• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2014

GRW810

Pullblox World, day one. Even better for the discount.

Anyone with a 3DS, get Fractured Soul! Brilliant, intelligent sci-fi platformer with a Metroid Prime atmosphere and clever, effective use of the two screens. There's hours and hours of gameplay, over two dozen levels and leaderboards. Give this game some love, at that price it's a steal.

EDIT: Toki Tori 2+ for under three quid? Yep, that's mine too.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yes. Absolutely a must have for that price. Insane value.

Thats what i thought - since i will get my WiiU this week this might be my first eShop purchase. Cant wait to use Off-TV play again !!!

I could have sworn BearShark came out alre...blimey, it came out 2nd May 2013 in America and it was $4 there? Really?

Toki Tori 2+ for 3 euros seems like a must-have, right?
Sounds like a good deal but I have to wonder if it will go for similar in the Steam Summer sale for people who would prefer it on PC.

Sounds like a good deal but I have to wonder if it will go for similar in the Steam Summer sale for people who would prefer it on PC.
Probably will go lower in the Steam sales (and it has the level editor + user created maps). Personally I vastly prefer to have it on Wii U due to off TV play though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

I still still would rather get it on WiiU, in fact im sure it was already damn cheap on Steam a couple of months ago - still didnt buy it because it would just add another cheap title to my huge Steam Backlog - on WiiU with Off-TV play i will be more motivated to put some serios game time into it.

scamander

Banned
It's a pretty good one, though.

From the screenshots it doesn't look like a game I would enjoy very much. That aside, the game is also available on the 3DS eshop for quite some time and the NES emulation on the Wii U sucks in comparison. I wish Nintendo would release more SNES and GBA games, while also adding Dreamcast-, N64- and Gamecube-titles to the VC-service. That won't happen however, if they continue to release only 1 (or none) retro game per week.

PS. Your nickname is really irritating. oO :D

Nintendo Germany customer services got back to me regarding Golden Sun being in English only:
We are happy to forward your feedback on the language of "Golden Sun". There are currently no plans to offer the title with German language.
Shame as I mailed them wanting to know why the existing FIGS translations were ignored in the first place. Well I tried to find out and failed :(

scamander

Banned
Nintendo Germany customer services got back to me regarding Golden Sun being in English only:

Shame as I mailed them wanting to know why the existing FIGS translations were ignored in the first place. Well I tried to find out and failed :(

I can only assume that it has something to do with them outsourcing the VC business to a third party with GBA games. Apparently they only make one VC-version per game in Europe. Most of the time that's not a problem, because there was only one cartridge per game released for the whole continent (either Multi5 or english-only). Golden Sun though had a separate cartridge for each market, so they only used the UK one for the VC-release.

Maybe they will release an update with FIGS language options, they probably won't though. :/

m0t0k1

I don't want to link my 3ds to an nnid because i bought vlr on the uk eshop don't want to lose the chance to redownload if something to happen to my sd card. I still hope somehow i will get the sale because i own both pullblox and fallblox.

zigg

I don't want to link my 3ds to an nnid because i bought vlr on the uk eshop don't want to lose the chance to redownload if something to happen to my sd card. I still hope somehow i will get the sale because i own both pullblox and fallblox.
I don't see how you could, if your 3DS and Wii U aren't associated in any way.

m0t0k1

I don't see how you could, if your 3DS and Wii U aren't associated in any way.

It pops up in my club nintendo account. So i can get stars for the games. Same stuff happens when i buy wii u things. they pop up there so they know i bought it. Its like the 3ds action last year when we did not have nnid yet buy 3 games get 1 free. If you registered 3 of the listed games you could download 1 for free. So i hope if you register one of the Blox games you get the sale on wii u.

zroid

Banned

Well according to Starwolf on the previous page, this wouldn't be an issue, unless VLR is not available from whichever country's eShop your NNID is linked to. I think that's how it works, anyway.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Come on NoA, come through for us with the Pushmo World discount ;_;

Please
Seriously. Considering I have both 3DS titles, would be great if I could get the discount for being a fan of the series in the US. It'd be amazing if they did a further discount (50%?) if you had both games compared to just one.

m0t0k1

Well according to Starwolf on the previous page, this wouldn't be an issue, unless VLR is not available from whichever country's eShop your NNID is linked to. I think that's how it works, anyway.

hmm ok yeah my wii u is linked to my dutch nnid so if i link my 3ds i will link it to my dutch nnid so i thought i could not enter the UK eshop again that is why i was afraid i bought zelda OoT and VLR on the UK eshop since it was cheaper during sales and had bought some uk eshop cards since i visited london arround those times. But i got €5 for the free game from mk so i can take the loss to avoid the risk.

