• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Info about Tennis/Wii controller from IGN's impressions.

One interesting thing we learned while playing is that you can choose to either do wide, arching movements that genuinely simulate the real game of tennis, or, alternatively, you can choose simple flicks of the wrist to do the same thing. So, if you want to go out (like the actors in Nintendo's initial controller teaser video), you have that option. But if not, you can go small, too. The game recognizes and translates either movement to the court on the fly.

I love Trauma Center's subtitle, btw. Second Opinion. :)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Saoh said:
overlooooooOOOOOAAAAAAADDDDDDDD

NINTENDOOO, SO MUCH INFO, so short conference!!

LOVE THIS OVERLOAD :lol :lol

I hope I can make it though everything in time for the MS Conference.

Ah and I see the west IS getting Baten Kaitos II as well.

Dracos

Wii, DS and GC! Nintendo wins E3 hands down. Where is all of this stuff coming from. The conference showed nothing compared to this info deluge.

Super Paper Mario might be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It's definitely the best thing shown so far by anyone (and I enjoyed the Nintendo conference.) Ironic that it's basically just an excuse to reuse Paper Mario 2 sprites.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I am surprised none of the big gaming sites are really uploading this megaton-worthy stuff. IGN looks like they're on a holiday.

Taker666

Danthrax said:
NINTENDO Wii GAMES

NAMCO BANDAI Games
FINAL FURLONG
Mobile Suit GUNDAM
SD GUNDAM G BREAKER
DIGIMON
ONE PIECE UNLIMITED ADVENTURE
New Action Game
New RPG
TAMAGOTCHI

Nintendo wins Japan :lol

This is indeed overload! My God, they should have added a few of those video's and announcements at they're conference. The crowd would have gone bananas!

AniHawk

The Gamecube is getting the best sendoff any system's had ever. TP and SPM seal the deal.

So many surprises! Who was honestly expecting Super Paper Mario, Fire Emblem Wii, Yoshi's Island 2, or a REAL 2D Kirby game?

And Sonic Wild Fire looks HOT.

I want to see Super Mario Galaxy though. I want to play it now

And of the 3 "new" IPs, the only one I'm interested in is Disaster.

I hope Pikmin hasn't been killed off, though.

And I can't wait to see SSB Wii, whenever they show it.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Upcoming Nintendo DS games

Activision
Over the Hedge™
X-Men™: The Official Game
Marvel™: Ultimate Alliance
Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam

American Game Factory
Miss Spider: Harvest Time Hop and Fly
Strawberry Shortcake: Strawberryland Games
Cartoon Network Grand Prix
Code Lyoko
Garfield: Tale of Two Kitties

Atari
Arthur & The Minimoys
Totally Spies! 2 (working title)

Atlus
Contact
Deep Labyrinth

Bethesda Softworks
Star Trek Tactical Assault

Buena Vista Games
Pirates of the Caribbean:
Dead Man’s Chest
Disney’s American Dragon: Jake Long Attack of the Dark Dragon
The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
Spectrobes
Chicken Little: TBD
Disney’s The Little Mermaid: Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
Hannah Montana
That’s So Raven:
Psychic on the Scene
Disney’s Herbie
Disney’s Kim Possible: Global Gemini
Meteos: Disney Edition
Disney’s Meet the Robinsons

Capcom
Mega Man ZX
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 2

Codemasters
Micro Machines® V4

D3
Break’em All
Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi:
The Genie and the Amp
Fossil League D.T.C.
Dreamworks Flushed Away
Warlords Champions

Destination Software
Risk / Battleship / Clue / Connect 4 / Trouble / Sorry
B-17 Flying Fortress / ,Silent Running
Lionel Trains - On Track
Princess Natasha: “Student ~ Secret Agent ~ Princess”
Uno / Uno Skipbo / Uno Freefall
Uno 52

Eidos
Tomb Raider Legend

Electronic Arts
Madden NFL ’07
Superman Returns

Kemco
Spy Vs Spy: M.A.D (Mutually Assured Destruction)
Top Gear: Downforce

Konami
Lunar Knights: Vampire Hunters
Xiaolin Showdown
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
Death Jr. and the Science Fair of Doom
Marvel Trading Card Game
My Frogger
Steel Horizon
Winx Club: Shadow of the Phoenix
Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer

