• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2014

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hope eventually Nintendo gives extra stuff for getting multiple platinums, I have gotten every year since club Nintendo came to NA
I was hoping there'd be one last year for getting 5 Platinums in a row since the program started, but alas, nothing. Would have made for a great anniversary reward.

As long as Lufia II is released, all is good. That's by far the best game in the series. They will most likely release the PAL version in Europe, but I wouldn't really mind for that game since it fixed a bunch of glitches from the NTSC version.
And it has a Dutch translation which is awesome.

Tenrius

Did anyone get this thing from EU Club Nintendo:

5216-537a0ffc2f5bc.png

I'm assuming it's just a stack of sticky notes, right?

If I buy a full game download code from Game i.e. SM3DW rather than directly on the eShop, do I still get Nintendo Network Premium credit for that purchase?

Sorry if this is a noob question but I've been pretty much out of the Nintendo loop for awhile and it's £10 cheaper via Game! :)

CraigMcD

If I buy a full game download code from Game i.e. SM3DW rather than directly on the eShop, do I still get Nintendo Network Premium credit for that purchase?

Sorry if this is a noob question but I've been pretty much out of the Nintendo loop for awhile and it's £10 cheaper via Game! :)

Yes.

JohnWest

soo mario kart and the free game have given me another 10 euros which brings my total of eshop credit to 15 euros.. any ideas on what to get? i'm tempted to get child of light which is 14,99 or tekken for the same price... or maybe i should rather go for the smaller games route and buy minish cap + xzy?

yes. =) it's what i've been doing for awhile now, combines better retail prices with benefits of digital..

Man God

Non-Canon Member
soo mario kart and the free game have given me another 10 euros which brings my total of eshop credit to 15 euros.. any ideas on what to get? i'm tempted to get child of light which is 14,99 or tekken for the same price... or maybe i should rather go for the smaller games route and buy minish cap + xzy?

yes. =) it's what i've been doing for awhile now, combines better retail prices with benefits of digital..

Tekken is a great deal for that price. I wish it was that cheap digitally in the US.

If you like puzzle games at all, I strongly recommend Toki Tori 2+. A lot of content (20 hours easily, 30 hours if you do everything) and very, very well done game. Basically an open world 2d puzzle adventure game. My GOTY 2013 (it is really good). For some it's slightly too slow paced though so if you hate slow paced games, you might wanna stay away from it.

BooJoh

Pullblox World is out this week if you like that series or puzzle games in general.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Turned on my Wii U yesterday for the first time in a while...I have $30 stored up on the shop for some reason. How are the LEGO games?

donny2112

How are the LEGO games?

Love LEGO: The Lord of the Rings. Haven't played LEGO: The Hobbit, but it hasn't been reviewing near as well, and there's DLC coming for it for the third movie. General rule of thumb with LEGO games should hold, though. If you dig the source material, you'll probably dig the LEGO game, too. :)

maxcriden

Turned on my Wii U yesterday for the first time in a while...I have $30 stored up on the shop for some reason. How are the LEGO games?

I'll recommend Lego City Undercover if you haven't played it, based on my own experience with the opening hours of the game as well as other recommendations I've read on GAF. I haven't played the other Lego games so I'll defer to Donny's expertise on those! LCU is a lot of fun, though, and bursting with creativity and content. I'm not big on open world games these days, but I've been very happy with what I've played of that game.

LEGO City Undercover is the best LEGO game I've played by far. Funny, well-written story/characters with a ton of postgame content in a large open city that's a joy to mess around in. It really adds a lot to the traditional format the games take. (Be sure to check out the OT if you pick it up—the writer popped in a few months ago and had some great insight to share.)

LEGO Marvel is fun if you enjoy the Marvel universe and the superheroes populated within it. It sticks a little more closely to the traditional LEGO game formula, has a much smaller world, and less postgame content. Still a silly, amusing game to play through if you're into the source material.

BooJoh

LEGO City Undercover is fantastic, but since you're talking digital I should warn you that it's like 20GB+ so I hope you have an external HDD if you're going that route.

L~A

Could the reverse happen in, say, using an Inazuma Eleven code from Europe in the UK?