It pops up in my club nintendo account. So i can get stars for the games. Same stuff happens when i buy wii u things. they pop up there so they know i bought it. Its like the 3ds action last year when we did not have nnid yet buy 3 games get 1 free. If you registered 3 of the listed games you could download 1 for free. So i hope if you register one of the Blox games you get the sale on wii u.
You won't. The Club Nintendo link does not talk back to the eShop. It is just talked to when you make a purchase (hence why it does not link purchases made before you made the link).

Personally, I'd keep the borders open on the 3DS and forget about the cross-buy (the savings I get from favorable exchange rates on some eShops far exceed the €3 that offers but then again the £ is in a good place currently) as the open borders are a good option to have. If Nintendo continue down this path and offer much better cross buy promos it will be a harder decision for sure.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know what resolution and framerate "How to Survive" runs at on the Wii U? It looks pretty fun.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I never played this game, but I've read some about it. It seems like it's hard to get a feel for what the gameplay is like just from reading about it, though. It sure looks neat. Have you played it, blu?
I have played it a lot. This game still holds the story-telling sci-fi game award in my book, along with the metroid series. The gameplay is a combination of action and puzzle-solving. Another World (AKA 'Out of this World' in some territories) is the spiritual prequel to Flashback, if you know that game.

m0t0k1

You won't. The Club Nintendo link does not talk back to the eShop. It is just talked to when you make a purchase (hence why it does not link purchases made before you made the link).

Personally, I'd keep the borders open on the 3DS and forget about the cross-buy (the savings I get from favorable exchange rates on some eShops far exceed the €3 that offers but then again the £ is in a good place currently) as the open borders are a good option to have. If Nintendo continue down this path and offer much better cross buy promos it will be a harder decision for sure.

Yup i will take the loss then. Thanks for clarifying.

Magnus

So, uh, guys. I think something is seriously wrong with my eShop account, but in my favour.

I noticed that a couple of games appear in my download list on the eShop which I never bought digitally in the past - I owned physical copies of them only, but have since sold or traded them away.

For shits and giggles, I hit re-download, and it worked. I'm playing what appears to be the full version of SM3DW despite no longer owning the cart. Is this a new...and awesome feature I didn't know about, or is this a mistake?

Extra detail: I just did a system transfer from my OG 3DS to this new XL I just got. I don't know if I was able to redownload the games in question on the OG, but I can on the XL.

What's going on?

jmizzal

So, uh, guys. I think something is seriously wrong with my eShop account, but in my favour.

I noticed that a couple of games appear in my download list on the eShop which I never bought digitally in the past - I owned physical copies of them only, but have since sold or traded them away.

For shits and giggles, I hit re-download, and it worked. I'm playing what appears to be the full version of SM3DW despite no longer owning the cart. Is this a new...and awesome feature I didn't know about, or is this a mistake?

Extra detail: I just did a system transfer from my OG 3DS to this new XL I just got. I don't know if I was able to redownload the games in question on the OG, but I can on the XL.

What's going on?

Wow free games I need to check mine lol, are you US?

Magnus

Wow free games I need to check mine lol, are you US?

Canadian.

On further inspection, it's only letting me do this with SM3DW and MK7. I've definitely owned other physical games that I no longer own, though, whichever aren't on the download list.

The only correlation I can think of is that I believe those two are the only games I registered with Club Nintendo or whatever (the red/white sheets that come packaged with retail games).

Did they seriously credit my account with free digital versions of those games by accident?

daydream

Banned
Canadian.

On further inspection, it's only letting me do this with SM3DW and MK7. I've definitely owned other physical games that I no longer own, though, whichever aren't on the download list.

The only correlation I can think of is that I believe those two are the only games I registered with Club Nintendo or whatever (the red/white sheets that come packaged with retail games).

