• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - July 2015

maxcriden

Actually, it says "eShop" & not "Virtual Console", so maybe Return to Dream Land has a chance, especially if Europe already has it.

Also, Course is the name for Kirby's Dream Course. It's Kirby's Canvas CURSE. ;p

Doesn't EU already have Epic Yarn as well? Or am I just imagining things? Either way I'd be so very glad to see more Wii games on the eShop. I truly hope NX has the whole Wii library from the get go. (I'm still in dream mode for the NX eShop.)

True, otherwise it wouldn't have been offered as a Club Nintendo reward, me thinks.

What an amazing week it is to be a Nintendo fan. Smash DLC round three, 3 Kirby games at once, Splatoon update coming next week.

If one of the Kirby games is indeed Return to Dreamland, I wonder if they're going to do like with the first three Wii titles and offer it for a discount the first week. I know this wasn't the case in either Japan nor Europe, but it'd be cool to see the notorious detail on Wii titles 'compensated' with something like this.

Assuming you meant delay and not detail. I'd love to see this too :)

zroid

Banned
That game was published by Nintendo, so I don't think Square-Enix has anything to do with it being absent from the North American and European Wii U Virtual Console.

It contains characters that are owned by Square-Enix though. The game itself might be owned by Nintendo, but characters like most notably, Geno is owned by Square-Enix.

Square Enix will go out of their way to prevent its release outside Japan. I guarantee it!

tangent: pouring one out for the dearly departed Terrisus. he would understand my pain.

@MUWANdo

Banned
S-E is perfectly content to play ball in situations where they don't have to do anything but collect a royalty; it's getting them to release their own games that's an issue.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I guess it's worth mentioning here that today, Miiverse is getting updated/redesigned later today & there'll be more DLC for SSB on Friday with both Hyrule & Peach's Castle stages, some new costumes, & the free Tournament Mode finally hitting.

Robin64

I guess it's worth mentioning here that today, Miiverse is getting updated/redesigned later today & there'll be more DLC for SSB on Friday with both Hyrule & Peach's Castle stages, some new costumes, & the free Tournament Mode finally hitting.

The Miiverse update is already up. Dang 30 post limit, now I can't RP with bae.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
AAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Next month in Japan, the eShop is getting 2 more Wii games: Muramasa & Trauma Team.

Come on, Atlus, bring those games to the US!!

maxcriden

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Next month in Japan, the eShop is getting 2 more Wii games: Muramasa & Trauma Team.

Trauma Team. ;__: I still need to play through the ones I have. But I'd definitely prefer them digitally.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH

When I saw this on twitter I got so excited. The person mistakenly left out for Japan in their tweet.

On the bright side really looking forward to the Smash and Splatoon updates as they take over my gaming time once again.

Ondore

Actually, I think Trauma Team came this month in Japan, and they're getting Trauma Center next month. Same deal, though.

ESRB has Wii U listings for Kirby 64, Squeak Squad and Return to Dreamland. Those appear to be the winners. Also holy crap, there is a Wii game hitting the eShop in NA.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH

This is the second time today that I see someone asking Atlus to release Oboro Muramasa. I'm a bit puzzled. Did something happen that I haven't heard about? Did Atlus buy the IP from Marvelous or is everyone just confused?

Trauma Team. ;__: I still need to play through the ones I have. But I'd definitely prefer them digitally.

Then get to it like thundering Jupiter, Maximillian! Trauma Team is one of the best games on Wii. There will be no regrets. Only awesome possums and mucho neato burrito.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Whoops, yeah, Muramasa isn't Atlus. Vita version was Aksys. I wonder if they have the rights to the Wii version, considering Ignition went out of business.

sörine

Banned
Whoops, yeah, Muramasa isn't Atlus. Vita version was Aksys. I wonder if they have the rights to the Wii version, considering Ignition went out of business.
Marvelous could probably just selfpublish it here, either via their USA branch or through Xseed. Disney owns Ignition's assets now though so who knows depending on what the contracts were.

maxcriden

Actually, I think Trauma Team came this month in Japan, and they're getting Trauma Center next month. Same deal, though.

