• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

FnordChan

Wii Sports packaging preview:

wii-sports-cart.jpg

FnordChan

Koshiro

I see what Nintendo did here.

Remember all the megaton fuss over fake Nintendo On trailers and all sorts of crap? Nintendo didn't forget the hype the internet generated. I too was left feeling a bit.. "Yeah well... the conference was okay but something was missing..." but I get it now. Ninty are going the internet approach here, they're letting us find the games, see the games, and generate hype and feel damn good for finding them all.

E3 is pretty much on our computer monitors this year, as far as Nintendo are concerned (save for those at E3 that can play Rev ie. not normal people).

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Some of you have lost your mind. Mario Galaxy is nowhere NEAR Mario Sunshine grapihcs and is closer to Kameo's graphics than anything. Metroid looks a lot better than the Gamecube game also this will become clear as direct feed becomes available.
It is nowhere NEAR Kameo in terms of technology, that much seemed fairly obvious. It looked very much on par technically with Sunshine to me.

siege

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
Some of you have lost your mind. Mario Galaxy is nowhere NEAR Mario Sunshine graphics and is closer to Kameo's graphics than anything. Metroid looks a lot better than the Gamecube games also. This will become abundantly clear as direct feed becomes available.

fea_gamepg_mario.png

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Diddy Kong Racing looks like a port from the one screen. Video seems unavailable.

the only thing terrible about the Nintendo conference was that they totally choked on showing all this stuff!!!!

Super Paper mario is the best thing I've seen in years.

NSMB can suck it!

Saoh

jarosh said:
holy mother. why was all this beautiful stuff not in the conference.

check out the super paper mario video guys. wow

exactly what im saying. why keep all this excellent info secret?? oh Ninty, i love you but you need to come out of the closet! dont be shy :D

AniHawk

Souldriver said:
In the trailer of Super Paper Mario there's always a pointer on screen.
Does this mean it's also coming to the Wii?

Btw, it look really fun! :D

SUPER PAPER MARIO?

For Gamecube?

How THE FUCK did I miss THAT?

EDIT: HOLY FUCK KIRBYDS!!!

There are no words for Super Paper Mario.

Jeez, it's like an embarrasment of Mario platformers all of a sudden. NSMB, Mario Galaxy, YI2, and now this. Crazy.

Also: Phoenix Wright 2, huh? Wish I could find #1 for less than $60. :-(

Aurora

Nintendo confirmed that SSB is coming out this year on the Wii - it's obligatory that they have it on the showfloor.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Jefklak said:
FUCK!
anyone hires shots? info?

Scroll to the top of this page (57) -- I threw up a bunch of hi-res Wii shots.

BTW, I'm uploading the Zelda TP video to Photobucket's video thing now. It'll take another 3 minutes to finish.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Aurora said:
Nintendo confirmed that SSB is coming out this year on the Wii - it's obligatory that they have it on the showfloor.

Uh no.

And I was just told via cell that I will playing all Wii content in 16:9, 480p tomorrow, as well as 4:3.

Johnas

WHOA at Super Paper Mario. So different.

And I said wow numerous times at that Zelda trailer. Can't wait for that one.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i think super paper mario is my favorite e3 announcement so far. it's the most visually interesting mario game since yoshi's island -- with all the really conservative mario games we see, it's nice to see the franchise go a bit farther out. or way farther out, in this case.

PkunkFury

too many good games at once

I don't know where to look

So confused.. how did all these DS and GC titles stay secret. Where did Super Paper Mario come from??? Am I going to get to play New Super Mario BRos, Yoshi Island 2, and Super Paper Mario all in one year??? Is this Nintendo apologizing for 10 years of whoring the franchise to sports titles and porting old games??? I'm baffled

there are going to be 27 thats is TWENTY SEVEN playable games on the show floor and also videos of other games, wouldnt it be a tad stupid to show it all before E3 actually starts? They will want new stuff to be discovered throughout the show so that they keep the spotlight, I imagine more and more stuff will be shown as E3 progresses.

As for those saying "omg gfx am suck, wii -1 sale" thank you, you missed the point entirely now **** off to a Sony or MS thread, and dont let the door hit you on the way out.

SantaC

what the hell? Why didn't nintendo show off more of so many awesome games? Plus I want more mario galaxy footage :(

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
OB1 said:
Wow, that Super Paper Mario video was something else. Really weird and imaginative, especially from an artistic viewpoint. Awesome.
I guess I'm the odd man out because nothing about that game gameplay wise impressed me. NSMB looks 10x better but the week is young yet.

Top Bottom