• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - November 2014

ramparter

Banned
Speaking of this, where the fuck is Pac-Man Vs. on the Wii U? This should be the very first thing anyone ported to the hardware.
Should also be on 3DS at least as an eshop game. It was one of the most funny local multi sessions I ever had when I played it on DS (namco museam was it?).

Whoa! Yumi's Odd Oddyssey / Sayonara Umihara Kawase for $10? So little for so much awesomeness. If you like mastering a challenging game filled with secrets, with stuff to unlock, a fantastic soundtrack and charm up the wazoo, then get this game 'cause it's cool beans and several kinds of fun.

Let me guess, all 6 gems are needed for the good ending?
Congratulations on beating the game! Yeah, all
of them are needed. Then you have to
beat the last level with a special pendant equipped (you have to wear it throughout the level, of course, you can't cheat and equip it at the last second). Along with the good ending you also get the Mega Man-esque gun and four Special Mission levels that reuse and remix layouts and graphics from the other levels and are kinda hard and long and fun.

I also didn't realize Prevasion worked even if you use a different pendant.
Not with all of them. There's at least two pendants that I have that do not have Prevasion and it's probable that I'm missing some more that don't. But yeah, for a long time I too thought only the Prevasion Chain worked like that and never bothered checking.

(I assumed only cerberus was fully auto, some other guns are kinda auto but still fire faster if tapped instead of held)
Well, all the good ones are automatic. The rest are super gimmicky and only useful in very particular situations, if ever, like Mizuchi. But Cerberus, Technos, Vasuki and Dullahan have auto-fire. Naga can be charged and Orochi technically doesn't have auto-fire, but everytime you fire it, like 20 shots come out so it makes up for it.

Any tips on loadout for getting S rank missions? Is it all about never dropping the kudos (or whatever) chain?
Uff, you're talking with the wrong guy here about this. I've only gotten two S ranks and on the easiest levels by far: one on the "tutorial" mission (1st Sumeragi) and another on the super short, straight-line one near the end (Urban Run). I do have mostly As and a few Bs on the others, though. S+ Ranks are completely and absolutely out of my reach.

I think it's all about Kudos, yeah, and also about time. At least that's how I got the two S Ranks. I did 2:48:86 on the first one and 00:14:86 on the second one, with a High Score of 232125 and 35358, respectively. But this is probably the bare minimum you can expect to have to do to get S in those stages since, like I said, I'm not very good at this. Sorry I can't be of more help!

I can't even get an S rank on that "kill the tank" mission because I can't dodge the first missle volley.
Try doing as much damage as possible as fast as possible with normal attacks before it tries to use the missiles, then use Astraphere right next to the head. That should open up the weak spot and just one Luxcalibur should be enough to take care of it. Both times you have to jump and be as close as possible to make sure you do the most possible damage. It goes down in just a few seconds with this method.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Should also be on 3DS at least as an eshop game. It was one of the most funny local multi sessions I ever had when I played it on DS (namco museam was it?).

Yup, Namco Museum DS. That game is still pretty easy to find and dirt cheap, so I recommend people track it down if they really wanna play Pac-Man Vs. some more.

Darksiders II is $9.99 until December 2nd, worth it? Necer played the first.

It's worth it, I'd say. I bought it for $20 earlier in the year and feel that I got my money's worth out of it. Be prepared for terrible screen tearing though...I forgot how spoiled we are as Wii U owners, to experience it like that is pretty jarring.

terrisus

Anyone have any feedback on Jeopardy?
Tempted to get it for $9.99, to have something a bit more recent than Jeopardy! Junior Edition for NES and Jeopardy! for N64.

SerTapTap

I think it's all about Kudos, yeah, and also about time. At least that's how I got the two S Ranks. I did 2:48:86 on the first one and 00:14:86 on the second one, with a High Score of 232125 and 35358, respectively. But this is probably the bare minimum you can expect to have to do to get S in those stages since, like I said, I'm not very good at this. Sorry I can't be of more help!

