• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

...What has Nintendo done to draw in non-gamers, lost gamers, casuals, or even XBox and PS2 owners? This conference was a jizzfest for the faithful, but people who didn't give a shith about Nintendo before probably aren't changing their minds now.

I think that's the biggest problem with the conference.

However, as a Nintendo fan... They're probably going to get about 500 dollars from me this year in software purchases alone.

Deku said:
If they include at least 2 controllers and 2 sets of nunchucks, 250 is reasonable, especially considering the nunchucks have a tilt sensing device built in too. Probably the biggest surprise today is that piece of imformation.

That was confirmed like two weeks ago.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
:lol at people bitching about what was vs what wasn't shown at the press conference

dudes, it was just a press conference. they only had an hour. its not all they have to show and say.

hell, im here now and it looks likes its gonna be wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiildly informative and entertaining :)

jarosh

AdmiralViscen said:
...What has Nintendo done to draw in non-gamers, lost gamers, casuals...
the only thing i can think of is the wii sport game(s) and the conducting game. maybe you could count wario ware too. but yeah, not much for the supposedly "new" audience.

Juice

Holy shit. From the orchestra on, I was sold.

The whole thing was spectacular. Best Nintendo conference to date, bar none. They did a great job explaining everything and the message was right on target. Only bummer is that they didn't finish with a huge surprise.

But the way they unveiled the speaker (hearing your bow snap/gun go off) got me warm in the loins. The whole thing was just stellar.

Reggie: "Hi. We're back. Here are some 30 games we made in the last two years while we let our console die."

Yamauchi

Banned
Are there any pics of FFCC or that DQ game? I just got back from school. Don't have time to download/watch the entire conference.

Virtual Console: Wii will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo® 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System® (SNES) and even – more – the Nintendo Entertainment System® (NES). The Virtual Console also will feature a “best of” selection from Sega Genesis titles and games from the TurboGrafx console (a system jointly developed by NEC and Hudson). It also will be home to new games conceived by indie developers whose creativity is larger than their budgets.

It's cool to see the VC can also be used for indie software, I wonder if there will be a special devkit for this purpose. It would be very cool if you'd get a development environment for all the systems the VC supports (maybe even with added abilities to use the Wii-mote or Internet capabilities).

jarosh

wtf IGN, wtf. they just upscaled the low-res versions of the wii trailers and offer them as hi-res downloads for insiders.

SuomiDude

Yamauchi said:
Well, obviously. It's Squeenix. Either they're showing CG or crap. What I was wanting to know was how crappy it looked.

I think he meant that it seems to be a 1st person sword slashing game (or maybe it was just a battle scene). Graphically it looks nice, from what little was shown.

jarosh

well, mother3 is clearly nowhere to be found on the press site - not in the pdf either. don't know what he's talking about.

what happened to Stage Debut? Guess that just ended up being a rumor? :-(

I was looking forward to see it too, especially since it supposedly supported connectivity with the DS to use its touchscreen.^^

jgkspsx

I hope they include free VC downloads with Rev games. You know, free Excitebike 64 w/ Excitetruck, free SNES Pilotwings with Pilotwings, etc. Very easy way to add value.

carlos

Does anyone think there might be another revelation in store about the wii or the remote?
nothing major, but for example, I still hope that the old rumor of it being able to send signals to various televisions at once wirelessly for versus gaming would be true.... highly doubtful, I know...

Saoh

Fuzzy said:
Unless MS drops the price of the 360 later this year.

I really hope the Wii is not more than $200 US.

i really really hope is $200 too, but Nintendo could pull a $250 and still look like the most "affordable" console.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm still waiting for thegreatdave to tell where the fuck does he see mother 3 at the Nintendo site

Taker666

carlos said:
Does anyone think there might be another revelation in store about the wii or the remote?
nothing major, but for example, I still hope that the old rumor of it being able to send signals to various televisions at once wirelessly for versus gaming would be true.... highly doubtful, I know...

Well the guy using it for zelda seemed to hint the speaker wasn't the final controller secret. Reggie still keeps going on about "feeling" games so I suppose some limited force feedback/haptic feedback is still possible...or it could just be a mic.

Error2k4 said:
I'm still waiting for thegreatdave to tell where the fuck does he see mother 3 at the Nintendo site

This thread has Mother 3 in the list of games. seeing as it's supposed to be teams for E3, and Mother has (not seen) by it, I'm assuming it means it'll be shown tomorrow. May be wrong, if I am, please forgive my soul.

TheGreatDave said:
This thread has Mother 3 in the list of games. seeing as it's supposed to be teams for E3, and Mother has (not seen) by it, I'm assuming it means it'll be shown tomorrow. May be wrong, if I am, please forgive my soul.

Will Brownie Brown release Mother?

RaidenZR said:
Am I the only one disappointed at the sheer non-existance of GBA software? I think this is kinda disturbing.

The GBA is dying slowly :(.

effzee

wii sports should be packed in with the system, or if its 250 it should come with Zelda.

also i thought star wars was confirmed? i knew smash bros wasnt coming out this yr but why the no show?

also i wonder how far along mario is, since i doubt it will be playable tomorrow.....

are the square enix games playable?

Rocked

I have to say I'm really disappointed at how Nintendo's handled media for Wii. Why do none of the games have trailers??

KINGMOKU

WHERE ARE THE DAMN IMAGES AND MOVIES OF WII GAMES.

WTF AM I STUPID, OR IS THERE JUST NOT ANY.

Man, wtf Nintendo. GIVE US TRAILERS AND IMAGES.

Beezy

moku said:
WHERE ARE THE DAMN IMAGES AND MOVIES OF WII GAMES.

WTF AM I STUPID, OR IS THERE JUST NOT ANY.

Man, wtf Nintendo. GIVE US TRAILERS AND IMAGES.

Yeah, there aren't any besides what ws shown in the montage vids. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow for gameplay footage.

Rocked

Cauliflower of Love said:
There are, they are on nintendo's press site.

It's just 2 long videos with tiny clips of games though. No proper trailers.

Anyway, I'm watching the tennis match again. :D Genius. Such fun!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I refuse to call this thing Wii. When I walk into the store to buy one, I'm asking for a Revolution.

Top Bottom