• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2014

GulAtiCa

Under settings, which does it say that it will auto-download to first? There is an option for Wii U Internal or HDD. Sometimes it is set to Wii U Internal by default. You might need to switch it back to the HDD.

Other possibility is, how much HDD space is left?

---

Been working on my game a lot lately, most to prepare the code base for it's sequel (in process of hiring for artist now :) ) and for a Dec/Jan patch. Good bye sub-30 FPS and hello smooth silky 60 FPS goodness!
I downgraded the game to 720p from 1080p and spent weekend reworking it for that resolution. Considering 60 FPS > sub-30 FPS and that game looks the same, I really shouldn't have done 1080p to start with. lol

Under settings, which does it say that it will auto-download to first? There is an option for Wii U Internal or HDD. Sometimes it is set to Wii U Internal by default. You might need to switch it back to the HDD.

Other possibility is, how much HDD space is left?

I actually just figured it out.

I had previously purchased the game and then later got rid of it. The original save file was still there in the system memory, so when I went to download it it tried to put it on the same drive as my old save. I figured it out by trying to purchase something else and not having the same problem. Figured it was game specific, and it was.

Thanks for you reply :)

Edit: There doesn't seem to be any setting that allows you to prioritize one drive over another. If the USB drive is plugged in then the Wii U will automatically try to download to that drive.

SerTapTap

Went and got that Umihara Kawase game on 3DS, I also noticed Scram Kitty got an update, seems like it makes the game more...sane on early levels. I couldn't tell you exactly what the changes were (I read a post about it, sounds like general balance tweaks) but I had a much better time getting through level 4 which previously hit me like a brick wall

TheMoon

What are the best VC games for each system that isn't available on the Wii U VC? Got a Classic Controller Pro coming in the mail so I'm catching up on old VC titles.

I'm confused, you're asking for games that aren't on Wii U VC because you want to catch up on them?!

TheMoon

Wii VC I would imagine, not on Wii U. Best games from the various systems.

Ah that makes sense.

In that case here are some of my suggestions:

NES VC:
StarTropics

SNES VC:
Sim City (only available in PAL, got taken down in the US)
ActRaiser
Super Mario RPG
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy II (IV)
Final Fantasy III (VI)
Zombies (PAL) / Zombies Ate My Neighbords (US)
Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen

Mega Drive/Genesis VC:
Alien Soldier
Pulseman
Strider

Turbografx VC:
Castlevania Rondo of Blood

N64 VC:
Paper Mario
Sin & Punishment
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
plus, well, the obvious ones like Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, and the Zelda games

What are the best VC games for each system that isn't available on the Wii U VC? Got a Classic Controller Pro coming in the mail so I'm catching up on old VC titles.
Do you mean for systems that aren't available on Wii U VC or just games in general that aren't available? The wording could go either way... Assuming it's the former and that you're in NA, then you can't go wrong with these:

PC Engine / TG16: Castlevania Rondo of Blood, Bomberman 94, Ys 1 & 2, Star Soldier, Final Soldier, Soldier Blade, Devil's Crush, Blazing Lasers, Dragon's Curse, Gradius 2, Lords of Thunder. Check out the Bonk series if you want quirky platformers, they're good, just not extraordinary. (And what the hell, Star Parodier was delisted?!? Aw, man...)

N64: Pretty much everything available is absolutely top notch, must play, excellent stuff (except for Cruis'n USA, of course, and maaaaaybe Bomberman Hero, although it's a good game), so without knowing if you've played the obvious classics recommending just a few is a bit hard. Assuming you've played the most famous ones, then Sin & Punishment, F-Zero X, Wave Race, Pokémon Snap, Kirby, 1080, Ogre Battle, Pokémon Puzzle League and if I go on I'll just list everything.

Master System: I haven't played much on Master System, but Phantasy Star is a really good game. Wonder Boy 3 The Dragon's Trap is another great one, although I like the PC Engine version better and that's also on Virtual Console as Dragon's Curse (wich I already recommended above). The Alex Kidd games have many fans but I haven't played them enough to recommend any of them and what I played was just OK. Check them out if that's what you're after.

Genesis: MUSHA, Phantasy Star 4, Shinobi 3, Shining Force 2, Puyo Puyo 2, Monster World 4, Alien Soldier, Gunstar Heroes, Ristar, Sonic 2 and Streets of Rage 2 are the most-plays for me.

