• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2013

Boney

Banned
Harmoknight demo should have been here last week, else that is an absolutely pathetic week. Get off your asses Nintendo of Europe.

Good god I can't wait until the end of March. Last 3DS game I bought and genuinely enjoyed was either Denpa Men or Crashmo. In retail side... probably Kid Icarus. Jesus.

That means you didn't get Style Savvy

shame on you!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Punch-Out!! (Nintendo) - €0.30/£0.30

This release is based on the US-NTSC version of the game running at 60Hz.

We won guys :'-)
Cool thing is that every shitty pal port I've bought on Wii will get 60Hz'd and with offscreen plat for a couple euros, right?
Now to painfully wait again and again for VC titles to release, hopefully Nintendo see its value with all the droughts that will hamper the Wii U, although looking at how they acted with 3DS I'm not that hopeful...

JavyOO7

Just like Europe Miiverse yelled loud enough for 60 Hz games, I hope NA and Europe scream even louder in unison when Earthbound comes to Japan in the next promotion period. Maybe it would finally convince Iwata and Co., to release the game in all regions?

zroid

Banned
Just like Europe Miiverse yelled loud enough for 60 Hz games, I hope NA and Europe scream even louder in unison when Earthbound comes to Japan in the next promotion period. Maybe it would finally convince Iwata and Co., to release the game in all regions?

I'll be spamming the hell out of that Earthbound community, don't you worry

Have other day 1 digital releases appeared at midnight like Lego City or was that just a special case? Would love to play Most Wanted late tonight if possible.

BooJoh

Monster Hunter isn't up in either eShop yet. Do only first party games get the midnight release treatment? If so that's really disappointing.

DarkWish

Monster Hunter isn't up in either eShop yet. Do only first party games get the midnight release treatment? If so that's really disappointing.
I've only downloaded first party titles at midnight and those have all been... but since both Monster Hunter and Need for Speed aren't there, I guess it's safe to say third parties don't get the same treatment. No Miiverse communities for them yet either, so they're not coming up right now unfortunately.

donny2112

Japan is getting Castlevania II: Simon's Quest

I don't think I like Castlevania II, but it's been so long since I've played it (since before SNES release, I think), that's tempting, for when it comes to the U.S. Probably just have to read some impressions of the ridiculous traipsing around and aimless wandering to be reminded of why that wouldn't be a good idea, though. :lol

Is the 3D Classics: Kid Icarus any good?

I've never played the original Kid Icarus before and I've got some Club Nintendo Coins to spend.

popyea

Shovel Knight Kickstarter has added console codes. If you pay 15$ or above you get 1 code for PC, Wii U or 3DS.

Sweet! That was my only reservation about contributing; that I'd have to pay for the game twice because I wanted it on Wii U more than anything.

NateDrake

If anyone is curious the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity download will require 6743 blocks. Almost identical to Luigi's Mansion in file size.

Probably old, but SEGA is releasing Super Hang-On next week! 600 yen.

tqCc1QR.png

QJhqh2U.png

Oo5dqfc.png

@MUWANdo

Banned
Is the 3D Classics: Kid Icarus any good?

I've never played the original Kid Icarus before and I've got some Club Nintendo Coins to spend.

Kid Icarus is a strange, clunky game with lots of weird inscrutable quasi-RPG elements but it's not without its charm. The 3D Classics version removes all the slowdown and fixes the controls somewhat, so if you ever intend to play it then I guess that's the version to get.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
If Nintendo wants some serious coin, they ought to enable the eShop gifting feature like on Wii, and release EarthBound. I will pay full price for every single person on my friends list to own it. No lie.

JavyOO7

If Nintendo wants some serious coin, they ought to enable the eShop gifting feature like on Wii, and release EarthBound. I will pay full price for every single person on my friends list to own it. No lie.

I won't go that far, but if they do release gifting feature and bring Earthbound to the states, I'll buy 3 copies for people in this thread.

enishi

Mother 2 is already up in WiiU Japan eShop

42MB in size

Edit: Also NFS Most Wanted U, a surprised midnight launch in Japan

vdlow

Luigi's Mansion 2 is also available on the Japanese eShop, according to Cheesemiester (from GAF, but the info comes from his twitter).

Backwards lame.

yeah i know what you mean, nintendo should've just put the rom on its own with no emulator to download that would've been less lame and seeing as there would be no technical way to actually play it on the wii u there'd be no need to include the manual so it'd be completely not lame

apotema

I'm having trouble with the eshop, I can't enter, it says "try again later", does anybody have the same problem?

Drago

Whenever the next WiiU Nintendo Direct with Virtual Console info comes... if there if no mention of Earthbound for the west, then I will officially give up any hope for a rerelease outside Japan.

I wish I still had my fucking cartridge.

Guys, please voice your concerns on Miiverse. God knows we might get some sort of response after about 20 years of ignorance as to why Europe has never received a title to date.

images

Stuff like that just irritates me when I have no idea what it's referencing.

Top Bottom