• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2014

The Natsume Facebook page said the game is 100 percent done and they are just waiting to be released. So at least it is comforting to a certain extent, so that it doesn't end up like the PSP release.

I see. So we're waiting on Nintendo then. Hope they aren't too long as I dying to play it.

L~A

Some new PEGI/USK ratings (AeternoBlade and Denpa Men 3) :

BgHzS0SCMAA3Bcj.png

Guess we know at least 1 game for the next Direct, whenever it is :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So tempted to get Pictobits after registering Bravely Default. I got it back when it was released on DSiWare with the $10 free credit & perhaps my favorite Art Style game, but I don't have it anymore. Really wish there was a 3D remake or sequel.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I'll take a look at Pictobits, I already got Donkey Kong Jr. from the ambassador games. I just wish they would move on from the DSiware games to proper eShop downloads.

Getting both "WiiU" games, hopefully I can upgrade them by 2017.

Punch-Out was already released, so you can upgrade that one right away. Who knows when Super Mario RPG will be released, though.

Edit: Eh, this is probably already the actual WiiU version of Punch-Out, since it has an extra "WiiU" in the description.

Kandinsky

I'll take a look at Pictobits, I already got Donkey Kong Jr. from the ambassador games. I just wish they would move on from the DSiware games to proper eShop downloads.

Punch-Out was already released, so you can upgrade that one right away. Who knows when Super Mario RPG will be released, though.

Edit: Eh, this is probably already the actual WiiU version of Punch-Out, since it has an extra "WiiU" in the description.

If already released then yeah it probably is the actual WiiU version, yay!

I really want Mario RPG but I don't want to have to go out and buy a pro controller. I guess I'll just hold onto my 1,000+ coins.

Thanks again, Nintendo.

Davey Cakes

I really want Mario RPG but I don't want to have to go out and buy a pro controller. I guess I'll just hold onto my 1,000+ coins.

Thanks again, Nintendo.
I guess you expect these games to be playable with Wiimote+nunchuck? How else would you play a SNES game without a controller fit for it?

It's unfortunate that Wii U doesn't support GC controllers but that's been the case since The Gen 2 Wii.

A while ago I saw Classic Controller Pros for $10 and bought four. I'm quite set on that front.

what?
you do know you can play SNES games with the gamepad as controller, right?
You do not need to buy an extra controller for VC games

Also THIS because I'm an idiot and completely forgot about the Gamepad.

But that's only for Wii U versions. You can't use the Gamepad as a controller in Wii Mode.

ngower

Feels like I'm being trolled when the Wii U gets Super Mario RPG, but the 3DS doesn't.

I know this drum's been beaten a million times, but it still baffles me why they aren't releasing NES/SNES games on the 3DS. From a purely business angle, it just makes more sense—there are something like 10 million more 3DS Wii U units U n the world, if I recall correctly. I'd throw lots of cash at A Link to the Past, Earthbound, etc.

Glass Joe

Thanks again, Nintendo.

If you have 1000+ coins and nothing else you want, why not download Mario RPG anyway? It's 1st party Nintendo, so there's almost no way it won't get a Wii U version someday. Then you only have to worry about the upgrade fee.

Or, invest in a classic controller anyway. There's tons of great SNES games in Wii mode if you don't care to wait. They retail for $20 and I see them on amazon for $11 right now.

Thanks again, Nintendo.

what?
you do know you can play SNES games with the gamepad as controller, right?
You do not need to buy an extra controller for VC games

edit: I guess he meant the Wii VC version

Glass Joe

I didn't see this factoid mentioned, from this week's Euro press release (hopefully NOA does the same):

"Special Offer: If you have purchased Dr. Luigi by 20/02/2014 you can download Dr. Mario for free from Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U!"

So, Nintendo is actually being smart with that. Had to make a note of it haha.

Nintendo seriously need to renew licence with Mike Tyson to release Mike Tyson's Punch Out! I've been holding back on getting the original NES Punch Out! for this reason.

Also, Super Mario RPG on the 3DS would be very nice.

Roto13

Super Mario RPG is the game that made me buy a Wii Classic Controller. I tried playing it with the GAmeCube controller and it was awful.

JavyOO7

Etrian Odyssey IV and Code of Princess are both 19.99 through 2/17. At least on USA eShop anyway. Sorry if this has been said already. =p

I am getting EOIV so there's that. :)

EDIT: Add SMT SH to that as well...

mstevens

I guess I'm going to get Super Mario RPG for when they (hopefully?) upgrade it to Wii U for that sweet, sweet Miiverse and off-TV play.

I've never played a Punch-Out game somehow... Should I get that, too?

kunonabi

Nintendo seriously need to renew licence with Mike Tyson to release Mike Tyson's Punch Out! I've been holding back on getting the original NES Punch Out! for this reason.

Also, Super Mario RPG on the 3DS would be very nice.

Yeah, I refuse to buy the game without him.

Madao

nintendo really needs new rewards in the rotation. first set where i have all 4 games from past rewards already.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Seems a couple of 3DS VC games received new Miiverse communities a few days ago in the US. Stuff like Kirby's Dream Land 2, Shantae or the GG Sonic games.

Not sure if this was posted already, or even if this is the right thread for it, but I've been told by someone who's been in communication with the creator of Unepic via Miiverse that the guy is happy with the sales of the game. The game became profitable after 3 days.

zroid

Banned
Not sure if this was posted already, or even if this is the right thread for it, but I've been told by someone who's been in communication with the creator of Unepic via Miiverse that the guy is happy with the sales of the game. The game became profitable after 3 days.

Doesn't surprise me it's going well, looking at the eShop charts. But 3 days? Impressive.

Yes Boss!

I had never heard of it. Is it any good?

It is an exceptional shooter for the MSX! Does have the trademarked jerky background scrolling of all the MSX shooters (but more fluid, relative), but it has such great sprites and gameplay and music that that soon is forgotten.

The VC port on original Wii was great. Gonna double-dip for Wii U for sure!

Yes Boss!

Oh, nice. Is this on any collection? It's not very likely we'll get MSX VC games in the West.

Not released anywhere else. It is a pretty rare and pricey title.

There are a lot of youtubes out there. Some seem a little smoother than other. I'm guessing emulation differences. Should be able to play on PCs (emulator/mame or something).

VC release is solid, though. Looks great on CRT or through a Mini.

Top Bottom