ESRB has Wii U listings for Kirby 64, Squeak Squad and Return to Dreamland. Those appear to be the winners. Also holy crap, there is a Wii game hitting the eShop in NA.

OMG. OMG.

O. M. G.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Squeak Squad and Return to Dreamland are so good.

jholmes

That's all kinds of weird.

I'd rather Nintendo didn't classify them as Virtual Console games as they don't have any of the implied additions like button mapping, Miiverse and so forth.

Well, it's actually pretty cool news that Marvelous is on board since they were the best third party on Wii. Aside from Oboro Muramasa, both parts of No More Heroes, Little King Story and the two Rune Factory are really great.

It's not terrible or anything but it's definitely one of the more inessential games in the series.
I've never really gotten into Squeak Squad as much as into other Kirby games and I think it's the lesser one on DS (that competition, though!), but I like it alright. It sold really very well in Japan and is actually one of the best selling Kirby games, so it's definitely a popular game.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I've never really gotten into Squeak Squad as much as into other Kirby games and I think it's the lesser one on DS (that competition, though!), but I like it alright. It sold really very well in Japan and is actually one of the best selling Kirby games, so it's definitely a popular game.

Well, all the other traditional Kirby games tend to have an interesting hook to them or some new addition that makes them interesting, whereas Squeak Squad is a pretty run-of-the-mill Super Star-style game with no distinguishing features aside from the touch-screen thing which isn't very exciting and barely impacts the game. It's not poorly made, it just pales in comparison to pretty much all the other games.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

- BADLAND: Game of the Year Edition – Fly through the award-winning world of BADLAND and discover an astonishing number of imaginative traps, puzzles and obstacles on the way. BADLAND is a side-scrolling action adventure with innovative physics-based game play and stunning atmospheric graphics and audio. Purchase and download now to enjoy beautiful HD visuals, more than 15 hours of single-player levels and up to four-player local multiplayer awesomeness with co-op and death matches! Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Xeodrifter – Xeodrifter is the story of an interstellar drifter traveling the stars on a simple mission of exploration. Blast your way through alien landscapes, seek out valuable secrets and defeat ancient guardians to unlock powers in this exciting journey of mystery and adventure. People who buy the Wii U version of Xeodrifter will also be able to download the game for Nintendo 3DS for free – and vice versa! Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- New Splatoon Update – On Aug. 5, a free software update for the Splatoon game on the Wii U console brings new content to the game, including two new matchmaking modes, new weapon types, an increase to the game’s level caps and more than 40 pieces of new gear. Following this update, more content will continually roll out through the rest of the summer and fall, including the Rainmaker Ranked Battle mode, additional maps and new weapons. For more information visit http://splatoon.nintendo.com.
- Just Dance 2016 – Demo Version – Play the free Just Dance 2016 demo today in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U! No additional Wii Remote controllers are required – you can download the free Just Dance Controller app to your iOS or Android device to turn your smartphone into a controller.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Celebrate Kirby’s Aug. 1 Birthday Today with Three Classic Games – Kirby first appeared in North America in August 1992 in the Kirby’s Dream Land game for the Game Boy system. To celebrate this special occasion, we are releasing three classic Kirby games in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U today – Kirby Squeak Squad (Nintendo DS), Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (Nintendo 64) and Kirby’s Return to Dream Land (Wii). Learn more by visiting http://kirby.nintendo.com.

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Elliot Quest is 15 percent off (reduced from $12.99 to $10.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on August 13.
High Strangeness is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 3 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 9.
99Moves, Abyss and Rock Zombie from EnjoyUp are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 27.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Castle Conqueror Defender, Demon King Box and Quell Memento from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 20.
Toys vs. Monsters is 50 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 23.

