• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - July 2015

jmizzal

Guys, I need your help QUICK. I have a Wonderful 101 code that I got from Club Nintendo. As you know, it has to be redeemed by tomorrow. I just found out that it's over TEN GIGABYTES! I don't have that kind of space on my storage on Wii U! I'd have to delete several of my digital games to download it, and I don't know when I'll ever even play it!

Do I have any options? Is there a way to redeem it without downloading it to the system?

I would say delete some stuff then download it and just delete it, then you can redownload it anytime. But you have to use that code before its dead

maxcriden

Guys, I need your help QUICK. I have a Wonderful 101 code that I got from Club Nintendo. As you know, it has to be redeemed by tomorrow. I just found out that it's over TEN GIGABYTES! I don't have that kind of space on my storage on Wii U! I'd have to delete several of my digital games to download it, and I don't know when I'll ever even play it!

Do I have any options? Is there a way to redeem it without downloading it to the system?

Off the top of my head, your best bet is to (assuming you have an ok internet connection), delete games to make space (but not the save data), d/l W101, delete it, then redownload the games you originally deleted.

VanWinkle

I would say delete some stuff then download it and just delete it, then you can redownload it anytime. But you have to use that code before its dead

Argh that will put me over my data cap and I'll get charged $10. This is really frustrating. You can't redeem the code online or on the console or something without downloading it?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Can you store games on a USB-powered external hard drive? I have a little 256GB drive, but it's not outlet-powered.

I use a USB powered harddrive, no problem. What you might need though is a Y-cable, so it can have power supplied by two of the outlets. I'm not sure if you could get away without a Y-cable in a pinch, just to start the download, but it's worth a shot. Keep in mind the full 256gb will have to be formatted by the Wii U, so don't expect to be able to use it for anything else.

OmegaFax

https://eshop.nintendo.net/redeem#/

Xenoboy

Okay, I just bought Splatoon digitally. I hope I won't regret it, or else I'll blame SplatGaf in my head.

I'll hold off of Ellito Quest until Monday, just to know what we'll get next week.

Argh that will put me over my data cap and I'll get charged $10. This is really frustrating. You can't redeem the code online or on the console or something without downloading it?
If you cancel the download as soon as it starts that counts as redeeming (trough the eShop itself download has to start for purchase to complete). You would still have to re-download whatever you got rid of make room (so the data cap problem persists) so give the URL jedivulcan posted a try first.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Just Dance 2016 (Ubisoft | Demo)

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• High Strangeness (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 3 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 9.
  • Elliot Quest (reduced from $12.99 to $10.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on August 13.
  • 99Moves, Abyss and Rock Zombie from EnjoyUp are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 27.
  • LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham has been reduced to $19.99 (from $29.99).

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Castle Conqueror Defender, Demon King Box and Quell Memento from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 20.
  • Toys vs. Monsters (reduced from $3.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 23.

vYU92.png

• Just Dance 2016 (Ubisoft | Demo)

Wii U | Sales

• Elliot Quest (PlayEveryWare) - €10.99/£8.00 (Ends August 13, normally €12.99/£9.49)
  • TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Keen Games) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends August 13, normally €7.99/£6.99)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Tomodachi Life (Nintendo) - €27.99/£24.49 (Ends August 6, normally €39.99/£34.99)
  • Code of Princess (AGATSUMA) - €14.95/£12.49 (Ends August 13, normally €29.99/£24.99)
  • Sayonara UmiharaKawase (AGATSUMA) - €12.40/£9.99 (Ends August 13, normally €24.99/£19.99)
  • Castle Conqueror Defender (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.49/£2.79 (Ends August 20, normally €4.99/£3.99)
  • Demon King Box (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99/£2.39 (Ends August 20, normally €3.99/£3.19)
  • Quell Momento (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99/£2.39 (Ends August 20, normally €3.99/£3.19)
  • Bit Boy!! ARCADE (Bplus) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends August 27, normally €7.99/£7.19)
  • PUZZLEBOX setup (Bplus) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends August 27, normally €2.99/£2.69)

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Just delete games to make space, start the download, then cancel it and redownload the games you're actually playing. Not ideal, but solves the problem :)

GulAtiCa

The patch for the Isaac game for 3DS is apparently out.

I'm not sure if I want to get it for 3DS or Wii U yet, but am waiting few weeks to make sure all bugs are fixed/etc since this is a Nicalis game after all. lol

foltzie1

Redeem the code on the eshop website. It will redeem and you will have the game on your account.

It will try to DL on your WII U, but fail due to lack of space. You can then opt to redownload when you have more space or are ready to delete something.

jholmes

The patch for the Isaac game for 3DS is apparently out.

I'm not sure if I want to get it for 3DS or Wii U yet, but am waiting few weeks to make sure all bugs are fixed/etc since this is a Nicalis game after all. lol

I've played it a ton on Wii U and haven't noticed a bug. I have zero complaints.

I know, I'm surprised too.

TEJ

Can anyone here recommend a good 1tb external hd that is wii u compatable? By good I mean not prone to failure. 100-150 is okay but less would be nice too.

