• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - July 2015

maxcriden

Okay guys, what's the consensus on Elliot's Quest?

What kind of game is it? Is it fast- or slow-paced?

omg. What Elliot Quest is, is truly amazing. I've only played bits and pieces of Zelda II, mostly in NES Remix II, but man is EQ ever awesome. It's clearly a spiritual successor to Zelda II and wears it on its sleeve. You use a bow and arrow instead of a sword and it feels just terrific. The spirit of what it feels like to play a Zelda game is very much present in the game. I'm not sure how many hours we've put in yet. But it's been quite a few. (HTLB says 12-16 hours but nobody has done a completionist run yet, only main and main + extra.) We're probably nearing the end of the main game so we're focusing on side content. Of which there is just oodles and oodles.

tumblr_nlksa4b9eK1tliyz4o7_r1_1280.gif

So I would call this a 2D Action RPG, in terms of genre. It's kinda...Zelda-paced, if that makes sense. I wouldn't say it's fast paced like a Mega Man or a Mario, nor slow-paced like a Kirby. You do a lot of exploring, with frequent punctuated, lengthy instances of action. There are puzzles to solve, but it comes down to more action and exploration than puzzles. There are several fascinating items to acquire that will again bring Zelda to mind but with the game's unique look, world and story, it never feels like a rip-off of Zelda. Especially since there hasn't been a fully 2D side-scrolling Zelda since 1987. So this feels very fresh.

tumblr_nlgrrloTnt1s8ouhxo4_500.gif

Let me try to sing its praises some more. The game is a true masterpiece on the eShop and on the Wii U in general. The action just feels great and seamless. The upgrade and risk/reward system is thoughtful (you can die as many times as you like, but it comes at the cost of XP, although you cannot "level down"). The enemies remind me of what I've played of Zelda II and what I found in Skyward Sword, insofar as they take some cunning and skill to best. Pure button mashing won't take you the whole way in the game. The game world is vast, complex, and interlocking. Think Golden Sun where you have the overworld map and individual dungeons, towns, and areas. IIRC Zelda II did something similar. You walk around the overworld map and when you come upon a place you can enter, Elliot gets a "!" over his head in a little speech bubble, and you can enter that area. So this includes both evident dungeons and towns, as well as hidden nooks and crannies, which abound in the game's world.

tumblr_neosux7TSb1s8ouhxo4_500.gif

The music is by Michael Chait who I wasn't familiar with. It's terrific. I don't think I have the musical vocabulary to put why I like it so much into words, but suffice it to say it feels adventurous, in a similar vein to Zelda, and even with some tracks being repeated pretty regularly it remains catchy and fun to listen to. The dungeon theme in particular is really rad.

In terms of buggy issues:

There were some glitches that have now been largely fixed. One boss was still a bit glitched for us but it just made the fight a bit tougher. Still doable though.

The framerate is wonderful. I think they fixed the bug but when I was getting frame dips it was fixable if I switched to mirroring w/ off-screen play rather than the default which uses the GamePad screen for inventory.

The initial load time is 1-2 mins then load times are nonexistent.

tumblr_neosux7TSb1s8ouhxo3_500.gif

get

I got it at Target for $10 last year and I had my fun with it. I never played an Assassin's Creed game before either, and some of the very Assassin's Creed specific stuff I didn't enjoy much. But being a pirate is fun.

The port isn't anything really good as the frame rate is a bit ugly but the map is on the Wii U GamePad and it's easy to manage.

Hmmm, I'll probably pick it up the next time I see it on sale then. I missed it this time due to real life events happening last week but I'll try to snag it next time. Thank you!

SerTapTap

Elliot Quest seemed cool, played a bit of it on PC. Maybe I should try and dig deeper.

I played a bit more High STrangeness, pretty decent so far though it seems lots of people complain about the length (~5 hours)

Zeeman

Square Enix is never bringing its games to the Wii U Virtual Console, right? I'm tempted to finally grab Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger from the Wii VC, but I was hoping to never have to deal with Wii points ever again.

maxcriden

Warning: massive wall of text in re: Pokémon discussion a few pages back

In Mystery Dungeon you're fighting Pokémon vs Pokémon. It's basically you versus criminal Pokémon, since you take up jobs. You either collect an item or beat an "Outlaw"

In Rangers it's you versus the evil Team. And you don't keep your Pokémon permanently. You use them once and they are gone.