Activities:

Miiverse has an entire new look and new features! – With a new Screen Shot Album and Play Journal features, there is a lot to explore! Get ready to have more fun than ever sharing tips, drawings and comments on Miiverse. Check out https://miiverse.nintendo.net/special/redesign_announcement for all the fun details.
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. “Sink or Swim” Tournament – See how your squad stacks up online in Nintendo’s Public Tournaments. Top players earn unique titles that are visible online and earn major bragging rights with your friends and around the world. The new “Sink or Swim” tournament runs July 31 through Aug. 9. Opt in via the SpotPass feature for notifications about future tournaments. Good luck, agents!

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:
Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: Classic Theme

Price reduction:

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham has been reduced to $19.99 (from $29.99).

Also new this week:

Endless Golf (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Best of Board Games – Mahjong (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Best of Board Games – Solitaire (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Flick Golf 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

maxcriden

Thank you for posting the PR, L~A! I assume RTDL will be $20. Does Nintendo no longer include prices in the PR, though? I've noticed they haven't been listed recently.

zroid

Banned
Thank you for posting the PR, L~A! I assume RTDL will be $20. Does Nintendo no longer include prices in the PR, though? I've noticed they haven't been listed recently.

yep it's $19.99: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/PPFt723pipF-JPLtqljZpHUrNF-bJZSL

S6CPKvb.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm kind of surprised they didn't do a sale on the other Kirby games as well. Anniversaries seem like the best time to do a sale.

No mention of the Smash DLC coming tomorrow.

Weird.
SECRET SMASH DIRECT TO AIR TOMORROW WITH THE CONTENT AVAILABLE AFTERWARDS?!?!

I just hope it's easier to nab compared to when Ryu, Lucas, & Roy were added. Servers got HAMMERED.

maxcriden

Thanks man.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't do a sale on the other Kirby games as well. Anniversaries seem like the best time to do a sale.

Yeah, agreed. Well, at least it is still an excellent price for the game.

Regardless, I've got my disc copy to sell. I just have a generic GS case but I prefer digital copies, so if anyone out there wants my physical game for the eShop price ($20) + shipping, let me know. :)

Well I'm glad we are getting another Wii game added, even if it's one I have no indention of buying. NOA went too way to long to add another one. Just gotta wait for that Splatoon update now.

Javier

- Just Dance 2016 – Demo Version – Play the free Just Dance 2016 demo today in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U! No additional Wii Remote controllers are required – you can download the free Just Dance Controller app to your iOS or Android device to turn your smartphone into a controller.
Wow, this... is actually pretty cool.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hey at least I get Xeodrifter on the Wii U.

Glad we are finally getting the Kirby Wii game. Now we just have to hope we get more Wii games at regular intervals.

n64coder

NA:

Also new this week:

Endless Golf (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Best of Board Games – Mahjong (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Best of Board Games – Solitaire (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Flick Golf 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

So no Picross 6 for NA? That blows.

L~A

SECRET SMASH DIRECT TO AIR TOMORROW WITH THE CONTENT AVAILABLE AFTERWARDS?!?!

I just hope it's easier to nab compared to when Ryu, Lucas, & Roy were added. Servers got HAMMERED.

The update goes live in the morning in Japan, so nope. Besides, why would they make a Direct for a bunch of costumes and features:stages announced back in June?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
No first week discount for RtDL and it's $24.99 in Canada, whereas older Wii VC titles (ie; Galaxy 2) are $21.99.

VanWinkle

Guys, I need your help QUICK. I have a Wonderful 101 code that I got from Club Nintendo. As you know, it has to be redeemed by tomorrow. I just found out that it's over TEN GIGABYTES! I don't have that kind of space on my storage on Wii U! I'd have to delete several of my digital games to download it, and I don't know when I'll ever even play it!

Do I have any options? Is there a way to redeem it without downloading it to the system?

Top Bottom