Yup, though there's a few exception like gamex with only one language in the eShop version (like Layton 5 and 6), where this version will only be available on one eShop (code won't work for the other versions, because each one is apparently considered a separate game by Nintendo's systems). But those exceptions are quite rare, so there shouldn't be any problem at all.

Could the reverse happen in, say, using an Inazuma Eleven code from Europe in the UK?
Inazuma Eleven is one of those exceptions L~A mentioned. Like Layton in that each language is a separate game. I'm guessing you are planning on using a German Inazuma Eleven on the UK eShop. Won't work as there is no German version (or English version for that matter) of Inazuma Eleven on the UK eShop to redeem (the game needs to out on the eShop you are redeeming the code for).

Just change eShop country via system settings. If you have NNID linked on the 3DS you can't do that. In that case complain to level 5 (for not releasing the game for stupid reasons) and Nintendo (for the one eShop for one NNID you can't switch out of policy) about it.

Phatmac

Is Inzuma any good? Think I'm interested at that price. Is RE:Revelations a good way to play that game? Think I'll get it on ps3 but the current price is tempting.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I thought about LCU, but I thought the load times were atrocious? Unless they've been updated/fixed? LEGO Marvel looks interesting and has a lot to find and unlock, which is really enticing to me.

The other option is to pick up a few VC titles...

JoeM86

I thought about LCU, but I thought the load times were atrocious? Unless they've been updated/fixed? LEGO Marvel looks interesting and has a lot to find and unlock, which is really enticing to me.

The other option is to pick up a few VC titles...

Load times are exaggerated somewhat. While yes, the main ones are like ~20 seconds, they're not that common.

So GAF... never played Earthbound. That or Golden Sun? I loved Golden Sun back in the day and been wanting to play it again. OR.. Mario & Luigi? Also loved that back in the day... So two games I loved that I've played before or a game I know next to nothing about... help me decide please!

Robin64

So GAF... never played Earthbound. That or Golden Sun? I loved Golden Sun back in the day and been wanting to play it again. OR.. Mario & Luigi? Also loved that back in the day... So two games I loved that I've played before or a game I know next to nothing about... help me decide please!

Earthbound! Not just because it's the one you haven't played but also because it's the best of those three choices.

Earthbound! Not just because it's the one you haven't played but also because it's the best of those three choices.

ok I'm listening to you because you have a Samus avatar and are thus a man of good taste. And because you replied so promptly and I needed a quick answer. This better be good. I keep hearing that it's an amazing game but the screenshots and video on the eShop didn't really sell me on it. So yeah, this better be good.. or else.. hehe

maxcriden

ok I'm listening to you because you have a Samus avatar and are thus a man of good taste. And because you replied so promptly and I needed a quick answer. This better be good. I keep hearing that it's an amazing game but the screenshots and video on the eShop didn't really sell me on it. So yeah, this better be good.. or else.. hehe

Not only is Robin a man of exquisite taste, but you also get a free digital replica of the original official Nintendo guide to the game with your purchase of Earthbound on the eShop. So it's quite a bargain. Plus, Robin's sage advice was free!

Not only is Robin a man of exquisite taste, but you also get a free digital replica of the original official Nintendo guide to the game with your purchase of Earthbound on the eShop. So it's quite a bargain. Plus, Robin's sage advice was free!

Neat. Will look out for it. I better not get an invoice, Robin...

zigg

LEGO City Undercover is the best LEGO game I've played by far. Funny, well-written story/characters with a ton of postgame content in a large open city that's a joy to mess around in. It really adds a lot to the traditional format the games take. (Be sure to check out the OT if you pick it up—the writer popped in a few months ago and had some great insight to share.)
Seconded on all of the above, plus I'd add that it's the most competent of the LEGO titles I've ever played by a good share. The other titles are all broken in some fashion… some more than others. LCU's only real issues are that it's single-player only (but still entertaining to watch) and of course the famed rare, but obscenely long loads.

LEGO Marvel is fun if you enjoy the Marvel universe and the superheroes populated within it. It sticks a little more closely to the traditional LEGO game formula, has a much smaller world, and less postgame content. Still a silly, amusing game to play through if you're into the source material.
Marvel's pretty entertaining even if you're not. I've only a passing familiarity with most of it and still enjoy it.

Top Bottom