games to Wii U VC
- SNES games to 3DS
- Nintendo has bought Cockpalm and is making a new Mega Man and Okami game
- New episodic F-Zero, Wii U eShop only.
-Captain Falcon Beat 'em up/spiritual sequel to God Hand
- Mario/Sonic platformer crossover

Yes. Tomorrow will be a day to remember.

JoeM86

I'll take that as a yes.

Speaking of Pokemon, I legitimately hope we do see something for Pokken. I'd love for that game to get Smash style character reveal/hype videos (though I'm sure they're working with a much smaller budget), and would especially love to see a confirmed Wii U/American release.

I never know what they're going to reveal and when. Sorry.

hao chi

Nintendo would be dumb not to bring Fatal Frame to the rest of the world. They need all the games for the Wii U that they can get.

But then again, this is Nintendo >.>

Seriously. I'd be more confident we'd get Fatal Frame if this wasn't the same company that sat on Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, and Fatal Frame IV when the Wii was in a drought. Three of them were eventually published by other companies, while the other is still Japan exclusive.

GamerJM

Banned
You know, I'm going to be pessimistic and predict that this is going to be a relatively uneventful direct. We already know everything there is to know about Smash and I can't imagine much Pokemon news. They're probably saving most of the 2015 megatons for later. They've done meh directs before.

emb

I never know what they're going to reveal and when. Sorry.
I know, I know. I just remember several times you prefaced comments with a reminder that you don't really know anything we don't, and you mentioning how people thought you were revealing secrets at some point. It's now the first thing that comes to mind when I see you comment. <.<

-Horizon-

Seriously. I'd be more confident we'd get Fatal Frame if this wasn't the same company that sat on Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, and Fatal Frame IV when the Wii was in a drought. Three of them were eventually published by other companies, while the other is still Japan exclusive.

So who do I have to start bothering? XSEED?

Nairume

Banned
Two

Nintendo did Xenoblade themselves.

Tom_Cody

pretty sure this Direct will talk about early 2015 games
We can only hope. Though, the more I think about it, the more I think you might be right.

Awareness for Smash Bros must me close to 100% and there have already been two directs for that. Past that, Nintendo only has Pokemon, Captain Toad, and Amiibos to push for this holiday season. This could end up showcasing those products, but also presenting a 2015 preview in order to foster confidence in Nintendo's platforms.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
so nothing point to new announcement, but n3ds and some e3 wiiu games could be totally there
I think that pokken, ff5 and smtxfe are already risky bets...so I keep my expectations very low

TheMoon

You know, I'm going to be pessimistic and predict that this is going to be a relatively uneventful direct. We already know everything there is to know about Smash and I can't imagine much Pokemon news. They're probably saving most of the 2015 megatons for later. They've done meh directs before.

We can only hope. Though, the more I think about it, the more I think you might be right.

No need to hope when they already said this Direct covers games coming up between now and Spring 2015.

so nothing point to new announcement, but n3ds and some e3 wiiu games could be totally there
I think that pokken, ff5 and smtxfe are already risky bets...so I keep my expectations very low

N3DS will 100% not be there. They won't kill their 3DS Holiday sales by talking about it now all of a sudden.

Awareness for Smash Bros must me close to 100% and there have already been two directs for that. Past that, Nintendo only has Pokemon, Captain Toad, and Amiibos to push for this holiday season. This could end up showcasing those products, but also presenting a 2015 preview in order to foster confidence in Nintendo's platforms.

But even when they say it will center around something specific, the NDs go nearly always beyond that and show something no one is expecting. So we should prepare for a neat little suprise. But I doubt it will be a Zelda trailer or anything THAT big.

emb

I dunno.

I could see them showing off Amiibo functionality in Smash, Captain Toad, Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors, talking about DLC for Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors. Then showing new trailers for Captain Toad and Pokemon. Then showing off Duck Hunt's trailer.

And then just calling that a Direct. There's plenty of boring (or at best expected) news they could still waste our time with. Though I'm kinda hyped for that last Smash trailer.

I think we'll see Xenoblade and Yoshi. Everything else from 2015 I expect to be mysteriously absent. That's more so a case of lowering expectations though.

Just give me another more substantial trailer for Zelda Wii U and I am sold. That's all, what with Smash and Zelda on the horizon, Wii U is finally going to be worth it!

Top Bottom