Both are fun, but I'd skip the first Ranger and maybe the first Dungeon.
I wouldn't trust Metacritic for these games. If you like Pokémon and want too see a new take on the world then it's for you. It feels like reviewers don't get the games.

Thanks Xenoboy, that's really helpful to know. I will probably start with the first entries though, unless they're abhorrent I tend to shy away from skipping first entries in series. :)

Since, I've played nearly every Pokemon spinoff, might at well give some impressions.

PokePark and PokePark 2:
I personally enjoyed these games. They're good, but not great. In these games, you play as a Pikachu and the main task is to befriend all of the Pokemon in the PokePark. You befriend them by doing things such as beating them in minigames, doing sidequests for them, besting them in battle, etc. The second game is a bit better, but they're both worth playing.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:
In these games, you play as a human who suddenly wakes up as a Pokemon in a world populated only by Pokemon. The gameplay is pretty classic rouge-like. You explore randomly generated dungeons where each action you take (moving, using items, using attacks) counts as a turn. Plotwise, the games are actually pretty dark by Pokemon standards, but all of the characters, including the antagonists, are Pokemon (at least at the time the story takes place). If you're wondering which ones to play, they're all good, but some had multiple versions, just like the main-series Pokemon games. You're probably best off playing Blue Rescue Team, Explorers of Sky, Gates to Infinity, and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon once that releases.

Pokemon Ranger:
You play as a Pokemon Ranger. Pokemon Rangers don't catch Pokemon the normal way. They use their capture styler to communicate their feelings to Pokemon (by drawing circles around them). Once captured you can have the Pokemon help you out with environmental obstacles or power up your capture styler. No real Pokemon on Pokemon violence (some of the capture assists are borderline, but I'm pretty sure that canonically, all the Pokemon do is power up your styler), but the antagonists do command Pokemon to attack the player. The second and third game are great, but the first one has some pretty big flaws in its capture mechanics. I still enjoyed the first game, but the second and third games are improvements on it in basically every way.

Another thing you may want to look into:
Pokemon Rumble Series:
It's a beat 'em up where you play as toy Pokemon. Humans generally exist, but (outside of Rumble World, which doesn't fit your criteria) are generally uninvolved. It's got some flaws, but it can be pretty fun with other players. From this series, Pokemon Rumble Blast is by far the best, though, if you enjoy that, you may enjoy the original and Pokemon Rumble U as well. As said above, Pokemon Rumble World doesn't fit you criteria, because there are trainers in that game (the Pokemon are still toys, though).

Wow, that is a lot of detailed impressions! I really appreciate it. Thanks so much for typing all that up. I don't think the Rumble games are my kinda thing, since I don't tend to care for beat 'em ups much, but your descriptions of the rest of the games you discussed definitely help me better understand what to expect from them. Thanks!

Maxy boy, do I have THE game for you: Pokemon Channel™ for the Nintendo Gamecube™.

Pok%C3%A9mon_Channel_Coverart.png

You like sitting on your ass and watching TV, right? Well check it: now you can do that, BUT WITH PIKACHU! You can view fortune telling with Chansey, snooty art critiques with Smeargle, QVC shopping hosted by Squirtle, an exclusive episode of the anime, and much more. You can also go around and mess with other Pokemon outside by taking quizzes, going fishing, etc. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! You can even unlock little demo versions of Pokemon Mini games! (Which include arcade puzzles and pinball, but I digress.)

This game will fulfill all of your wildest dreams and more. What are you waiting for? Go out and buy Pokemon Channel™ TODAY!

Where do I sign up? Thanks man!!

So you don't want to play as a Human with a Pokemon squad, and you also don't want to play as Pokemon who battle other Pokemon.

Slightly changing the subject, but have you tried the Chibi-Robo series? Being completely straight-up here, it completely sounds like your type of game. Park Patrol for DS especially. Lot of grinding, friendly play, fighting pollution embodied as dark creatures by cleaning up a park and maintaining it, cool upgrades to expand how much you can do. No Pokemon but really cute stuff in the game.

I might be ok with Pokémon battling other Pokémon, if there's a reason for the Pokémon they're fighting getting into fights with them beyond just "Pokémon fight each other."