LucasArts
LEGO Star Wars II:
The Original Trilogy

Majesco
Dino Master
Cooking Mama (working title)
Mech Assault: Phantom War
Monster Bomber

Midway Games
Happy Feet

NAMCO BANDAI Games
Point Blank

Natsume
Harvest Moon DS
Freedom Wings
Puzzle de Harvest Moon (working title)

Nintendo
New Super Mario Bros.®
Big Brain Academy™
Magnetica™
Sudoku Gridmaster
Tenchu®: Dark Secret™
Mario™ Hoops 3-on-3
Mario vs. Donkey Kong™ 2: March of the Minis
Pokémon® Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
Star Fox® DS
Children of Mana®
Clubhouse Games™
Custom Robo™ Arena
Elite Beat Agents™
Magical Vacation (working title)
Pokémon® Ranger
The Legend of Zelda®: Phantom Hourglass
Yoshi’s Island® 2
Diddy Kong® Racing DS
Hotel Dusk: Room 215™
Chibi-Robo™: Park Patrol
Kirby™
Archaic Sealed Heat
DK™: King of Swing DS
DS Air

SEGA
Charlotte’s Web

SNK
SNK VS CAPCOM: Card Fighters Clash

SQUARE ENIX
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
FINAL FANTASY III

Summitsoft
Mini RC Rally

Telegames
Ultimate Brain Games
Ultimate Card Games
Ultimate Puzzle Games

THQ
Disney/Pixar Cars
Monster House
Alex Rider: Stormbreaker
Danny Phantom: Urban Jungle
Bratz Diamondz
Nicktoons Vortex Island
Scooby Doo 07
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab

Ubisoft
Open Season
Rayman

Vivendi Universal Games
The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning
Crash Boom Bang!
Eragon

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Tom and Jerry Tales™

lancubap

AniHawk said:
The Gamecube is getting the best sendoff any system's had ever. TP and SPM seal the deal.

So many surprises! Who was honestly expecting Super Paper Mario, Fire Emblem Wii, Yoshi's Island 2, or a REAL 2D Kirby game?

And Sonic Wild Fire looks HOT.

I want to see Super Mario Galaxy though. I want to play it now

And of the 3 "new" IPs, the only one I'm interested in is Disaster.

I hope Pikmin hasn't been killed off, though.

And I can't wait to see SSB Wii, whenever they show it.

Yeah, it is incredible. This is probably the best E3 for Nintendo since a lot of time. Only one thing is strange: why so many things have not been put in the conference ?

E-phonk

Banned
What was the intro all about? It came up later when a grandfather was guiding an orchestra - so this must also be a game right?

For people talking about the layout of the classic pad - think for a second

Nes, Snes, Turbo GFX and Genesis use D-PAD for movement. Thus having it up there in a comfortable place makes the most sense. The only games that will require the analogue sticks are N64, one for movement and one for the c-buttons - its the most sensible layout for the purpose.

One imagines you could use this classic pad for GC games too.

Cosmozone

I can't believe all you guys missed the best part. Reggie to Iwata before the Tennis match:
"So I'll take the names here, and how about you kicking the, erm, you know." :lol

Great that there are so many games in development right from the start. Super Mario Galaxy looks like it has an incredible atmosphere. Hope the Wii gets successful so developers actually put more effort in it. Can't wait to hear hands-on controller reports from all the E3-goers.

My biggest gripe was that there's not enough information about the console and online service itself. :(

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Did anyone put up the fact sheet to Super Paper Mario? If not, here it is:

Super Paper Mario™
Format: Nintendo GameCube™
Launch Date: Q4 2006
ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
Game Type: 2-D/3-D Sidescrolling Platformer with Role-Playing Elements
Players: 1
Developer: Intelligent Systems

KEY INFORMATION
The newest chapter of the Paper Mario story isn’t just out of this world … it’s out of this dimension.
• What at first glance appears to be a 2-D sidescroller ripped straight from the pages of the Paper Mario universe soon turns into a 3-D action-adventure that defies all video game logic. Fusing 2-D and 3-D perspectives, not to mention RPG and platformer elements, the game slips back and forth between dimensions. The action sprawls across eight worlds filled with traps, puzzles, bizarre mysteries and items that often draw themselves out of thin air.
• Oh, and just because Mario’s in the title doesn’t mean he’s the only star – players also get to play as Peach and Bowser.