Neo Geo: KOF98, The Last Balde 2, Metal Slug X, Samurai Shodown 2, Baseball Stars 2, Magician Lord. Check out the other KOF, Metal Slug and Samsho games as well, these are just the ones I like the best.

Arcade: Super Hang-On, Space Harrier, Mappy, Zaxxon, Ghosts 'n Goblins, 1942, and Golden Axe.

It seems like every other post I make in this thread is a list of old games... ^^u

maxcriden

Went and got that Umihara Kawase game on 3DS, I also noticed Scram Kitty got an update, seems like it makes the game more...sane on early levels. I couldn't tell you exactly what the changes were (I read a post about it, sounds like general balance tweaks) but I had a much better time getting through level 4 which previously hit me like a brick wall

Yep, Scram Kitty's patch makes the game a bit more manageable in general. You also now get gold ribbons on levels in which you get all four kitties in one run. When I played through the game (and loved it), I would do a regular run to beat a level then play it until I could beat it with all four kitties. Really satisfying to do so. Extremely fun game and the patch definitely makes the levels and esp. IMO timed escape kitties more manageable.

sörine

Banned
Top Tens! (And Fives!)

NES
1 Zanac (D4 Enterprise)
2 River City Ransom (Aksys Games)
3 Bubble Bobble (Square Enix)
4 Faxanadu (Konami)
5 Shadow of the Ninja (Natsume)
6 SCAT: Special Cybernetik Action Team (Natsume)
7 Final Fantasy (Square Enix)
8 Bio Miracle Boukette Upa (Konami)
9 Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (Koei Tecmo)
10 Star Tropics (Nintendo)

Super NES
1 Secret of Mana (Square Enix)
2 Chrono Trigger (Square Enix)
3 Final Fantasy III (Square Enix)
4 Axelay (Konami)
5 Actraiser (Square Enix)
6 DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure (Konami)
7 Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (Square Enix)
8 Final Fantasy II (Square Enix)
9 Gradius III (Konami)
10 Kirby's Avalanche (Nintendo)

Nintendo 64
1 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Nintendo)
2 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo)
3 Super Mario 64 (Nintendo)
4 F-Zero X (Nintendo)
5 Wave Race 64 (Nintendo)
6 Sin & Punishment (Nintendo)
7 Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber (Square Enix)
8 Star Fox 64 (Nintendo)
9 Mario Tennis (Nintendo)
10 Bomberman Hero (Konami)

Sega Genesis
1 Monster World IV (Sega)
2 Sonic the Hedgehog 3 + Sonic & Knuckles (Sega)
3 Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium (Sega)
4 LandStalker: The Treasures of King Nole (Sega)
5 Gunstar Heroes (Sega)
6 Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega)
7 Shining Force II (Sega)
8 Beyond Oasis (Sega)
9 M.U.S.H.A. (Sega)
10 Ristar (Sega)

TurboGrafx-16/CD
1 Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (Konami)
2 Blazing Lazers (Konami)
3 Bomberman '94 (Konami)
4 Ys Books I & II (Falcom)
5 Neutopia II (Konami)
6 Bonk's Revenge (Konami)
7 Gate of Thunder (Konami)
8 Alien Crush (Konami)
9 Military Madness (Konami)
10 The Dynastic Hero (Konami)

Neo Geo
1 Metal Slug X (D4 Enterprise)
2 Metal Slug 3 (D4 Enterprise)
3 Samurai Showdown II (D4 Enterprise)
4 Magical Drop III (D4 Enterprise)
5 The King of Fighters '98 (D4 Enterprise)
6 Metal Slug (D4 Enterprise)
7 The Last Blade 2 (D4 Enterprise)
8 Ironclad (D4 Enterprise)
9 The King of Fighters '95 (D4 Enterprise)
10 Shock Troopers 2nd Squad (D4 Enterprise)

Sega Master System
1 Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap (Sega)
2 Phantasy Star (Sega)
3 Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa (Sega)
4 Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega)
5 Fantasy Zone (Sega)

Arcade
1 Wonder Boy in Monster Land (Sega)
2 Space Harrier (Sega)
3 Ghouls 'n Ghosts (Capcom)
4 Golden Axe (Sega)
5 Super Hang-On (Sega)

Thanks for the suggestions, and yes, I did mean Wii VC exclusive games. I've played most of the big name classics and I'm not a fan of most RPGs, so I'll keep that in mind as I'm looking.

Top Bottom