• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2013

Javier

Holy shit, Harmoknight is considerably more difficult than the trailers make it look, and the demo only has the tutorials and three stages.

Why put a demo out a different week if they're releasing the same day in America and Europe!? Oh well, shouldn't complain. What I'd like is a European price.

Heropon

Nice to see the date, but why did they have to release it together with Luigi's Mansion when they had several empty months?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
No blu, sorry; I was just thanking the poster for saying that it was up since I had just been asking about it.
Np. I'm a big fan of the game, so the idea that a fellow gaffer might be on the production team got me.

Chopper

Same day as the US? Or actually a bit before due to the time difference! Unprecedented! Why the hell wouldn't they tell us sooner?!

Usually $=€ so expect €15

I'm sorry, I come from Poundland. £. So... £15.

Same day as the US? Or actually a bit before due to the time difference! Unprecedented! Why the hell wouldn't they tell us soomer?!

Nintendo have a paralyzing, crippling fear of giving exact release dates. You know how many interns they had to sacrifice to Iwata-san so we could know Animal Crossing comes June 15th!?

I'm sorry, I come from Poundland. £. So... £15.

but...
LBG8l4Y.jpg

Velcro Fly

NO!! I hate hearing this...

Were you able to play the other 2 NES megaman games on the 3DS, or is it just the sliding mechanic that is hard to do on the 3DS dpad?

I replayed MM1 and MM2 on 3DS and was looking forward to replaying MM3.

Didn't play MM1 but MM2 I had no real problems.

For me the sliding was inconsistent. I'm used to being able to do certain things in game that the 3DS dpad makes more difficult for me. Dodging Needle Cannon during the Needle Man fight is one example. Precision sliding is a lot tougher on the 3DS than it is for the anniversary collection on the PS2 or even the original NES game. I did manage to get through the game just fine after I posted that though. There are only a few rough parts that I noticed that not being as precise on sliding is a killer.

- Needle Man's boss fight
- Needle Man's stage where you have to slide underneath the needles that drop down. Both the normal stage and the Doc stage have them I believe
- There was a part in Snake Man's stage where you have flying enemies that drop things down on you that I really struggled with and took a ton of damage from just jumping in place instead of sliding to get through

I was able to slide to avoid the tops that Top Man throws out. Was not able to really slide to avoid the second Hard Knuckle but that is more of a reaction time thing than inconsistent controls. I also normally slide under some of the Yellow Devil blocks but just jumped this time because I didn't feel like risking hits. Also used Rush Marine during that one aquatic sequence in Gemini Man's stage because I was worried about the slide consistency killing me.

Think today I'm going to abuse save states to practice this stuff just to get back in some good habits. I do think part of it is rust and part of it is lazy habits that I've developed playing the anniversary collection so much.

I'd say overall if you do love the series to give it a shot. It isn't as bad as I made it out to be.

joedick

I've transferred my digital Wii games over to the Wii U, but I'd like to buy a WiiWare game on the Wii so I can get the Club Nintendo coins, then transfer again.

Is the Wii still linked to my CN account, or do I have to enter any info?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've transferred my digital Wii games over to the Wii U, but I'd like to buy a WiiWare game on the Wii so I can get the Club Nintendo coins, then transfer again.

Is the Wii still linked to my CN account, or do I have to enter any info?

still linked. I do this dance every month or so just for the coins. That pikmin transfer screen is awesome though.

If you're paranoid though check the Wii Shop's account info screen.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Bought a cheap hard drive for the Wii U, and having some problems. I was able to download and install the Chasing Aurora demo just fine, I transferred Might Switch Force HD over to the HDD(as a test) just fine, but I've tried to install the Monster Hunter demo twice now, and both times it gets to about 30% progress, and stops.

The Wii U isn't locked up, the blue circle is continuing to spin, but the progress bar refuses to move, and the estimated time remaining just continues to climb up about 2 minutes, every minute. I'm going to try and download it directly into the Wii U memory later and see what happens, but anyone have this problem?

GulAtiCa

Might help if you tell us the name of the HDD. There is a thread for HDD support on NeoGAF. I forget where it is though

Ok you guys, here's the deal.

Click this link.

Yacht Club Games are ex-WayForward guys.

Shovel Knight is their first game and it's on Kickstarter.

um9cWOn.gif

Jake "Virt" Kaufman is working on the soundtrack. He did the music for Contra 4, Shantae, Mighty Switch Force and Double Dragon Neon.

It's currently PC only but they have stated plans to release it on 3DS and Wii U next.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Might help if you tell us the name of the HDD. There is a thread for HDD support on NeoGAF. I forget where it is though

I'm not sure of the specifics, buts it's a western digital. Just purchased and installed Little Inferno no problem. I'll look for the GAF thread.

serplux

Ok you guys, here's the deal.