I need to check out Umihara Kawase, I always forget there's a 3DS version

Speedruns are hilarious because of prevasion, I just run through half the enemies. S ranks, still having trouble with that, don't think I'll get most of those missions done. Also man the drop system is wonky. I've beaten a dozen levels and still can't make 90% of the items I couldn't make before I started farming. There aren't even missions for several of these that I can see. And, of course, it's WAY beyond the point where any of these items are particularly useful. The game really should have used cash ONLY for the shop and maybe some equips from challenges, the drop system is really weird and just means I can't get jack shit for items. I can make like 10 million of the items I DO have stuff for and the rest I haven't made once.

I got the tank thing beat flawlessly, you just have to stand as close as possible to it when the missile volley starts, then slowly walk to the left and jump over the last shots. With proper equips it should die without a second attack, was pretty easy. ...did not award an S rank though, apparently I have to kill it slower and gain more kudos or??? That or maybe a Luxcalibur instakill will be enough, I noticed I got crazy extra points for killing a boss with it.

I like Yumi but prepare for a very high learning curve. I do need to try playing as an easy character, though.

Wait until you see the second giant enemy crab! XD Like I said in the other thread, you really should try playing as one of the children. It makes things much more manageable a lot of the time. It's a hard game but very well designed. There's often more than one way to get someplace and the level and game design really encourages creativity. Getting better at it, mastering the controls and finally doing something you thought was impossible until you actually manage to do it (often by a hair) feels extremely satisfying. I jumped and shouted and danced around a few times while playing, and I must have looked like a goofy idiot, swinging my head along with the character everytime I tried to make a tough jump.

I need to check out Umihara Kawase, I always forget there's a 3DS version

You really should! It's my favorite game in the series. $10 is a steal for such a good game. I'm about 20 hours in and still have three backpacks to find and four illustrations and two songs to unlock. I still need to beat the Survival Challenge mode through four different paths and my times and ranks are absolutely pathetic still. So it's not a short game either.

I got the tank thing beat flawlessly, you just have to stand as close as possible to it when the missile volley starts, then slowly walk to the left and jump over the last shots. With proper equips it should die without a second attack, was pretty easy. ...did not award an S rank though, apparently I have to kill it slower and gain more kudos or??? That or maybe a Luxcalibur instakill will be enough, I noticed I got crazy extra points for killing a boss with it.

The "Beat X Level in X Minutes" missions are really easy, yeah, but I wasn't talking about those when I mentioned my times. What I mean is that in order to get an S Rank you also need to beat the stage quickly, except that you can't use prevasion like you do in speedruns because that would break your kudos combo. For example, if you use the method I mentioned to beat the tank in only a couple of seconds, you would get an S Rank in that stage for sure. You probably got a better score than I did but in more than the 14 seconds it took me. It's not only points that determine the rank, but a combination of points and speed. So, no, you don't have to beat it slower but faster! I'm not good at keeping my kudos count up so it's probable that I won't be getting many more S Ranks, and getting even one S+ Rank is an impossible dream for me at this point!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess it should be mentioned tomorrow to the 29th, Best Buy will be selling eShop cards for 15% off.

I didn't see this mentioned in the last few pages: Looks like Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies is on sale for $14.99 (in the US at least) through December 2. Has it been this low before?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Guess it should be mentioned tomorrow to the 29th, Best Buy will be selling eShop cards for 15% off.

My plan is to drop 170 bucks at Best Buy, get Captain Toad and throw the rest at the Wii U eshop.

VC and whatever weird stuff that goes on sale between now and the end of the year, here I come.

@MUWANdo

Banned
That GetClose game that's coming out in NA today looks kinda fun, but be warned: it's a multi-player-only game, despite what's listed on NOA's website. They made the same mistake with Sportsball and then refused to refund people who bought it thinking it'd have single-player when it didn't, so it'd be nice if people didn't fall in the same trap again.

