• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2014

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Four days till Pushmo World, no idea about this "Pullblox" business though...I guess you guys aren't getting the game.... :(

What are you talking about? That's how we like our Pushmo, us Europeans. Pullblox is much cooler, Pushmo is for kids. And should be here on Thursday! I just want to see it in the press release. :p

Qurupeke

So GAF... never played Earthbound. That or Golden Sun? I loved Golden Sun back in the day and been wanting to play it again. OR.. Mario & Luigi? Also loved that back in the day... So two games I loved that I've played before or a game I know next to nothing about... help me decide please!
I played Earthbound and I loved it. Now, I'm playing Golden Sun. It's good too, but not even close. Earthbound is my favourite RPG.

maxcriden

What are you talking about? That's how we like our Pushmo, us Europeans. Pullblox is much cooler, Pushmo is for kids. And should be here on Thursday! I just want to see it in the press release. :p

Sorry, I still have no idea what you mean. Us Nintendo fans are kids at heart so we get Pushmo. No idea what Pullblox is, though. Are you sure you're not just imagining its existence? It sounds like an "edgy" version NOE is releasing to cater to those European tastes. Maybe wishful thinking for you guys since you're not getting Pushmo :(

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Sorry, I still have no idea what you mean. Us Nintendo fans are kids at heart so we get Pushmo. No idea what Pullblox is, though. Are you sure you're not just imagining its existence? It sounds like an "edgy" version NOE is releasing to cater to those European tastes. Maybe wishful thinking for you guys since you're not getting Pushmo :(

At list we're not getting any girly red cases. :p
And why would you call it Pushmo, when most of the game is about pulling blocks? It's just to cater the US kiddies.

maxcriden

And why would you call it Pushmo, when most of the game is about pulling blocks? It's just to cater the US kiddies.

Oh, the red case is anything but girly. It's stylish! Like the green NSLU case, it has flair.

And, you call it Pushmo because...because we love irony in the US. We're all about irony, and it's ironic and clever that in a game about pulling blocks, the title is actually about pushing things. Yeah. That's the ticket.

Platy

You have to Pull the Bloxes because of the Push Monster brat who trapped the kids inside

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
And, you call it Pushmo because...because we love irony in the US. We're all about irony, and it's ironic and clever that in a game about pulling blocks, the title is actually about pushing things. Yeah. That's the ticket.

I'm looking forward for the Ignoring_cats on Wii U in November, only in NA.

Wouldn't it be amusing if push and pull had opposite meanings in US and British English?

Anyway, I hope they fix this about the DS emulator:
zlCfzSC7pfMiQ-hJQH

:(
Assuming this isn't people trolling on Miiverse this is how screenshots of left-handed mode are posted. For playing you can flip the screen on the gamepad with the right stick so the left part of the screen is the touch part instead of uncomfortable holding the gamepad upside-down

maxcriden

You have to Pull the Bloxes because of the Push Monster brat who trapped the kids inside

I haven't really played Pushmo at all. Is that really what it's about? (Really? No, surely you jest. It's Monday but I'm not going to be that gullible!)

I'm looking forward for the Ignoring_cats on Wii U in November, only in NA.

I'm partial to Corporal Frog: Treasure Placer myself.

Kodaman

Thanks to MK8 I added NSMBU (free game) and Wind Waker HD (digital promotion, 30% off) to my collection. This week Pushmo World and the next one, Shovel Knight.
Sogood.gif.

tolkir

Wouldn't it be amusing if push and pull had opposite meanings in US and British English?

zlCfzSC7pfMiQ-hJQH

Assuming this isn't people trolling on Miiverse this is how screenshots of left-handed mode are posted. For playing you can flip the screen on the gamepad with the right stick so the left part of the screen is the touch part instead of uncomfortable holding the gamepad upside-down

You can flip the screen pushing the right joystick. It's an emulator feature.

BooJoh

I think the issue is that people are saying that in left-hand mode it posts the screenshots upside down on Miiverse, but I'm not sure. Personally I'm surprised they even had the foresight to add the flip option.

vareon

GAF, I need help on my friend's 3DS. He bought the Mario Kart 3DS XL which is US region, but set his NNID region in Canada because he didn't know any better back then. Now, he bought a US prepaid card which don't work in his account.

What's the best way here? Does unlinking the NNID screw his Mario Kart or other games? He haven't bought any digital games but played Pokemon online. Basically he just wanted to add the funds and buy games from the US eShop.

Edit: I guess the easier question is, will preinstalled games disappear if you delete NNID?

zroid

Banned
GAF, I need help on my friend's 3DS. He bought the Mario Kart 3DS XL which is US region, but set his NNID region in Canada because he didn't know any better back then. Now, he bought a US prepaid card which don't work in his account.