I do have CR and Park Patrol but haven't played either. Just haven't gotten to either yet. I plan to get Zip Lash for sure though. My concern with Park Patrol in particular is that I don't care for grinding much.

IIRC Hey You Pikachu wasn't super well critically received, but it was a really novel and exciting game for me. I love all the collectables (picking up certain objects will actually place them in your house) and I really enjoyed being able to just walk around and explore places. I think it's worth a shot though I'm not sure how hard/expensive it is to get a cart and working mic these days.

And yeah, in Pokemon Snap you have to use "pester balls" to annoy certain pokemon to occasionally get them out of hiding, evolve them or get a better shot. I'm not sure if you can beat the game without using them, possibly not? You do have to break Mew's psychic shield to get a proper shot as the final mission though it doesn't really seem to mind much.

It was the pester balls that came to mind, yeah. I don't mind throwing them near the Pokémon, but didn't you have to hit the Pokémon with them sometimes?

I'm glad to hear this HYP praise though. I never realized it was well liked at all.

sörine

Banned
Elliot Quest is like if Zelda II and Kid Icarus made a baby. A baby that was better than it's parents in almost every way.

This game and Unepic are the secret best Wii U titles. Buy them.

Experien

What is good multiplayer games for Wii U that isn't a racer, a fighter, and NO motion controls? Got a friend that is pretty picky apparently.

Pokemaniac

What is good multiplayer games for Wii U that isn't a racer, a fighter, and NO motion controls? Got a friend that is pretty picky apparently.

The motion controls in Splatoon can be turned off. Doing so puts you at a disadvantage, but it is an option.

maxcriden

The motion controls in Splatoon can be turned off. Doing so puts you at a disadvantage, but it is an option.

Disadvantage is kind of a strong word for it. Granted I didn't play much ranked, but I was able to hold my own surprisingly well using a Splattershot Jr. and playing online. It's very possible to be good at the game and not use motion controls. I find them a little dizzying to use in Splatoon, personally (although in plenty of games they don't bother me at all--just depends on the type of game, type of movement, and speed of movement I think). I would say there's probably a solid percentage of top players using regular old controls. Even 10% would mean it can be done. SP helped me quite a bit in getting solid at the controls.

ETA: NSMBU and 3DW would be two other (offline) MP games that fit the criteria. As would Pikmin 3 in some modes. :)

Pokemaniac

Disadvantage is kind of a strong word for it. Granted I didn't play much ranked, but I was able to hold my own surprisingly well using a Splattershot Jr. and playing online. It's very possible to be good at the game and not use motion controls. I find them a little dizzying to use in Splatoon, personally (although in plenty of games they don't bother me at all--just depends on the type of game, type of movement, and speed of movement I think). I would say there's probably a solid percentage of top players using regular old controls. Even 10% would mean it can be done. SP helped me quite a bit in getting solid at the controls.

ETA: NSMBU and 3DW would be two other (offline) MP games that fit the criteria. As would Pikmin 3 in some modes. :)

I didn't say that you couldn't play Splatoon good without motion controls, just that you put yourself at a disadvantage. You just have to work much harder to be good at the game without motion controls.

Also, you may want to try adjusting the sensitivity of Splatoon's motion controls if you find them dizzying at the default settings.

maxcriden

I didn't say that you couldn't play Splatoon good without motion controls, just that you put yourself at a disadvantage. You just have to work much harder to be good at the game without motion controls.

Also, you may want to try adjusting the sensitivity of Splatoon's motion controls if you find them dizzying at the default settings.

I guess what I meant is (not to nitpick or argue, of course), is that I don't think it actually is necessarily harder to use default controls or be good with them. I think it depends on the player a bit.

I did try adjusting the sensitivity. Didn't help much. It's a thing with migraines for me and motion. I appreciate the tip regardless though :)

(Although, I already sent Splatoon back to GameFly so no plans to revisit anytime soon.)

ETA: some more great choices: DK: TF, Nintendo Land (!), and The Cave.

Robin64

I also have them off. I shift position on the sofa too much, laying down one minute and sitting up the next. Just got in the way of motion controls.

jmizzal

I've had motion off since release since the game is nearly unplayable for me with it on. It absolutely does not put you at a disadvantage lmao.