Did they seriously credit my account with free digital versions of those games by accident?

You referring to 3D Land, perchance?

Interesting bug, though. I couldn't reproduce it (only own one XL), but others can probably.

LayLa

What's going on?

are you sure its a new XL? because it sounds like when you transferred over your data it merged with a previous account that had games registered to it.

BooJoh

are you sure its a new XL? because it sounds like when you transferred over your data it merged with a previous account that had games registered to it.

That does sound like the most likely scenario. Depending on where you bought it if you paid full price for it you might be able to explain the situation and get a partial refund since it was used, but it's not likely. Otherwise if the system is in mint condition you can probably just be happy you got some free games.

maxcriden

I have played it a lot. This game still holds the story-telling sci-fi game award in my book, along with the metroid series. The gameplay is a combination of action and puzzle-solving. Another World (AKA 'Out of this World' in some territories) is the spiritual prequel to Flashback, if you know that game.

Hmm, I don't think I'm familiar with Flashback at all, but I really like the 2D Metroid style of games. I'll be sure to check out the game, though! Thanks for the info!

Magnus

That does sound like the most likely scenario. Depending on where you bought it if you paid full price for it you might be able to explain the situation and get a partial refund since it was used, but it's not likely. Otherwise if the system is in mint condition you can probably just be happy you got some free games.

I used the word 'new' only to mean it's the system I just grabbed today. It was refurbished/used from EB Games. I was under the impression these were wiped clean? It certainly behaved like a new clean one when turned on - asked for a profile/internet connection setup and everything.

Even if this is what happened and it wasn't a clean/wiped system, I'm not sure I understand where the games would have come from. I thought the whole thing with Nintendo was no account system? Did these appear in my download list because they were on the list of the previous owner's?

But how would they get added to my list under my NNID?

I'm confused. Haha.

maxcriden

I don't think I'd call Another World Metroid-like.

Oh, okay. Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps I was reading a bit too much into the storytelling comparison blu made. Is there another (SNES?) game with similar platforming gameplay to this?

When Gargoyle's Quest II was announced for Virtual Console I realized I still hadn't finished the first game.

So now that's done, it took a few hours over a couple of nights.

Fun little game, not as hard as it is made out to be (there is one part in one of the final levels that is rage tho, drills, the drills).

I saw a good opportunity for a joke post on Miiverse, sadly, this was the best I could come up with.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYn3OpX6SQ

I'll probably play the sequel on my real NES though, since that's a thing now.

jholmes

Oh, okay. Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps I was reading a bit too much into the storytelling comparison blu made. Is there another (SNES?) game with similar platforming gameplay to this?

Flashback, as was mentioned. Prince of Persia is sort of similar. I personally hate those games, but some people adore them.

jholmes

How about Another World, do you hate that one as well? Just curious what I'm in for!

Oh, absolutely yes. I can't stand that game. There may well be changes for the better in the re-release, so I can only speak for my experience with Out of This World on SNES. The very first screen, the character sinks into water and it's really not clear what's going on, and you die if you don't swim up. The rest of the game is much of the same, where you see the same things again and again as you endlessly repeat tasks in the vain hope of getting it right. So much of the game is completely obtuse and unclear. But that said, it definitely has its fans. In a perverse way, I can see why people like it. But I absolutely, 100% do not.

As an aside, there's a pretty funny Game Center CX about Out of This World (and Flashback, too) if you want to see more of them. Obviously watching those would spoil the games for you, though.

BooJoh

2D Prince of Persia, Blackthorne, Flashback.

I refer to them as momentum-based puzzle platformers for lack of a better description. They tend to have very weighty movement. Another World/Out of This World in particular has some events where if you don't do the exact right thing to solve a particular puzzle you die and have to try again.

I'm confused. Haha.
The previous owner likely didn't have an NNID. If you don't tie an NNID to a 3DS, the purchases are tied to the hardware itself. Once you add an NNID any software purchases tied to that hardware are then tied to your NNID instead. At least that's how I understand it.

Shockhog

Neo Member
With all the E3 excitement winding down, I nearly forgot that Pushmo World is releasing this month and now I'm pretty excited! I got Crashmo a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it, so I'm eager to try out Pushmo's mechanics too.

Top Bottom