• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

TheMoon

I hope there is more to this Direct than Smash WiiU.

Games up to Spring 2015. It's in the OP. Smash won't take up much time, obviously.

Interesting that it's listed as 2015 across all regions. It's a game where I'd expect a big gap between release and localization, and thus a decent chance of falling to 2016 in the West. Of course those are just projections, but they seem encouraging.

It was a 2014 game worldwide before the E3 delay. No real chance of a 2016 slip for the West, really.

Interesting that it's listed as 2015 across all regions. It's a game where I'd expect a big gap between release and localization, and thus a decent chance of falling to 2016 in the West. Of course those are just projections, but they seem encouraging.

What if they started localization already and thats ONE of the main reasons it been pushed back to a 2015 release to get the game out world wide at the same time?

My prediction

Likely:

• 2014 games (Smash, Toad, Pokemon)
    The announced HD Remake (Best guess would be Galaxy 1+2 HD or Metroid Prime Trilogy HD)
    Mario Kart DLC

Maybe:

• Xenoblade
    Zelda Wii U
    Majora's Mask 3D
    Fire Emblem vs SMT
    Fatal Frame V
    SquareEnix SNES RPGs on VC

One can dream...

• WiiU/3DS cross buy
    Starwing/Starfox
    N64/Megadrive VC

Drago

I'd really love for a new WarioWare/Wario Land game, or a (full-fledged) Chibi-Robo game on 3DS. Either of those would make me exponentially more excited for 3DS next year.

I'm expecting a lot of 3DS announcements in any case, next year is really bleak from a North American perspective. S.T.E.A.M., Fossil Fighters, what else is even announced? Honestly can't think of anything else :x

Neiteio

Only thing I'll say is likely to happen is Mario Kart 8 DLC, showing us the rest of Pack #1 and giving us a release date.

Iwata's fucking back

BNh8NcA.gif

emb

It was a 2014 game worldwide before the E3 delay. No real chance of a 2016 slip for the West, really.
That's good to know. I forgot it was ever confirmed for 2014, and I always thought it was TBA outside of Japan, before the delay.
What if they started localization already and thats ONE of the main reasons it been pushed back to a 2015 release to get the game out world wide at the same time?
That seems realistic. It's nice to see them a little more on top of things with localization after the whole Xenoblade thing before.

Rich!

Ah yes, that's right.

I'm pretty sure that there will be a big 3DS game blowout tomorrow, lol. I certainly hope so.

Majoraras Maaasssk three deeee

I'm being driven crazy with the years of anticipation and teasing. Nintendo pls.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Still haven't played it *stares at my copy on the shelf* If only I could play it on my 3DS...
I bought it and started playing it on the Wii. Put it aside for ages and tired getting back into and made a bit more progress before again putting it to one side. With Smash Bros coming and the heavy rumours that Shulk may be playable I took it upon myself to beat it before Smash Bros came out and spoil things for me. Beat it moments before the postman arrived with my copy for the 3DS.

Drago

Majoraras Maaasssk three deeee

I'm being driven crazy with the years of anticipation and teasing. Nintendo pls.
Majora's Mask 3D would be great. I've held off playing the game on Wii because I am so sure that it's happening, sooner or later. Any year now!

I can't believe OoT3D is almost 4 years old. Like, holy shit

javac

I bought it and started playing it on the Wii. Put it aside for ages and tired getting back into and made a bit more progress before again putting it to one side. With Smash Bros coming and the heavy rumours that Shulk may be playable I took it upon myself to beat it before Smash Bros came out and spoil things for me. Beat it moments before the postman arrived with my copy for the 3DS.

Lucky! Hope you enjoyed it :D I just can't get into console games these days, especially long ones. I get distracted and find it hard to come back without starting all over again. It's why the 3DS version would be a godsend, but the visuals and having to buy a New 3DS D:

Mr. Doop

I'd really love for a new WarioWare/Wario Land game, or a (full-fledged) Chibi-Robo game on 3DS. Either of those would make me exponentially more excited for 3DS next year.

I'm expecting a lot of 3DS announcements in any case, next year is really bleak from a North American perspective. S.T.E.A.M., Fossil Fighters, what else is even announced? Honestly can't think of anything else :x

I can't believe we still haven't gotten a Warioware game for 3DS.