I have to join the motion off Splatoon crowd here, once I got the right weapon set up, I have been very good on Splatoon, besides the game isnt about killing only, so your really not relying on quick twitch kills to be good at it.

maxcriden

Yup, still pretty awesome though, I think its made by the Mario Galaxy team.

That's a pretty high pedigree, for sure!

Not really if you like scoring games.

It's like Pac-Man CE DX: the mazes aren't there to be completed once, they're there to be completed again and again until you earn a very high score. If you go for platinum the replay value is very high, because it asks a lot of bettering yourself and understanding the mechanics of the game. Also, it's just plain FUN to replay.

I don't know if NPC is different, though.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks man. I didn't realize it was a score-attack kinda game. I do like those when they're level based, sometimes. I dunno, it depends on the game for me but I do plan to give it another shot.

Don't be put off by the short length. Jungle Beat on Wii (have yet to sit through the original GC version with the bongos) was one of my favorite games on the system. The stage design is BEYOND competent. So tightly and intelligently designed. The scoring system (if going for the best rank/medal) showcases how well designed the stages are, too. It's a different beast compared to the traditional DKC platformers, but worth playing for its own reasons.

I know better than to ignore a Yuterald recommendation, especially such a strong one. Thank you!

Is that still an issue now that the game is no longer contemporary and can be had for relatively little?

Personally, I love great games that get to the point and don't wear out their welcome and pad out the game with unnecessary aspects. Part of that is because longer games now take up such a huge chunk of my year, it's nice to get through a fun experience and move on to the next one. I'd love to hear your take on this!

In terms of price, I think the NPC print run was pretty low. I want to say after much hunting and eBay negotiating I got it for $15ish, maybe slightly more w/ shipping. This was about a year ago I think. I want to say we tried it once, weren't feeling it, and it's been sitting on the shelf (well, shelves, since we moved!) ever since.

In terms of games that get right to the point, I totally agree. I mean, I like a good balance. A Soul Bubbles to balance out every Skyward Sword. As you indicated, they make for really good and thoughtful and fun experiences of their own. In this same vein, I really enjoyed BOXBOY! and (the first world of) Stretchmo earlier this year. :)

Simbabbad

All I know if that an anti motion controls friend of mine disabled them from the start in Splatoon, played a few weeks, then tried them and persevered a little, and his performance/rank skyrocketed. Now he plays the game only with them on.

So yes, turning them off puts you at a disadvantage.

Myself, I'm puzzled how anybody can mind them, they're implemented perfectly and not intrusive. In fact, I'd love them to become a standard.

maxcriden

All I know if that an anti motion controls friend of mine disabled them from the start in Splatoon, played a few weeks, then tried them and persevered a little, and his performance/rank skyrocketed. Now he plays the game only with them on.

So yes, turning them off puts you at a disadvantage.

Myself, I'm puzzled how anybody can mind them, they're implemented perfectly and not intrusive. In fact, I'd love them to become a standard.

I'm truly not trying to give you a hard time, but that's completely anecdotal evidence. What you can say is that for your typically motion control-adverse amigo, he is better with them on then off in Splatoon. That doesn't make it a universal rule.

As I mentioned, for me the main issue with motion controls in Splatoon and in some other games comes down to a motion dizziness-type issue related to daily migraines. So I can't speak for anybody else, but for those of us with medically-related issues, it's I think even more perplexing when people say they can't fathom someone having a different and equally legitimate viewpoint about motion controls. I'm sorry if I'm sounding harsh at all. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, just a bit of a pet peeve of mine I suppose. I don't see the harm in being inclusive to multiple peoples' and groups' viewpoints and experiences.

(FWIW, as I mentioned I'm a fan of motion controls in some games, just not in Splatoon.)

Simbabbad

I do understand issues like motion sickness, but that's pretty specific.

In Splatoon, motion controls are used as auxiliary to stick controls, not as substitute. The wider turning, the left/right axis, is still mostly done with the stick, motion controls are for fine tuning, and they do help being very quickly and instinctively more accurate. So given this, I'm puzzled how anyone can really mind them (out of medical condition, obviously).

Anyway, turning them off because of motion sickness doesn't mean you're not disadvantaged (not like it's really significant in the grand scheme of things).

In Splatoon, motion controls are used as auxiliary to stick controls, not as substitute. The wider turning, the left/right axis, is still mostly done with the stick, motion controls are for fine tuning, and they do help being very quickly and instinctively more accurate. So given this, I'm puzzled how anyone can really mind them (out of medical condition, obviously).

