• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2015

SerTapTap

I bought Switch Force 2 for Wii U just to have both games on one platform--is it just me or is the audio mix weird? The sound effects sound a bit too noisy, but maybe it's just because I like the music way more than the SFX. I wish all games had a bare minimum of voice/sfx/music volume sliders.

Been a long time since I played on 3DS so maybe I'm just misremembering and it was always like that

What platform should I get Shantae on? Assume I love playing games on both.

I got for Wii U but I have a clear preference for that. The HD character art is great, though the HD UI elements feel pointless. In the end it doesn't really matter.

I got Switch Force for Wii U, and then 2 for 3DS. Then I saw that the Club Nintendo registration survey was 5 points. So I bought the original for 3DS as well. I will not be finishing Club Nintendo with a loose 5 coins hanging on there. I am not a barbarian.

I only want Puzzles and Dragons for the Mario version, heh. The Z part might as well not exist as far as I'm concerned.

For real. It's why I wish they were separate for like $20 each. Not the end of the world since you really get two games for $40, but I might wait on a sale for it .

tolkir

IMPOSSIBRU!

sometimes you're terriblisus!

get-out-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-192.gif

Shizuka

maxcriden

I thought it was confirmed to be a budget release ($30).

Do you have a link? I was hoping for $30 but was told in this or another thread that it would be $40, and if Amazon is advertising this as $10 off MSRP I can't imagine they can do so if it's not actually a discount because it wouldn't b a sale then. But if you have a link I'm really eager too see it as I'll gladly cancel my preorder and get this digitally. 😄

(And my pleasure Camjo!)

Holy crap, Puzzle and Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition is $30 or so on Amazon. 25% off pre-order. Pretty damn good! Went ahead and grabbed mine--suggest someone make a thread.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S7O6R4Y/?tag=neogaf0e-20

(via GoNintendo)

That is pretty good. I really want this game at launch, but I don't like playing the new Canadian prices, so even $10 off to bring it down to $35 in Canada would be great for me.

Off-topic, but I thought you got your full membership status back. What happened? If you don't mind me asking.

Oh, it's the list.

I thought it was confirmed to be a budget release ($30).

I don't recall it being stated as a budget release. With two games in one package, $40 seems pretty much guaranteed. It would be nice to be proven otherwise, though.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Really digging Mighty Switch Force 2

Yeah, the difficulty ramps up much quicker it feels like over the first game, and they've done some interesting things with the fire hose. I've put 1:21 into the game so far, with 5 more levels I think, but I haven't gotten any par times yet.

Ladekabel

Played a little bit of Mighty Switch Force. Really like it. The 3D is amazing. Makes me wish I had bought Shovel Knight on 3DS.

Did someone ever have a problem with Nintendo charging your credit card twice for eShop purchases? I bought Mighty Switch Force 1 and 2 and Nintendo charged me twice for both (so 2x 1,25€ and 2x 1,49€)

I'll call them, just curious if that ever happened to anyone.

EDIT: Support couldn't help me but took my info and said they'll investigate. I guess I won't use my CC on the eShop for now and buy prepaid cards instead.

Dee Dee

Did someone ever have a problem with Nintendo charging your credit card twice for eShop purchases?

Never happened to me, and I pretty much exclusively pay with credit card or DDP codes (RIP). Hope Nintendo gets this sorted for you, at least it only happened with one of the cheapest titles possible.

I am looking at OlliOlli because of the 50cents off and the cross buy. I know NOTHING about the game, but these two points alone make me interested. Publishers, take note. I also hear really good things about The Fall, can someone confirm it is out in Germany too? Still waiting for Master Reboot...

On the "what are you playing" side of things, I stopped wasting my time on the horrible Conception II, and started up SMT IV. This game is supposed to be grindy, right? And I am supposed to save-scam boss battles to get lucky, right??? Also, Demony should be fused based on who I think looks cool, right!?!?
(I might be playing this wrong...)
Ultimately, I love the soundtrack and atmosphere in this game! So wonderful! And it is a bit easier than Devil Survivor, so I have high hopes I might finish this one (.... I won't.).
One thing though: Demon Negotiation needs to die in a fire. Is this luck based, or am I just doing it wrong again? These stingy, greedy asshole demons need to learn some manners! Stop taking my Macca!

zroid

Banned
Yeah, the difficulty ramps up much quicker it feels like over the first game, and they've done some interesting things with the fire hose. I've put 1:21 into the game so far, with 5 more levels I think, but I haven't gotten any par times yet.

Have only played a few levels so far, but yeah, it's pretty solid. Haven't played the first one in awhile, so forgot how nice the 3D effect is.