I bought wheel of fortune and jeopardy last time they were on sale. Both good versions for ten bucks. Little glitchy (once had jeopardy just make like every voice sample just play over top of each other non stop) but it's still fun enough. Has off tv play, but no sound, sadly.

SeanR1221

Nintendo eShop Cyber Deals

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/eXQrNvnGzSSV9pJFgpoKx5abDK2XKTjj

Nintendo eShop Cyber Deals are coming!
The Nintendo eShop Cyber Deals will bring you some great prices on great games from Thursday, November 27 at 9 am PT to Tuesday December 2 at 8:59 am PT. Save up to 30% on the following titles:

Nintendo 3DS:

Mario & Luigi™: Dream Team
Luigi’s Masion™: Dark Moon
Wario Land™ 2
Wario Land™ 3
Metroid™ II-Return of Samus™
Wii U:

The Wonderful 101™
Wii Party™ U
Mario & Luigi™: Superstar Saga
Wario Land™ 4
Metroid™ Fusion

Plus, don't forget to check out some of the other great titles on sale! Head to the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS and look under Price Drops to find out more about these great deals!

So there wont be an eshop black friday?

See above

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Thomas Was Alone – In this indie platformer, guide a group of sentient rectangles through a series of environments, combining their skills to reach the end of each level. Listen to awesome music by David Housden, negotiate obstacles meticulously placed by Mike Bithell and immerse yourself in the journey with a voiceover read wistfully and amusingly by Danny Wallace. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Mario Pinball Land – A day at the funfair has turned into a rolling adventure for Mario. After he is transformed into a ball, Mario must collect stars across five different worlds as he unlocks a path to Bowser’s castle and saves Princess Peach from the evil Koopa’s clutches!

Virtual Console on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Mighty Final Fight – The Mad Gear Gang has kidnapped the mayor’s daughter, and now the mayor is going to show them who’s boss! Join Haggar, Cody and Guy as they uppercut, kick and bash their enemies into the ground in five intense levels of hard-hitting action! Mighty Final Fight is now available in both the Virtual Console for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth – For the first time ever, the Persona series comes to a Nintendo console! Join the Persona 3 and Persona 4 characters on a new adventure in an art style that you haven’t seen before. Choose characters from either game to form your dream team, and use the bottom screen to map out dungeons and fuse Persona. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
Mighty Gunvolt – Mighty Gunvolt is an old-school 8-bit NES-style retro mini-adventure starring Gunvolt and Beck from the upcoming action game Mighty No. 9. Play as one of three heroes, each with his or her own unique powers, as you run, double-jump, dash and blast your way through five stages of baddies and bosses. It’s a pixelated adventure you can really sink your teeth into! Mighty Gunvolt will be available on Nov. 28. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.

Turkey Fest Community on Miiverse

Spend Thanksgiving holiday with your family fans in the Turkey Fest community on Miiverse. From Nov. 21 to Dec. 1, you’ll be able to join in all kinds of special events such as tournaments, polls and challenges featuring Nintendo games and characters. And what better time to bowl a turkey in Wii Sports Club Bowling? Don’t miss out on tons of fun activities featuring Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Mario Kart 8, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Fantasy Life and Pokémon Art Academy. Also be sure to join our Miiverse Turkey Fest tournament in Mario Kart 8 using the new DLC Pack 1 this Thanksgiving weekend. The tournament code is 2593-0985-4929.