-----

Anything else you guys want me to grab? There are unfortunatly no screenshots for any Wii games besides the ones you've seen with side-by-sides of people using a Wiimote. There are screenshots for all the DS first party games, though. And artwork and fact sheets for all the games.

Beezy

I am freaking out right now! So many DS games! PSP is fucked! The GC games are completely new shit! Wii is fucking great! Are there any new videos of the Wii games? Any DS 3rd party vids? Where the fuck is Trauma Center? That Hotel game for DS is beautiful! OMFG I need a job!

monkeyrun

speedpop said:
I am surprised none of the big gaming sites are really uploading this megaton-worthy stuff. IGN looks like they're on a holiday.
what ? you mean all those information are not supposed to just drop on their desk ?? they actually need to click a few links to find it ?

man this journalism thingy is hard ...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Vieo said:
The sensor bar was shown?

wii_feature_img_3.png

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Here's the Nintendo Wii's official fact sheet:

Wii™ CONSOLE DETAILS
Launch Date and MSRP: Q4 2006 ($TBA)

Controls: Intuitive control for anyone using the physical motion of the main Wii Remote, which resembles a television remote control. Up to four Wii Remotes can be connected at once using wireless Bluetooth technology. The wireless signal can be detected within 10 meters of the console. Both the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers include a three-axis motion sensor. The Wii Remote also includes a speaker, rumble feature and expansion port, and can be used as a pointer within 5 meters of the screen. The Wii Remote has a power switch, plus pad, A, B, Minus, Home, 1 and 2 buttons. The Nunchuk controller includes an analog control stick and C and Z buttons.

The Look: Wii features a compact design that will make it a natural addition to any television setup. It can be displayed either vertically or horizontally.

Color: TBA

Media: A single self-loading media bay will play single- or double-layered 12-centimeter optical discs for Wii, as well as 8-centimeter Nintendo GameCube™ discs.

Communication: Wii can communicate with the Internet even when the power is turned off. This “WiiConnect24” service delivers a new surprise or game update, even if users do not play with Wii. Users can connect wirelessly using IEEE802.11b/g, or with a USB 2.0 LAN adaptor. Wii also can communicate wirelessly with Nintendo DS™.

Virtual Console: Wii will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo® 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System® (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System® (NES). The Virtual Console also will feature a “best of” selection from Sega Genesis titles and games from the TurboGrafx console (a system jointly developed by NEC and Hudson). It also will be home to new games conceived by indie developers whose creativity is larger than their budgets.

The Specs: Wii has 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi capability. A bay for an SD memory card will let players expand the internal flash memory. Design was optimized with state-of-the-art processing technologies that minimize power consumption, keep the console compact and enable the “sleepless” WiiConnect24 mode.

CPU: PowerPC CPU (code-named “Broadway”)
Made with a 90 nm SOI CMOS process, jointly developed with and manufactured by IBM.
Graphics Processing Unit: Being developed with ATI

Other Features: Four ports for classic Nintendo GameCube controllers. Two slots for Nintendo GameCube Memory Cards. An AV Multi-output port for component, composite or S-video.

-----

BTW I don't know where you guys are getting those shots of the sensor bar. I can't find them.

carlos

Man, fuck winning the conference, nintendo won E3 just with sheer number and quality of most of the titles displayed....now why didn't they mention them during the conference?

Vieo

alr1ghtstart said:

LOL. Looks like squeegee. The way people were talking about it and how you put it on your TV, I thought it was going to be some contraption with suction cups on it. :)

fugimax

No idea if this has been mentioned, but one of the PR sheets given to us after the press conference said that the Wii version, in addition to the Wiimote functionality, will have a "widescreen mode."

(sorry if it's been posted, I can't afford to read all this..)

ahmad

Banned
Holy Fuck!!! The DS is getting so many amazing games

And GC is getting good games to

Wii is the future bitches!!!!

Koomaster

Baron Aloha said:
Check out Hotel Dusk for DS. Its some kind of detective game. Reminds me of Deja Vu. Looks cool. Here is a link:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2006/ds/index2.html

Oh, and folks when you mention the artcles please provide links. It makes everyone's lives so much easier.
Looks like another game we get to hold the DS sideways for. Awesome, I was hoping we'd see some more of these. The game itself looks awesome too!

SO EXCELLENT!

Top Bottom