What's the best way here? Does unlinking the NNID screw his Mario Kart or other games? He haven't bought any digital games but played Pokemon online. Basically he just wanted to add the funds and buy games from the US eShop.

Edit: I guess the easier question is, will preinstalled games disappear if you delete NNID?

Yep you are pretty much screwed on 3DS in this situation. You can't unlink the NNID, only delete, and then your games are gone. On Wii U you could make a 2nd NNID for the console which is for the other region.

Best option would be to sell the code.

m0t0k1

zlCfzSC7pfMiQ-hJQH

Nope it is real i am a lefty and even on the tv it is flipped so everybody watching was saying how the hell can you play with everything flipped:p

I did not know thanks. Will try the next time i play brain training.

vareon

Yep you are pretty much screwed on 3DS in this situation. You can't unlink the NNID, only delete, and then your games are gone. On Wii U you could make a 2nd NNID for the console which is for the other region.

Best option would be to sell the code.

NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOO

No option to change to US and keep Mario Kart? Man, my friend's not usually a Nintendo fan and he has to deal with stupid shit like this. It's things like this that makes people hesitate :/

Selling the code is fine, but that means he has to keep searching for Canadian eShop which is way harder.

zroid

Banned
NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOO

No option to change to US and keep Mario Kart? Man, my friend's not usually a Nintendo fan and he has to deal with stupid shit like this. It's things like this that makes people hesitate :/

Selling the code is fine, but that means he has to keep searching for Canadian eShop which is way harder.

Actually which region's eShop is Mario Kart tied to? US? I don't think it would delete Mario Kart if you delete the Canadian NNID in that case, but any games downloaded from the Canadian eShop would be toast. I'm not too sure about how this works though, no personal experience with the digital bundle games.

If you don't know which region Mario Kart is, then your friend could look through the Canadian download list and if it doesn't show up there, then it's probably a US eShop game.

Anyways, the Canadian eShop does accept international credit cards unlike the US shop, so if he has access to a credit card he should be okay.

The pre-installed games are now part of the NNID so if you delete the NNID they are permanently gone (as is the NNID itself). If you format the system you have to log back into that NNID to get the games associated with it back so they are temporarily gone (the NNID is still linked to that system so won't work on others, system transfer is the only way to move a NNID from one 3DS to another). Note: This is all laid out in the system settings and/or eShop operations guides (please read those I may have made mistakes in my understanding).

You could access the US eShop by formatting the system but I'm not sure what happens if you were to log back into the NNID once money is spent (as NNID eats all foreign wallets) and country set back to Canada. I see two possibilities; those "orphan" purchases merge with the NNID like they allegedly do when you system transfer or they vanish into a void.
Remember that formatting means losing streetpasses & progress there, saves, friend code etc (from formatting) so I advise against doing this.

This messy situation is why I've avoided using NNID on my 3DS (doesn't help PAL systems are more fragmented with content so open borders are handy) since it is not manditory and hate how Nintendo keep spamming me about Steel Diver sub wars and Miiverse via spotpass about once a week.

tl;dr. Sell the US$ credit (as a return is unlikely at this point).

I don't know if anyone has ever succeeded in getting an NNID country swapped via support.

Edit:
Actually which region's eShop is Mario Kart tied to? US? I don't think it would delete Mario Kart if you delete the Canadian NNID in that case, but any games downloaded from the Canadian eShop would be toast. I'm not too sure about how this works though, no personal experience with the digital bundle games.

If you don't know which region Mario Kart is, then your friend could look through the Canadian download list and if it doesn't show up there, then it's probably a US eShop game.

Anyways, the Canadian eShop does accept international credit cards unlike the US shop, so if he has access to a credit card he should be okay.
Mario Kart is a game. Games are not tied to any country. If you are in a country where that game exists on the eShop you can download it. If not, you can't. For instance I have to connect to the Australian eShop to get Snapdots (only PAL country with the title available) or Germany for the German Link's Awakening DX but Mario & Luigi Dream Teams bros I can get from any eShop.

How the eShop works without an NNID (i.e. "orphan", maybe "ronin" would be better term) is each country has its own wallet but account history is shared between all.

When you make an NNID the account history fuses into that (it is "adopted"; you can see Wii U purchases, balance is added to Wii U one). However, NNID has a country associated with it and after creation you are locked from going into any other country. You also lose any remaining balance in the wallets of those. The upside is you can post in Miiverse, get free apps you could before NNID like demos and Youtube and enjoy f2p stuff...(carrot stick and all that).