Nintendo eShop Sales

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
The Nintendo eShop Cyber Deals will let you save up to 30 percent each on 10 select games from Thursday, Nov. 27, at 9 a.m. PT until Tuesday, Dec. 2, at 8:59 a.m. PT. Visit www.nintendo.com/eShop-cyber-deals for more information. Plus, don’t forget to check out discounts on other great games! Head to the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS and look under “Price Drops” to find out more about these great deals.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is on sale for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 1.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Rock Zombie is more than 10 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $5.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Nov. 27 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 4.
ZaciSa’s Last Stand is 25 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 7.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Code of Princess is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Dec. 1 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 15.
Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $24.99) starting at starting at 9 a.m. PT on Dec. 1 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 15.
Azure Striker GUNVOLT is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $9.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Nov. 28 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 15.
Farming Simulator 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec 11.
Farming Simulator 14 is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $19.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 11.
Parking Star 3D is over 30 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 18.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Nov. 26 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec 2.
Chain Blaster, Crazy Construction and other games from G-Style are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 31.
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) starting at 9 a.m. PT on Dec 1. Until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 8.

Also new this week:

GetClose: A game for RIVALS (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Heptrix (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Shiny The Firefly (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
AiRace Xeno – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Chat-A-Lot (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
My First Songs (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
My Life on a Farm 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Ohno Odyssey – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, I forgot Mighty Final Fight was out today. Very tempted to nab a $35 eShop card from Best Buy since it's $29.75.

& wasn't there suppose to be an update for Mighty Gunvolt soon? I know the DLC is suppose to hit Japan this week, but I guess it'll be next week or so for the US.

L~A

Oh right, I forgot Mighty Final Fight was out today. Very tempted to nab a $35 eShop card from Best Buy since it's $29.75.

& wasn't there suppose to be an update for Mighty Gunvolt soon? I know the DLC is suppose to hit Japan this week, but I guess it'll be next week or so for the US.

Pretty sure it's this week for NA too.

2 more hours until I waste a lot of money on the Black Friday "sales", finally I'll get Dark Moon and M&L.

EDIT: Heh, they were smart. Mighty Gunvolt free with AZG until 28/11, then they start a promo on the game on the same day, after the update. Shame, if the promo included MG I would get it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, got $30 of eShop codes for $25. Now I just hope Best Buy gets it to me by next Thursday, because for some reason, they said I'd get it by the 12th.

EDIT: Heh, they were smart. Mighty Gunvolt free with AZG until 28/11, then they start a promo on the game on the same day, after the update. Shame, if the promo included MG I would get it.
Funny thing is, with Gunvolt being $9.99 & Might Gunvolt being $3.99, it's actual $1 cheaper to get both compared to before getting MG for free with Gunvolt.

Zeeman

Even though I love Mario & Luigi games (including PiT), I'm hesitant to get Dream Team digitally because of how mixed I've seen reception of it. I actually didn't finish BIS, and if Dream Team is as long as people say, I can't imagine having time for it. I'd rather have the option to trade it or sell it once I do get it.

GameE

I bought Yumi's odyssey. I see other Natsume games are on sale as well. I never played Harvest Moon before. How is HM3D: A New Beginning?

Funny thing is, with Gunvolt being $9.99 & Might Gunvolt being $3.99, it's actual $1 cheaper to get both compared to before getting MG for free with Gunvolt.

post-15337-Christian-Bale-confused-gif-Hje6.gif

What the?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, Gunvolt is normally $14.99, so for a week, it's $13.99 to get both Gunvolt ($9.99) & MG ($3.99). But once the sale on Gunvolt ends, it'll be $18.99 to get both.

Yeah, Gunvolt is normally $14.99, so for a week, it's $13.99 to get both Gunvolt ($9.99) & MG ($3.99). But once the sale on Gunvolt ends, it'll be $18.99 to get both.

Ah, ok, thanks. I once thought about buying it but the Time Trial aspects that I've heard didn't entice me.

RiggyRob

Woo, downloading Breath of Fire. I love the fact that games are so small on the Wii U, I've got NSMBU, Wind Waker HD, Child of Light, Wii Fit U, Pullblox World, Earthbound, Mega Man 1-3, Pac-Man, Brain Training and Mario Kart & Hyrule Warriors DLC all digitally, and I've still got 9.5GB of space left.

I hope there's not any EU eShop Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals or I'm gonna run out of space...

Top Bottom