Drago

It's downright shocking to me that the 3DS still doesn't have a Wario game on it. Between the Land and the Ware games, the series has been a staple across every Nintendo portable, and yet the series has been totally absent on 3DS so far. It hurts. I want a brand new 3DS WarioWare game so, so bad. :(

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Lucky! Hope you enjoyed it :D I just can't get into console games these days, especially long ones. I get distracted and find it hard to come back without starting all over again. It's why the 3DS version would be a godsend, but the visuals and having to buy a New 3DS D:
Another weird decision with xenoblade on 3DS is that it isnt a RPG catered to handheld experiences atleast I dont think, its time you have to sink into, not something you play occassionally on the bus to work.

TheMoon

Another weird decision with xenoblade on 3DS is that it isnt a RPG catered to handheld experiences atleast I dont think, its time you have to sink into, not something you play occassionally on the bus to work.

well it does have save anywhere and you can pick it up really quickly, no different from any other RPG on the system really. maybe better suited even.

I think we're due finding out what Nintendo SPD1's next game will be since they finished Game&Wario a while ago.

If it's more Warioware/Rhythm Heaven, no complaints from me!

Sakamoto has that new team working on something fancy, according to Shikamaru.

Drago

I think we're due finding out what Nintendo SPD1's next game will be since they finished Game&Wario a while ago.

If it's more Warioware/Rhythm Heaven, no complaints from me!
It's almost certainly Rhythm Heaven 3DS if I had to guess. That's been a super weird omission from the 3DS library too, considering how much Rhythm Heaven DS sold in Japan. It's pretty much the last huge Nintendo IP that still hasn't gotten a 3DS game (from a Japanese perspective, anyway), I'd say.

I'd prefer WarioWare though

I think we're definitely getting a date for Wooly World. I think February because Mario Maker and Splatoon are also first half titles and are see them as all two months apart with other titles release inbetween.

To be fair every single Warioware game has been different to this point. I don't think they can make a new different one.

I just want a WarioWare D.I.Y for 3DS and Wii U that allows use of buttons, touch and motion with sharing on Miiverse.

Hiltz

I'm personally interested in getting a better look at Xenoblade Chronicles X. The e3 footage was a nice treat ,but it took place so early in the game that we didn't get to see much else beyond brief exploration and a glimpse at the combat mechanics.

It's almost certainly Rhythm Heaven 3DS if I had to guess. That's been a super weird omission from the 3DS library too, considering how much Rhythm Heaven DS sold in Japan. It's pretty much the last huge Nintendo IP that still hasn't gotten a 3DS game (from a Japanese perspective, anyway), I'd say.

I'd prefer WarioWare though

Why not both? Maybe Rhythm Wario or Wario Heaven?

javac

No doubt, I don't play outside of my house, I find it hard to concentrate while commuting or whatever. I just find not being tethered to the TV to make for an overall better experience. I guess I just don't like sitting in front of the TV when playing and can never find the right time to use the TV, I'd rather lay in bed with my headphones on before I go to sleep as its the best time for me to watch things and play games :)

Rich!

I'm personally interested in getting a better look at Xenoblade Chronicles X. The e3 footage was a nice treat ,but it took place so early in the game that we didn't get to see much else beyond brief exploration and a glimpse at the combat mechanics.

I don't want to see any more of Xenoblade X at all. I am already going to be buying the shit out of it regardless, and I want it all to be as much of a surprise as Xenoblade was to me when I bought it back at the english launch in 2011.

But uh...I'd still watch a trailer if it was in the direct tomorrow. I'm weak.

TheMoon

I think we're definitely getting a date for Wooly World. I think February because Mario Maker and Splatoon are also first half titles and are see them as all two months apart with other titles release inbetween.

It's way too early for any dates of next year's games. Why do you guys keep forgetting this? This is Nintendo, the guys who just announced the Smash and Captain Toad dates a few weeks ago and the games are launching within the next month.

PokéKong

I want to hear about plans of what Iwata spoke about a long time ago, about giving hardcore Nintendo enthusiasts who buy all their games discounts.

And on a related note, I hope they start talking about something that competes with services like PS+ and Gold. The VC games have nearly no value as they are, but imagine how much value it would add to their consoles if you could just pay a subscription fee and have access to the whole library, plus maybe a few small indie games every month.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
shockingalberto has hinted at the very first X reveal that ninten do may plan to make a worldwide release of XBX and that they were doing localiztion simutaniously with the development of the game, he said he was just told this and so it isnt concrete so take it with a grain of salt.

Top Bottom