• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

N3DS will 100% not be there. They won't kill their 3DS Holiday sales by talking about it now all of a sudden.

The few people that watch this know about the N3DS anyway. It would be insulting if they act like people are too dumb to read gaming news on the internet.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
No need to hope when they already said this Direct covers games coming up between now and Spring 2015.

N3DS will 100% not be there. They won't kill their 3DS Holiday sales by talking about it now all of a sudden.

and what in the blue hell are they covering for 3ds?
pokemon remake? bleh.
and how can they cover up to spring without mentioning n3ds?

Tom_Cody

I dunno.

I could see them showing off Amiibo functionality in Smash, Captain Toad, Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors, talking about DLC for Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors. Then showing new trailers for Captain Toad and Pokemon. Then showing off Duck Hunt's trailer.

And then just calling that a Direct. There's plenty of boring (or at best expected) news they could still waste our time with. Though I'm kinda hyped for that last Smash trailer.

I think we'll see Xenoblade and Yoshi. Everything else from 2015 I expect to be mysteriously absent. That's more so a case of lowering expectations though.
To be honest, I would be very happy if it had ended up being only that.

Now I'm excited about Yoshi / Xenoblade coverage. Who knows we might even get more of the 2015 stuff they showed at E3 (Splatoon, Steam, X, Mario Maker, etc).

TheMoon

and what in the blue hell are they covering for 3ds?
pokemon remake? bleh.
and how can they cover up to spring without mentioning n3ds?

Codename STEAM, Fossil Fighters, MM3D(?), MH4U, Youkai Watch localization, whatever new stuff they also have. There's plenty to discuss without talking about N3DS.

So the people who made fun of me saying the Winter Direct was not done because Iwata was sick ... where are you now? I have some crow to serve!

... Anyways, excited to see more Captain Toad footage.

I'm not so sure X will be shown, because I have a feeling the soraya saga retweet is about new 3ds xenoblade. I hope it is though, but it's date was 2015, as opposed to splatoon, mario maker, Yoshi's wooly world which are all first half 2015. That said, even if the direct focuses on titles up til spring 2015, directs have showcased things outside the focus before

I missed Soraya Sage retweeting this.

Oh man, I'll be on my lunch hour when this starts too HYPE!

Gimme some of dat Xenoblade X goodness.

I'm not so sure X will be shown, because I have a feeling the soraya saga retweet is about new 3ds xenoblade. I hope it is though, but it's date was 2015, as opposed to splatoon, mario maker, Yoshi's wooly world which are all first half 2015. That said, even if the direct focuses on titles up til spring 2015, directs have showcased things outside the focus before

I believe at Nintendo's latest earings stuff/investor stuf, XCX was listed as a first-half 2015 release.?

Kyou

Edit: It's Mario Kart 8, probably just the DLC

*Incoming dumb thing*

on the new "What's coming up this week" thing on Gamespot Danny walked around the office and avoided going by a door where an embargoed 3DS game was being shown. However, there was a glass window across from the door and you could see a quick reflection of what they were playing. The only Nintendo 3DS game that's coming out is Pokemon and this definitely doesn't look like Pokemon. He also said that it required four people to be in there.

With the Nintendo Direct tomorrow it's not out of the question that Nintendo could be there showing the press a game they're going to announce tomorrow. The video quality isn't great but here's what I managed to snap. it goes from the first screen to the second and kind of looks like they're maybe selecting a character?

NiUbBNL.jpg
r9BKyMR.gif

let the wild virtually-unfounded speculation begin

edit: oh yeah, the video. http://www.gamespot.com/videos/this-week-on-the-lobby-call-of-duty-roman-reigns-h/2300-6422121/ right before the three minute mark

Yonafunu

More HD city, please.
xx09_by_onilink888-d8378rh.gif

If there's one thing I don't like from the (admittedly little) XCX footage and trailers we've seen, it's the look of that city. So intensely boring and sterile. It's quite literally a construction site.

I get that it's part of the story and the relatively grounded scifi style, but damn, that does not look like a place I'd like to return to over and over again.

chrono01

It's so cute when people hope.

Let it go. It will ease the pain.
I must never give up hope. Never.