I should've bought it sooner. Actually iirc I was planning to get it on day 1, then I noticed they jacked up the price here to $7 so I got turned off. Feels great to have more MSF to play.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I should've bought it sooner. Actually iirc I was planning to get it on day 1, then I noticed they jacked up the price here to $7 so I got turned off. Feels great to have more MSF to play.

I honestly think I forgot it even existed lol. It wasn't even in my wishlist and I loved the first one. Might have just been busy with other stuff at the time, who knows.

maxcriden

Man, Majora's Mask is just utterly consuming my every free individual gaming moment. It's easy to get obsessed with wanting to explore more of the game as little layers of the world are peeled back further with every new three day cycle. I just played for like twenty minutes and the time completely flew by me. I dunno. I just love the game. I haven't played it since it came out and I used a guide a ton when it did, so this feels like a new and pretty fresh experience. Man, what a game. 😃

Anyway, what Nintendo games are you guys playing this weekend?

Ladekabel

Sadly no Nintendo game. But a game that was once on the Wii. Playing Okami HD and damn it's beatiful. And throwing in some Trails in the Sky every now and then.
Both games make me wish I could use OffTV-Play on more consoles.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I honestly think I forgot it even existed lol. It wasn't even in my wishlist and I loved the first one. Might have just been busy with other stuff at the time, who knows.

I do feel a bit guilty considering how much I enjoyed the first game, but I went ahead and bought the first for a second time to have on the go.

terrisus

Well, the past 2 days, and this weekend as well, are being spent moving into a new apartment.
Which is very exciting! But also very, very, very exhausting.

And, even more exciting - for the first time since I got married 7 years ago, I actually get a room of my own (that is, a room that isn't split-use with my wife, where I have to accomodate her wishes for it as well, but can just do whatever I want with it).

And that means for the first time in 4 years, I am finally going to be able to set out most of my video games again (for the past few years, have just had the WiiU hooked up for Gamepad play, and then just playing handhelds or my laptop for anything else)

Very, very excited about this =)

TheMoon

Publishers, take note. I also hear really good things about The Fall, can someone confirm it is out in Germany too? Still waiting for Master Reboot...

Yes, I bought it!

I don't think they'll ever bother bringing Master Reboot ...I just hope we get Soul Axiom, the follow-up.

jholmes

Holy crap, Puzzle and Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition is $30 or so on Amazon. 25% off pre-order. Pretty damn good! Went ahead and grabbed mine--suggest someone make a thread.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S7O6R4Y/?tag=neogaf0e-20

(via GoNintendo)

Still listed as $45 on Amazon.ca and not up anywhere else in Canada. If it is budget priced I may bite.

F-Zero GP Legend! Beat the Platinum Cup on expert last night. What a pain that was.

daydream

Banned
Yes, I bought it!

I don't think they'll ever bother bringing Master Reboot ...I just hope we get Soul Axiom, the follow-up.

Bought it, as well. Was seriously worried that we would stupidly miss out again.

Oh, also I posted about it in the dedicated thread but might as well share with my Nintendownloads brehs - I got a N3DS XL!
I'm so goddamn weak..

Man, Majora's Mask is just utterly consuming my every free individual gaming moment. It's easy to get obsessed with wanting to explore more of the game as little layers of the world are peeled back further with every new three day cycle. I just played for like twenty minutes and the time completely flew by me. I dunno. I just love the game. I haven't played it since it came out and I used a guide a ton when it did, so this feels like a new and pretty fresh experience. Man, what a game. 😃

I'm about to start Majora's Mask , which probably isn't a good idea with the way I play games lately. I been playing Mk8 a lot lately since one of my buds just bought the DLC tracks. I'm also still playing a few rounds of smash here and there. I really want to play Codename STEAM but that won't be til late next week.

Chopper

This week I've bought Outrun, Space Harrier, Shantae, MSF2 and Metroid Zero Mission, yet none of them have appeared in my products page at Club Nintendo for stars. Lame.

TheMoon

My god, Costume Quest 2 on Wii U is such a mess. At least they patched the sound bug. But I just had to force-quit out of the game because I was playing with the Pro Controller, did some stuff on the PC and when I wanted to go back to the game the controller naturally turned off which is normal but when I turned it back on, the "communication was lost" pop-up window stayed on screen and I couldn't play anymore. Even desynching didn't help. This version of the game is just an all around bummer and Midnight City/Majesco's bankruptcy issues mean that it will never be fixed. To think they were already working on an Off-TV Patch that will never come out ... (why wasn't this in the game from the get-go ...especially after what happened with The Cave...). Huge disappointment all around. The framerate is also extremely annoying still, even post-patch.

BooJoh

Okay. That does make sense. Although, so did Pokemon Shuffle, amd I claimed stars for that.

Interesting. I'm in NA but I didn't get anything for Shuffle. I don't know if NOE is doing things any differently, but for us anything released after Jan 20th aren't eligible.

Top Bottom