The problem comes in that you can only have one NNID active on a 3DS at once rather the several you can have on a Wii U.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wait, so can you just get like 3 accounts on a Wii U and buy stuff from different regions, or is there some region locking still?

zroid

Banned
Mario Kart is a game. Games are not tied to any country. If you are in a country where that game exists on the eShop you can download it. If not, you can't. For instance I have to connect to the Australian eShop to get Snapdots (only PAL country with the title available) or Germany for the German Link's Awakening DX but Mario & Luigi Dream Teams bros I can get from any eShop.

How the eShop works without an NNID (i.e. "orphan", maybe "ronin" would be better term) is each country has its own wallet but account history is shared between all.

oohh interesting. i always thought whichever shop you download a game from is the only place that recognizes it.

Javier

So... I've been playing Pac-Land NES these past few days and... this game does not suck. It's vastly inferior to the Arcade original and the TG-16 port for sure, but once you get the hang of the controls (which are very unintuitive for the genre), it's actually rather addictive to play. Being an Arcade port, it definitely has that "one more playthrough" feel to it, and the difficulty curve is pretty good. The game gets progressively harder without ridiculous jumps in difficulty.

I honestly recommend it, at least, if you want to try out something more unconventional as far as 2D platformers go.

Judging from Nintendo UK site, it looks like EU is getting:
Pullblox World
How to train your dragon 2
Monkey Pirates
Super C on VC

im only 50 pts away from Plat. Might nee to buy Zombie-U or some cheap game to get my pts.

bought Zumba+Dragon 2 but have retail version so no pts!!!1

zroid

Banned
im only 50 pts away from Plat. Might nee to buy Zombie-U or some cheap game to get my pts.

bought Zumba+Dragon 2 but have retail version so no pts!!!1

Have you gotten all the free stuff which give points already? I think you might be able to get 50 from those alone.

Weng

Judging from Nintendo UK site, it looks like EU is getting:
Pullblox World
How to train your dragon 2
Monkey Pirates
Super C on VC
On the eShop 4 titles are listed for release on the 19th:
  • Color Zen Kids
  • Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition
  • Monkey Pirates
  • Pullblox World

Experien

How to Survive devs are hoping the US Wii U edition releases this week. Think the price point is $10 or $15 for this title?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
On the eShop 4 titles are listed for release on the 19th:
  • Color Zen Kids
    [*]Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition
  • Monkey Pirates
  • Pullblox World
Wait!.. Could this be the Another World?..

OMG. It IS!

maxcriden

Wait!.. Could this be the Another World?..

OMG. It IS!

I never played this game, but I've read some about it. It seems like it's hard to get a feel for what the gameplay is like just from reading about it, though. It sure looks neat. Have you played it, blu?

tebunker

Banned
How to Survive devs are hoping the US Wii U edition releases this week. Think the price point is $10 or $15 for this title?

You can actually see it up in the eshop in the upcoming game section, I also posted it a page back, but it is 14.99, Another World is 7.99, Geom is .99 and Zen Art kids is 3.99.

I have noticed that NOA is updating the coming soon sections of the eshop the sunday before release so you can wishlist a game and see the size and price.

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Pullblox World €9.99 / £8.99
* You can get Pullblox World for €6.99 / £6.29, 30% off its regular price, between 19/06/14 and 31/07/14 , if you've previously downloaded Pullblox or Fallblox on Nintendo 3DS and linked it to the same Nintendo Network ID that you have registered on Wii U.
Monkey Pirates €4.99 / £4.49
Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition €7.99 / £7.19
How to Train Your Dragon 2 €39.99 / £29.99
Color Zen Kids €2.99 / £2.99

Wii U Virtual Console
Super C €4.99 / £3.49 (NES) -
This is the US version of the game.

3DS
Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition €7.99 / £7.19
How to Train Your Dragon 2 €29.99 / £24.99
Color Zen Kids €2.99 / £2.99
BearShark €1.99 / £1.79

3DS DLC
Mario Golf™ World Tour: Star Pack €5.99 / £5.39
Mario Golf™ World Tour: Free-Trial Course Pack

====
Price Reductions

Wii U
Toki Tori 2 + €2.99 / £2.50 / CHF3.99 until 03/07/14 22:59 UTC.

3DS
Aqua Moto Racing 3D €5.99 / £5.39 / CHF8.39 until 17/07/14 23:59 local time.
Fractured Soul €3.99 / £3.59 / CHF5.60 until 03/07/14 23:59 local time.

Jucksalbe

Banned
It's a surprisingly packed week. Super C and maybe Pullblox for me.

Edit: Kinda sad, that I can't get the Pullblox discount, though.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely grabbing Pullblox. 30 % discount too, that's awesome. Hopefully there'll be a live blox-making online community with this one.

Top Bottom