• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2013

M3d10n

I don't want to sound paranoid but the trailer for Mega Man 2 on the PAL eShop shows that the game has a tiny black border on the top of the screen. I noticed the same when playing Blaster Master NES and Ghosts 'N' Goblins (really noticeable). Don't NES games have the same vertical resolution as the 3DS (240 pixels) and would therefore completely fill up the screen vertically? Can anyone from the Americas confirm that this is how the games are supposed to look?
I have an XL, so it's more noticeable.

No, the effective NES resolution was 256x224. There were 8 black pixels on top and bottom to fill 240p and these are the borders you see on the 3DS.

Robin64

Don't worry, Mega Man 2 in Europe on 3DS is 60hz and full screen (full as far as NES goes).
They haven't become that cruel just yet. :)

Doczu

Ok, this is getting beyond ridiculous at this point..

What's with the exclusion of Sonic All Stars Racing from the PL stores (both WiiU and 3DS), NOE?

Sonic Racing is even in today's Update Letter on the 3DS PL store, and yet Sonic Racing is nowhere to be found!

Damn it! No 3DS buy for me :(

also

Banned
Well, I think the NES's internal renderer is 240 pixels, but didn't it tend to crop it to 224? I'm not particularly well-versed on the NES's specifications and limitations, admittedly.

No, the effective NES resolution was 256x224. There were 8 black pixels on top and bottom to fill 240p and these are the borders you see on the 3DS.
Thanks for the clarification. I was just confused because the borders are sized differently. G'N'G has the biggest border, Blaster Master has a smaller one and Mega Man 1's is only 1 pixel wide.
Don't worry, Mega Man 2 in Europe on 3DS is 60hz and full screen (full as far as NES goes).
They haven't become that cruel just yet. :)
:(

also

Banned
I just found out you can finally claim stars for the eShop version of Virtue's Last Reward. Check under your registered games.

Robin64

Despite the retail delay, I can confirm that Scribblenauts Unlimited has just arrived on the eShop in Europe. It's priced at €59.99/£49.99 and takes up 1408mb of space.

Huzzah.

Randdalf

Despite the retail delay, I can confirm that Scribblenauts Unlimited has just arrived on the eShop in Europe. It's priced at €59.99/£49.99 and takes up 1408mb of space.

Huzzah.

As much as I admire Nintendo's philosophy of releasing every game digitally, the prices are just ridiculous for digital versions of retail games. Especially so considering there's no manufacturing and distribution costs.

thomaser

Despite the retail delay, I can confirm that Scribblenauts Unlimited has just arrived on the eShop in Europe.

Anyone know the reason for the delay and how long until release? I sell games and haven't received a reason from the distributor, so I don't really know what to tell my customers. The distributor just said that they got the shipment last week, but had to return everything for unspecified reasons. And they don't know when the game will release.

Robin64

The official word is just...

It has come to light that some changes need to be implemented within the game before we launch them across Europe. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and we hope to make further announcements on the European launch of these games very soon.

Which is pretty terrible.

3DS version?

Wii U. I just checked the 3DS eShop and it doesn't even have a placeholder page for that version. Sorry.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Ken's Rage 2 seems to be the first game on the EU eShop with working DLC.

Also: Is that game eShop-only in EU? All the retailers I can see only have X360 and PS3.

As much as I admire Nintendo's philosophy of releasing every game digitally, the prices are just ridiculous for digital versions of retail games. Especially so considering there's no manufacturing and distribution costs.

But don't you see... that's being fair to the retailer. The extra they save on manufacturing and distribution costs is just an unfortunate by-product...

BTW, if anyone remembers the Aussie-Gamer Wii U tease about "dimensions", it was about Oliver & Spike: Dimension Jumpers:

https://twitter.com/AussieGamr

Well there goes my hopes for Sonic Dimensions, he replied to me asking if the tease was about Rayman and he hinted it basically wasn't, I was about to make a thread about it (thinking it'd be tomorrow as he posted the tease this morning in my time (Canada)), but luckily I checked the full twitter feed and it was just shown as the above.

Good thing I checked, would've felt silly, but at least it wasn't BAD news... they get respect.

boyshine

Anyone know the reason for the delay and how long until release? I sell games and haven't received a reason from the distributor, so I don't really know what to tell my customers. The distributor just said that they got the shipment last week, but had to return everything for unspecified reasons. And they don't know when the game will release.

We (my store) got the game for both Wii U and 3DS 2 days ago.. where's the info about the delay? (Norway here as well.)

...and is there any info about Retro City Rampage? It's supposed to hit WiiWare this month, right? (I hope they're porting it to eShop as well, with off-TV play)

BooJoh

I just took a peek in the Japanese Wii Street U Miiverse community and saw a lot of this:

wHd8pOJl.jpg

I can't fathom what the Mother 2 VC community is going to look like.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
...and is there any info about Retro City Rampage? It's supposed to hit WiiWare this month, right? (I hope they're porting it to eShop as well, with off-TV play)

It was supposed to be out last month...