This game is a perfect showcase for the Wii U GamePad interactivity, and to not bring it over [especially considering the relative barebones release list], well...let's just say I wouldn't be too happy with Nintendo.

So yes, I will continue to believe that it's coming. Do not let me down, Nintendo!

*Incoming dumb thing*

on the new "What's coming up this week" thing on Gamespot Danny walked around the office and avoided going by a door where an embargoed 3DS game was being shown. However, there was a glass window across from the door and you could see a quick reflection of what they were playing. The only Nintendo 3DS game that's coming out is Pokemon and this definitely doesn't look like Pokemon. He also said that it required four people to be in there.

With the Nintendo Direct tomorrow it's not out of the question that Nintendo could be there showing the press a game they're going to announce tomorrow. The video quality isn't great but here's what I managed to snap. it goes from the first screen to the second and kind of looks like they're maybe selecting a character?

NiUbBNL.jpg
r9BKyMR.gif

edit: oh yeah, the video. http://www.gamespot.com/videos/this-week-on-the-lobby-call-of-duty-roman-reigns-h/2300-6422121/ right before the three minute mark

Calm down, its fucking Mario Kart 8.

Lunar15

*Incoming dumb thing*

That's the menu for Mario Kart.

If there's one thing I don't like from the (admittedly little) XCX footage and trailers we've seen, it's the look of that city. So intensely boring and sterile. It's quite literally a construction site.

I get that it's part of the story and the relatively grounded scifi style, but damn, that does not look like a place I'd like to return to over and over again.
I fully expect a colony 6 style city construction side quest for Neo LA

*Incoming dumb thing*

NiUbBNL.jpg
r9BKyMR.gif

That's MK8, probably infused with DLC (The menu looks slightly different, anyway)

Chronos24

Star Fox
Smash Reveal (character maybe)
New Zelda footage
Majora's Mask 3DS to hold us over like Wind Waker did.
Xenoblade
Captain Toad

These are my hopes and dreams lol

emb

To be honest, I would be very happy if it had ended up being only that.

Now I'm excited about Yoshi / Xenoblade coverage. Who knows we might even get more of the 2015 stuff they showed at E3 (Splatoon, Steam, X, Mario Maker, etc).
The Amiibo/DLC stuff just isn't my cup of tea I guess. Amiibos I want, but just to have Nintendo-made figures, not so much for the functionality.

I do want to see a little more Yoshi. Xenoblade though... at a certain point (usually just a few months after announcement) I just kinda get tired of seeing previews and want to play (especially with story based games). I loved Xenoblade, and I want to love Xenoblade X... but I'm almost tired of being excited by now. Regardless, I'll still probably get way too hyped if it shows up.

Neo Dark

haha, it totally is. that's the character select screen.

it's link on his eponamobile, most likely.

not all the DLC content has been unveiled yet

Nah. That's Yoshi if I recall the multiplayer mode screen correctly.

The direct will mostly have Hyrule Warriors DLC and Mario Kart 8 DLC info since both are released this month. Hyrule Warriors most likely especially due to the retweet by the official twitter account https://twitter.com/zelda_musou

*Incoming dumb thing*

NiUbBNL.jpg
r9BKyMR.gif

The second screen looks like Peach in a kart.

Arkam

Just give me another more substantial trailer for Zelda Wii U and I am sold. That's all, what with Smash and Zelda on the horizon, Wii U is finally going to be worth it!

I wouldnt expect anything about Zelda U until spring. We will prolly get another equal lengthed trailer in the spring that unveils ONE new element of the game and then nothing til E3 blowout.

Tomorrow I am hoping for a New 3DS date for NA. Which my crystal ball says will release Feb/March.

onilink88

I'm good either way; I'm interested in seeing how Xenoblade 3DS is coming along. :)

Well, Xenoblade didn't set a very high standard for cities: Colony 6 and 9 had nothing of note, Alcamoth was a big, empty nothing, and the
hidden machina village
was more or less nondescript. The only noteworthy village in the game was the Nopon village, and even that was completely impractical to navigate.

NLA interests me a little more. I can see the residential district, shopping district, a church, what are possibly hangars, and the immensely curious BLADE Tower (and the surrounding buildings). Then, there's also this that I find particularly intriguing.

Top Bottom