Anyway, turning them off because of motion sickness doesn't mean you're not disadvantaged (not like it's really significant in the grand scheme of things).

I haven't played Splatoon but after playing Uncharted on Vita I agree that motion controls for fine-tuning are in every way superior to only stick controls. It's not a subjective thing, you just cannot achieve the same accuracy without them.

maxcriden

It's specific, yes, and I appreciate what you're saying, but at the same time I think people who have some quibble about motion controls generally have some specific issue of their own with them.

I guess we're just kind of beginning to go in circles or splitting hairs a bit, but I feel like that extra precision you're describing isn't necessary a necessity in the fast-paced world of Splatoon, at least in the Turf War and Ranked modes (or Single Player). I dunno. I see your point, certainly, I just think it's so dependent on playstyle and on the person that it's not a disadvantage per se.

I haven't played Splatoon but after playing Uncharted on Vita I agree that motion controls for fine-tuning are in every way superior to only stick controls. It's not a subjective thing, you just cannot achieve the same accuracy without them.

See for some motion control I am totally on board. I dunno. I may not be explaining my position very well here. I'll just say that in games like Skyward Sword (which I realize isn't motion control in the same way) I was a big fan of the controls. Nintendo Land, same thing, and there are probably some comparable implementations there as you'll find with Splatoon, but because of the speed and style of the minigames in Nintendo Land it felt different to me. Like, Donkey Kong: Crash Course has a terrific use of motion controls for me. So I see the appeal, and the advantage, I just am not convinced that the extra level of precision is a significant or necessary advantage in games like Splatoon.

(Surprised you haven't played Splatoon, BTW.)

See for some motion control I am totally on board. I dunno. I may not be explaining my position very well here. I'll just say that in games like Skyward Sword (which I realize isn't motion control in the same way) I was a big fan of the controls. Nintendo Land, same thing, and there are probably some comparable implementations there as you'll find with Splatoon, but because of the speed and style of the minigames in Nintendo Land it felt different to me. Like, Donkey Kong: Crash Course has a terrific use of motion controls for me. So I see the appeal, and the advantage, I just am not convinced that the extra level of precision is a significant or necessary advantage in games like Splatoon.

(Surprised you haven't played Splatoon, BTW.)

I was an absolute hater of motion controls of all kinds, and sort of still am, but Uncharted made me a believer for the use in shooters. Your situation is unique, but I'm sure that almost everyone who gives it time and tries to understand how motion controls help with fine-aiming will see the benefit after a while. It's just a very natural way to aim things.
Because I haven't played Splatoon I can't say how much it's necessary or advantageous in that specific game, but I think it's a feature that every shooter should at least have as an option and most will be improved by it.

I still don't own a Wii U and have barely enough time to play all my systems as it is. Some day though..
Kind of hoping for NX backwards compatibility :x

maxcriden

I was an absolute hater of motion controls of all kinds, and sort of still am, but Uncharted made me a believer for the use in shooters. Your situation is unique, but I'm sure that almost everyone who gives it time and tries to understand how motion controls help with fine-aiming will see the benefit after a while. It's just a very natural way to aim things.
Because I haven't played Splatoon I can't say how much it's necessary or advantageous in that specific game, but I think it's a feature that every shooter should at least have as an option and most will be improved by it.

I still don't own a Wii U and have barely enough time to play all my systems as it is. Some day though..
Kind of hoping for NX backwards compatibility :x

That makes sense to me. Thanks for your thoughts on the subject.

You know, I'm hoping for NX BC as well. That way lots more people will get to play the masterpieces available on Wii U.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"To celebrate the birthday of everyone's favorite pink puffball, we're releasing 3 classic Kirby games in the #WiiU #eShop on 7/30!"

QUICK, SOMEONE GUESS WHAT THEY ARE!!!

I'm guessing Squeak Squad, Kirby 64, and.....I don't know, Mass Attack. Would be amazed if Return to Dreamland finally got added.

Xenoboy

I'm gonna guess that you Americans will get
- Return to Dreamland
- Epic Yarn
- 20th Anniversary Collection
(´・ω・`)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd be surprised if Epic Yarn was one of them, considering it's not up in any region. I think Return to Dreamland is available in.....Europe?