As far as a Wii U eShop release go -- I e-mailed the developer, and he basically said it wasn't coming to the Wii U as he was tired of porting the game.

That makes me somewhat sad. I think it would get far more attention as a Wii U eShop title at this point...

Roto13

Honestly, I don't know why anyone would bother to release a game on WiiWare now. I'm in these Nintendo Download threads every day and if I'm not paying attention to WiiWare, I'm sure nobody else is either.

The game is already on PS3, Vita, Xbox 360, and Steam, anyway, and the WiiWare version will probably be the weakest one.

Honestly, I don't know why anyone would bother to release a game on WiiWare now. I'm in these Nintendo Download threads every day and if I'm not paying attention to WiiWare, I'm sure nobody else is either.

The game is already on PS3, Vita, Xbox 360, and Steam, anyway, and the WiiWare version will probably be the weakest one.

The game is also complete dogshit.

Drago

I can't fathom what the Mother 2 VC community is going to look like.
It will be filled with glorious whining and complaining. I can't wait :D

It should get Itoi's attention too, seeing as he'll be present in Miiverse for the game's launch, so that will be interesting to see too.

Jackano

So, Zen Pinball 2. A little disapointed, the game doesn't even came with one free table. Only limited demos? TBH, I still havn't checked since the downloads takes time!
Can someone can point me out the best/funniest/easiest table? I just want one to be available all the time, but I'm really not a pinball fan so the easiest is the keyword here.

ngower

This may not be the appropriate thread for these questions, and if that's the case, I apologize in advance. Nevertheless...

1) I'm considering buying a 3DS XL at Target this Sunday as it's rumored to include $25 gift card, which I would then use to buy a Nintendo eShop card and purchase $25 worth of games/apps online. What are the must haves, in your opinion? Why?

2) Are eShop purchases transferrable? I'm not in love with the 3DS XL's North American color selections, and I know I'd pick up a neutral color (black/white/grey) if they were to release one. My concern is whether or not I could then re-download those games to my new system.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So, Zen Pinball 2. A little disapointed, the game doesn't even came with one free table. Only limited demos? TBH, I still havn't checked since the downloads takes time!
Can someone can point me out the best/funniest/easiest table? I just want one to be available all the time, but I'm really not a pinball fan so the easiest is the keyword here.

The tables with high fun factor that don't require as high level skills to get there might be Plants vs Zombies, Fantastic Four, and Sorcerer's Lair

This may not be the appropriate thread for these questions, and if that's the case, I apologize in advance. Nevertheless...

1) I'm considering buying a 3DS XL at Target this Sunday as it's rumored to include $25 gift card, which I would then use to buy a Nintendo eShop card and purchase $25 worth of games/apps online. What are the must haves, in your opinion? Why?

2) Are eShop purchases transferrable? I'm not in love with the 3DS XL's North American color selections, and I know I'd pick up a neutral color (black/white/grey) if they were to release one. My concern is whether or not I could then re-download those games to my new system.

For the time being you need to use the system-to-system transfer tool built into the 3DS. All content including ambassador status is transferred. It effectively clones the system.

Top tier e-shop releases so far include Dillon's Rolling Western, Crimson Shroud if you're into old school RPG, and Fluidity Spin Cycle. Link's Awakening DX (gameboy color version) is a good virtual console pick.

Jackano

The tables with the high fun factor that don't require as high level skills to get there might be Plants vs Zombies, Fantastic Four, and Sorcerer's Lair

I had the feeling Plants vs Zombies will be one of this kind. Thank you very much for your advice!

bryehn

How big is Ken's Rage and does it support Off TV play? You think Nintendo would have this information on the details page...

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
If you're looking for easiest, as in 'most time played per single ball' - Epic Quest is among the longest-play tables.

tsab

How big is Ken's Rage and does it support Off TV play? You think Nintendo would have this information on the details page...
it does support off tv play. it says it in the trailer on the ehop. you know the one you can see only at midnight while looking at the full moon and slaying some virgins.
and if it's lke 1, it's huge and maybe quite repetative, although the hokuto no ken theme might help dealing with that.

BriBri

Speaking of Off TV Play, I just got my Wii U and saw the Sonic racing game has this but I don't know how to do it from the demo or is it only enabled in the full game? Sorry if it's a dumb question! Thanks!

tsab

Speaking of Off TV Play, I just got my Wii U and saw the Sonic racing game has this but I don't know how to do it from the demo or is it only enabled in the full game? Sorry if it's a dumb question! Thanks!
swipe the touchscreen.
downwards:eek:fftvplay on
upwards:eek:fftvplay off

Top Bottom