Pokemaniac

Can anyone here recommend a good 1tb external hd that is wii u compatable? By good I mean not prone to failure. 100-150 is okay but less would be nice too.

I've been generally satisfied with the WD "My Book" line. Just remember to disable the drive spinning down while idle.

foltzie1

Redeem the code on the eshop website. It will redeem and you will have the game on your account.

Really? Do i need to register a credit card to use this method?

No CC required, just your NNID/PW and a game code. Works for Wii U and 3DS codes and they redeem to your account.

The systems will then try to DL the game in the background, but will throw an error (at least on the Wii U), if there isnt space.

I assume Nintendo has this up and running for future use, but thus far has not advertised it, but it works. I redeemed all of the Humble Bundle codes, and recent CN codes that way.

watershed

Banned
Looking for some advice here:

Would it be a mistake to buy Citizens of the Earth on the 3ds? 3ds is the only system I currently own and I think this game is appealing in a way. But I read some reviews and the image compression, long load times, and bugs seem to be persistent issues. Has anyone here beat the game on the 3ds? Was it worth it?

Bowl0l

A Wii game in NA?! madness...

Zero Mission next week?
Let's wait and see next week. No point being excited for 1 Wii game added to the eshop. It might be the last Wii game added to the eshop.

No CC required, just your NNID/PW and a game code. Works for Wii U and 3DS codes and they redeem to your account.

The systems will then try to DL the game in the background, but will throw an error (at least on the Wii U), if there isnt space.

I assume Nintendo has this up and running for future use, but thus far has not advertised it, but it works. I redeemed all of the Humble Bundle codes, and recent CN codes that way.
Noted. It might be handy if there is humble bundle for 1st party Nintendo games.

Ondore

Question: Is the eShop country determined at the system level, or the NNID level? (IE: My Wii U is set to Canada, could I create an NNID that's set to the United States?)

Let's wait and see next week. No point being excited for 1 Wii game added to the eshop. It might be the last Wii game added to the eshop.
I was eating chocolate cake as I read your post and I was pretty happy about it, but now I'm not. No point being excited about one piece of cake when it might be the last piece of chocolate cake I ever eat, even though I think there's another piece somewhere in the fridge. Let's wait until next week to see if there's a point being excited about today's chocolate cake! Yeppers, that makes total sense.

Javier

Question: Is the eShop country determined at the system level, or the NNID level? (IE: My Wii U is set to Canada, could I create an NNID that's set to the United States?)
The NNID country and the system country have to match in order to access the eShop. So the correct answer is both.

So if you are in Canada and want to access the US eShop, you CAN do it, but you have to use a US NNID and set the system to the US in system settings.

Remember that funds don't carry over between accounts. Also, the US eShop doesn't accept non-US credit cards.

Bowl0l

I was eating chocolate cake as I read your post and I was pretty happy about it, but now I'm not. No point being excited about one piece of cake when it might be the last piece of chocolate cake I ever eat, even though I think there's another piece somewhere in the fridge. Let's wait until next week to see if there's a point being excited about today's chocolate cake! Yeppers, that makes total sense.
Fungus will grow on your cake before NoA adds another Wii game to the eshop. Instead of Wii, we might get more N64, DS games and more Nindies, which is better than nothing.

Ulthwe

Hi guys, I saw there was a Nicalis (Cave Story) sale recently, but I think it was limited to USA. Did it apply to Europe?

Hue, Curve's new game for Wii U (among other platforms) looks interesting. It seems to be another one of their port/publish jobs and not an original game. Their Wii U ports are well done from what I've heard and of interesting games but I wonder when their next original game will show up. They know how to make good games themselves; Stealth Inc and Fluidity are a lot of fun.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
HUH, so I was doing some shopping & noticed some Mario backpacks. There was a thing attached where it said "Free 3DS Game". Amazingly, after bending the sealed bag, I was able to see you get a free code for Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, which I have to say, I'm rather surprised. I figured it would've been something cheap or free.

My place was selling them for about $12.50, so I guess if you have any kids that're Nintendo fans, that might be a decent deal to look into. Backpack for your kid + a free, decent game for you (or your kid as well I guess)

Ladekabel

Hue, Curve's new game for Wii U (among other platforms) looks interesting. It seems to be another one of their port/publish jobs and not an original game. Their Wii U ports are well done from what I've heard and of interesting games but I wonder when their next original game will show up. They know how to make good games themselves; Stealth Inc and Fluidity are a lot of fun.

Looks similiar to Outland and I sadly can't say I did enjoy Outland.

zigg

My place was selling them for about $12.50, so I guess if you have any kids that're Nintendo fans, that might be a decent deal to look into. Backpack for your kid + a free, decent game for you (or your kid as well I guess)
Where was this?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It was at my Meijer in Michigan. It was a 2 for $25 deal. I would assume places like Walmart & Target would also have it, though maybe not for the same price.

Edit: I THINK this was the backpack. If it is, then maybe you should grab it considering Minis on the Move is $10 on the eShop. Just look for a Mario backpack & it should have a little plastic bag hanging on it with a booklet & mention of the free 3DS game.

Top Bottom