• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Magicpaint said:
Am I the only one who think Mario Hoops 3-on-3 looks phenomenal?

Holy crap, it looks fun as hell too. :D

It looks very good and very pinkhotpantstastic!

princess7kh.jpg

princess22cw.jpg

Rocked

DaCocoBrova said:
I refuse to call this thing Wii. When I walk into the store to buy one, I'm asking for a Revolution.

Don't you normally just, you know, take one from the shelf to the counter? That's how it works here in the UK.

dkeane

I was just listening to NPR and they had a segment on E3.
The reporter said his favorite game so far was Red Steel. Said it was unlike any game he's seen before (gameplay wise).

That's some good signs for Nintendo.

HomShaBom

Banned
Oh snap I forgot about Kiosks...Do you guys have any idea how disgusting and nasty these things are going to be? I'd rather wait till I have my own.

Newzboyz99

Losers! My wife has me on lock!
I posted this in another thread, but does anyone here think Nintendo is kicking themselves for not having Xbox 360 power + wagglewand and selling it at $300-350, which would still be twice as cheap as PS3???

studio810 said:
I was just listening to NPR and they had a segment on E3.
The reporter said his favorite game so far was Red Steel. Said it was unlike any game he's seen before (gameplay wise).

That's some good signs for Nintendo.
NPR? and Red Steel needed a little bit of polish

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
I'm basically 100% sold on the DSL (something I never though I would say), but my opinion of wii has been downgraded for the moment

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
People who are worried about third party support, well just because they didn't mention them during the conference, doesn't mean they aren't there. I mean nintendo said there'd be 27 games playable on the sales floor. I doubt they'll all be Nintendo games.

DS games look great, Elite Beat Agents! Wonderful! And wow at starfox!

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Good, could've been excellent but with the little time they had, they covered a lot imo. Wii's remote makes a clear distinction with ps3's copy, good 1st party lineup planned, not much known about 3rd parties cept the ones we knew like red steel, DS lineup is KILLER.

Definitely Nintendo's best E3 in a long long time.

ioi

Banned
VultureDude said:
what's the general consensus for the Nintendo press conference? good bad, decent, better than last year?

I think the conference itself was ok, pretty strong but why oh why didn't they show some of the games they have at the show?? There must be at least 10 big new games announced on DS / GC and they really should have shown more of them, as well as Mario Galaxies footage!

My threat still stands. If Roll-O-Rama (Tilt'n'tumble) isnt at E3, expect angry emails.

And Im shocked Nintendo didnt bring out DS vs PSP graphs.

"Heres the DS selling twice as much as the PSP. And voer here is the DS software selling 3 times as much..."

ioi said:
I think the conference itself was ok, pretty strong but why oh why didn't they show some of the games they have at the show?? There must be at least 10 big new games announced on DS / GC and they really should have shown more of them, as well as Mario Galaxies footage!

Way better than this year. It was content. Nothing mindblowing, but no $500 price either :lol

Just watched the Red Steel demonstration on GS and I noticed the graphics seem far more advanced than what is being shown on IGN. What Ubisoft Paris showed during the conference, looks to be a more up to date build of the title.

Zilch

Banned
So if I'm playing Zelda: Twilight Princess on my Wii, how will I control the camera's movement? It was not explained during the gameplay demonstration during Nintendo's conference.

Aurora

Zilch said:
So if I'm playing Zelda: Twilight Princess on my Wii, how will I control the camera's movement? It was not explained during the gameplay demonstration during Nintendo's conference.

Very good point.

dkeane

Zilch said:
Good question, I would assume that moving the remote would control the camera, then when you're using the bow or boomerang the camera would follow the cursor.

mattx5

Sonic's gameplay looks great, graphics look good as well - but again, nowhere near the level of the X360/PS3 version (and I guess I should stop hoping for it to be).

The thing is, there shouldn't be any excuse for some of the Wii games (*cough* Tony Hawk) to look WORSE than current gen games.

Super Mario Galaxy proves that Wii is capable of some interesting lighting/particle effects - I just really hope that a year or two from now, Wii games aren't severely outclassed.

Who knows what second stage PS3 games at the hands of Konami or Square-Enix will look like. It seems to me that only Nintendo has a handle on the graphics of their new system right now.

Retro should've blown the gates off the thing man - their artists are INSANELY talented and MP1 was one of the best looking games last gen. They should've been pushing the Wii to the best of their abilities, instead it looks like a GC game. I can only hope that it's because they haven't gotten around to incorporating new assets yet and have been solely focusing on the gameplay.

In any case, Wii is definitely exciting, I just wish that some devs would step it up in the graphics department. I know the system can't compete with X360/PS3 but c'mon - when we have games looking worse than low end GC games, you know there's a problem.

Zelda looks great - though I'm worried about using the remote with it. Any chance that the Wii version will allow both remote use and GC controller use?

Paper Super Mario was a complete surprise and I'm loving it - what a wonderful send off for the Gamecube, and what a great compliment to Super Mario Galaxy :D

Now if only they had shown Smash Bros :(

God, my mind is melting just thinking about how awesome Smash Bros is going to be - I seriously think it's going to be the killer app.

OmegaRed

I'm surprised no one is talking about Day of Crisis to a great extent. I mean, the game is being developed by the people that brought us F.E.A.R and Condemned. I think it has some great potential.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
OmegaRed said:
I'm surprised no one is talking about Day of Crisis to a great extent. I mean, the game is being developed by the people that brought us F.E.A.R and Condemned. I think it has some great potential.

No gameplay footage.

Aurora

OmegaRed said:

QFT!

It looked very interesting and I'm loving the art.

dkeane

OmegaRed said:
Yeah it looks cool, wish there was more info on it. I really like the artwork.
fea_gamepg_disaster.png
ch_disaster.png

Most of the announcements were great, the disappointment was in what wasn't there:

No Jam with the Band
No Game & Watch Gallery 5
No Metroid Dread
No Super Smash Bros. Wii (better have Wario)
No Kaitou Wario

Gawaian

A Link to the Past said:
Most of the announcements were great, the disappointment was in what wasn't there:

No Jam with the Band
No Metroid Dread
No Kaitou Wario
No Starfi 4
Fixed :(

mug

studio810 said:
Good question, I would assume that moving the remote would control the camera, then when you're using the bow or boomerang the camera would follow the cursor.
I noticed one of those center camera actions during the demonstration, but that's a bit obvious.

OG_Original Gamer said:
Just watched the Red Steel demonstration on GS and I noticed the graphics seem far more advanced than what is being shown on IGN. What Ubisoft Paris showed during the conference, looks to be a more up to date build of the title.

See the Red Steel trailer thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99258

I posted comparison pics of the trailer and the demo. In graphics, animation, and AI, there's really no comparison. The trailer is almost 100% definitely a target render.

I'm still buying the game, but hopefully they can make the real game look as good as the trailer, because while right now it looks good, it certainly doesn't look as good as that.

heavenly

A Link to the Past said:

No Jam with the Band
No Metroid Dread
No Kaitou Wario

No playable Pilotwings! I mean, come on. If any game is built for Wii, it's Pilotwings.

heavenly

Ramirez said:
I think that was another flight sim by some no name company,not Pilotwings.

That definitely looked like Pilotwings to me. The red bi-plane. And the level was very reminiscent of the 2nd level on the SNES version? Or the 1st level of the N64 version? I'm not sure.

But still, no need to hide the game away if there are some playable elements there.

Top Bottom