Yacht Club Games are ex-WayForward guys.

Jake "Virt" Kaufman is working on the soundtrack. He did the music for Contra 4, Shantae, Mighty Switch Force and Double Dragon Neon.

It's currently PC only but they have stated plans to release it on 3DS and Wii U next.

It's actually been confirmed that it's going to be on both Nintendo systems, officially. By that Nintendo site that you Go to.

Shovel Knight is RIIIGHT up my alley.

3DS or Wii U though, that will be tough decision.

E: Oh, not confirmed. S'all good, I can be patient.

L Thammy

It irritates me to no end that Wii space is limited on the Wii U. I have 16 GB free, but I can't download Last Blade 2 or King of Fighters '98 because I don't have any space.

Just what the Wii U needs, shovelware!

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

It irritates me to no end that Wii space is limited on the Wii U. I have 16 GB free, but I can't download Last Blade 2 or King of Fighters '98 because I don't have any space.
SD Card Menu, my friend.

But yeah, I'm glad that Wii and DSi digital content was transferable (LOL PS4), but it's done in such a sloppy, crappy way.

serplux

SD Card Menu, my friend.

But yeah, I'm glad that Wii and DSi digital content was transferable (LOL PS4), but it's done in such a sloppy, crappy way.

I don't personally find anything wrong with DSi content on the 3DS (XL), but am annoyed that I have to go to a separate mode just to play Wii games.

Cosmic Highway, an exclusive Wii U game, needs a little help.

Oops. Well, I personally consider it enough of a lock to not worry about it, but what can you do.

Yeah, we know that you have your own special way with words :) I'll hold you personally responsible if the simultaneous release for GBA games or the unified account system doesn't happen.

serplux

Yeah, we know that you have your own special way with words :) I'll hold you personally responsible if the simultaneous release for GBA games or the unified account system doesn't happen.

:D I recall saying that I only hoped that the GBA would be a dual-system worldwide launch, but yeah, take full assault on me for anything else.

How many DSiWare games do you have?

Eleven. I know the inability to run games off an SD card is a pain, but I haven't run into that yet.

Edit: Is it me, or is there a new "Popular Videos" slot on the bottom row of the American eShop?

Bought a cheap hard drive for the Wii U, and having some problems. I was able to download and install the Chasing Aurora demo just fine, I transferred Might Switch Force HD over to the HDD(as a test) just fine, but I've tried to install the Monster Hunter demo twice now, and both times it gets to about 30% progress, and stops.

The Wii U isn't locked up, the blue circle is continuing to spin, but the progress bar refuses to move, and the estimated time remaining just continues to climb up about 2 minutes, every minute. I'm going to try and download it directly into the Wii U memory later and see what happens, but anyone have this problem?

Is it a self powered hdd or y cable?

They actually did.

q8RvAUc.png

unless I misunderstood you. In that case, I apologize.

I see that they have, however they had originally posted much the same as Nintendolife. I can only assume that they have now received confirmation as the post reads "Well that didn't take long! Last night we weren't sure Shovel Knight was coming our way, but we had a good reason to think they'd make their way over. Today we have confirmation that the title is heading to 3DS and Wii U."

I see that they have, however they had originally posted much the same as Nintendolife. I can only assume that they have now received confirmation as the post reads "Well that didn't take long! Last night we weren't sure Shovel Knight was coming our way, but we had a good reason to think they'd make their way over. Today we have confirmation that the title is heading to 3DS and Wii U."

Maybe, they were still linking to Nintendolife as their source. I'd be happy to play Shovel Knight on my 3DS :)

Y Cable. Only had an issue with the MH demo so far.

I had errors downloading the demo too, I believe. Pretty sure it was my crappy connection though. It would stop and there'd be a big red X and an error message.

Instead of deleting and starting again, I think I just exited Download Management and went back in and it eventually resumed. Had to do that a couple times.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I had errors downloading the demo too, I believe. Pretty sure it was my crappy connection though. It would stop and there'd be a big red X and an error message.

Instead of deleting and starting again, I think I just exited Download Management and went back in and it eventually resumed. Had to do that a couple times.

No problems with the actual download. It only stalled during installation.

The first time I set it to turn off when it was finished, and left it for a couple hours. The second time I downloaded it, then manually went to install and it stalled in the same place. I'm going to try and download it to the flash memory soon, damn bandwidth caps though.

Edit: Little Inferno is a treat, I was already aware of what the game was, but it's great to actually experience the story and dialogue yourself. It's a must buy at $5 imo.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
What kind of game is HarmoKnight anyway and why should I be excited? Demo's not out here, damn.
Is it published by Nintendo but who are the devs?

Top Bottom