Anything else I wouldn't really qualify as "classic" (Kirby's Avalanche) or would be on 3DS due to being GB/C (Tilt 'n Tumble).

.............actually, maybe Canvas Curse could be added?

Drago

I'd be surprised if Epic Yarn was one of them, considering it's not up in any region. I think Return to Dreamland is available in.....Europe?
Epic Yarn is available in Europe.

A release of RtDL would be super nice. That's one of the few Wii games I would buy on WiiU given how crazy used prices for it are.

Ondore

There's seven possible games: 64, Squeak Squad, Canvas Curse, Super Star Ultra, Mass Attack, Return to Dreamland and Epic Yarn.

I want Mass Attack and the Wii games, but we'll probably get 64, Squeak Squad and Canvas Curse.

sörine

Banned
There's seven possible games: 64, Squeak Squad, Canvas Curse, Super Star Ultra, Mass Attack, Return to Dreamland and Epic Yarn.

I want Mass Attack and the Wii games, but we'll probably get 64, Squeak Squad and Canvas Curse.
There's also Kirby's Avalanche, which for whatever reason never saw a Wii U release even though it did on Wii VC.

jholmes

I'm going to bet it's Kirby 64, Return to Dreamland and one of the DS games... probably Canvas Curse. Those first two I'll definitely get (already have 64 on Wii) so please do this Nintendo.

Not sure what the odds are really but I'd say 64 is a lock and one of the Wii games is likely. Avalanche would be a neat pick but I think there's some rights issues there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I doubt Super Star Ultra would get re-released with Super Star already on there........but then again, this is Nintendo, where they have both the NES original of SMB2 & then added the GBA port.

Kirby 64 is very likely one of the games, no argument there.

Canvas Curse seems like a good way to be all "Hey, you liked Rainbow Curse? Try the original!"

maxcriden

If one of the Wii games is included I will be delighted and astonished, but given the word class I'm skeptical. My guess is 64, Squeak Squad, and SSU or Canvas Curse. I'm assuming Amazing Mirror is already on there. Mass Attack is superb though and I hope more people get to play it eventually.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kirby games already available on Wii U VC:

- Kirby's Adventure
- Kirby Super Star
- Kirby's Dream Land 3
- Kirby's Nightmare in Dream Land
- Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
- Kirby's Dream Course

You'd think Tilt 'n Tumble would be on the 3DS VC considering it HAS a gyroscope built in, being able to emulate the one used for the GBC cartridge, but I guess it might cause some people to flip "too hard" and have it unhinge from its set angle.

Platy

"To celebrate the birthday of everyone's favorite pink puffball, we're releasing 3 classic Kirby games in the #WiiU #eShop on 7/30!"

QUICK, SOMEONE GUESS WHAT THEY ARE!!!

I'm guessing Squeak Squad, Kirby 64, and.....I don't know, Mass Attack. Would be amazed if Return to Dreamland finally got added.

Canvas Course, Return to Dreamland and Canvas Course

I don't know,maybe replace return to dreamland because Wii is not exactly VC and replace with ... I don't know, Canvas Course ?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Actually, it says "eShop" & not "Virtual Console", so maybe Return to Dream Land has a chance, especially if Europe already has it.

Also, Course is the name for Kirby's Dream Course. It's Kirby's Canvas CURSE. ;p

Katsuragi

I would be more excited about Super Mario RPG finally coming to Wii U but Square Enix

That game was published by Nintendo, so I don't think Square-Enix has anything to do with it being absent from the North American and European Wii U Virtual Console.

That game was published by Nintendo, so I don't think Square-Enix has anything to do with it being absent from the North American and European Wii U Virtual Console.

It contains characters that are owned by Square-Enix though. The game itself might be owned by Nintendo, but characters like most notably, Geno is owned by Square-Enix.

Richie

True, otherwise it wouldn't have been offered as a Club Nintendo reward, me thinks.

What an amazing week it is to be a Nintendo fan. Smash DLC round three, 3 Kirby games at once, Splatoon update coming next week.

If one of the Kirby games is indeed Return to Dreamland, I wonder if they're going to do like with the first three Wii titles and offer it for a discount the first week. I know this wasn't the case in either Japan nor Europe, but it'd be cool to see the notorious detail on Wii titles 'compensated' with something like this.

Top Bottom