• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I wish Nintendo would either make their own rpg of FF proportions of go ahead and have fire emblem become like Nintendo version of FF (as a srpg of course)

btw we need more jump superstars games, JSS RPG = PLEASE!!

AniHawk

GashPrex said:
where'd virtual console go?
That was my question. No mention of price or anything.

I'm guessing it's gonna be a BAD thing or they still havent finalized exactly how they'll do it. That's fine I guess. I'd rather see their new games at E3.

Emotions

AniHawk said:
That was my question. No mention of price or anything.

I'm guessing it's gonna be a BAD thing or they still havent finalized exactly how they'll do it. That's fine I guess. I'd rather see their new games at E3.

Nintendo said not so long ago that they wouldn't reveal all at E3. So what they said makes sense now.

Amir0x

Banned
Gruco said:
GBA
- Nintendo, being an organization run entirely by retard-communist-crack-addicts, has not made any comment on the US status for Mother 3.

Don't remind me :( It's easily the worst news of E3 so far :(

Johnas

Amir0x said:
Don't remind me :( It's easily the worst news of this conference :(

Dude, sorry about the lack of Mother 3. I feel your pain (to a degree) but about Metroid Dread.

Where you been? You have a lot of updating to do. ;)

EDIT: Whoa, huge post above me. Sorry man!

Amir0x

Banned
Ancestor said:
Dude, sorry about the lack of Mother 3. I feel your pain (to a degree) but about Metroid Dread.

Where you been? You have a lot of updating to do. ;)

What!? Didn't you just see my post above!? THATS NOT ENOUGH UPDATING FOR NINTENDO SIDE? *bolts break, meltdown*

Johnas

Amir0x said:
What!? Didn't you just see my post above!? THATS NOT ENOUGH UPDATING FOR NINTENDO SIDE? *bolts break, meltdown*

Forgive me, bro.

That's a great summary, btw, seriously. Glad to know I won't be the only Cube Zelda buyer this fall. ;)

Emotions

Amir0x said:

Hey Amir0x you forgot to add a couple of games the Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon Games:
1-Pokémon® Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team for DS
2-Pokémon Mystery Dungeon:
Red Rescue Team for GBA
3- Baten Kaitos Origins GC
4-Chibi-Robo™: Park Patrol DS
5-Clubhouse Games™ DS
6- Tenchu: Dark Secret DS (published by Nintendo)

Nallen

Amir0x said:

You may want to toss in the Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles games for DS and Wii as well.

Emotions

"Children Of Mana" is being published by Nintendo in the US like the Sword of Mana game. So you might like to add it to the list as well.

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
Well you should really include the Animal Crossing Wii stuff Reggie spoke of.

Tennis being auto-movement is a bummer. That makes it just a step above the unlockable Wario Ware Touched ping pong game where each player uses one of the shoulder buttons. I wonder if it will be an option, though. Allowing for movement through the analog stick or even just movement of the wiimote seems trivial.

Dr.Guru of Peru said:
I want to play the new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. but was an entire new system really necessary? I wish they could have release some sort of peripheral for the gamecube.
http://wiki.joshuajamesslone.name/t...+the+Revolution+as+an+expansion+for+GameCube?
Myself said:
Sure, they could release some sort of package that had the revmote, 512 MB flash storage, RAM, USB ports, and a wifi expansion for GameCube... but that would probably cost nearly as much, give you no CPU/GPU upgrade, the RAM would be slower, they'd lose the opportunity to have a fresh start with a new look and name, not be able to use full-size DVDs, and turn out like every other system add-on.

BorkBork said:
What is with Nintendo repeated hinting there are more secrets to come? I don't think they're talking about the price of launch date either.
Considering the speaker thing, that rumor about some sort of basic lighting on the controller seems more believable. Though it seems they'd have been best revealed as a pair.

PC Gaijin

Finally, thanks for the summary Amir0x, I've been waiting for that rather than wading through all the ridiculous fanboy bickering the three conference threads have generated. So happy to see that TP is still getting a Cube release since I'm not entirely sold on a Wii yet (and won't be until the price is revealed). I also missed Super Paper Mario since I was blinded by all the platforming goodness coming for the DS. And speaking of the DS...system of the show by far. So many damn good games coming. Good ol' 2D platforming reborn! I love it, it's been far too long Nintendo, about damn time and now you're drowning us with platformers (not that I'm complaining!). :D

Also, I <3 FFIII DS. Quite disappointed with the direction that FFXIII appears to be taking, but FFIII and XII will make up for it.

Socreges

Banned
Unless SMG makes it for the launch window and is OMG MUST HAVE (which means I would buy the system for it) then I'm just going to get the GC Zelda. The Wii additions don't sound all that tempting.

Emotions

Nobody has commented in that horror game Necro-Nesia by Spike seems you control the flashlight with the wiimote , i wonder if it's a Wii exclusive, it seems interesting.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
I hope Nintendo saved the "Holy-Shit-I've-Never-Seen-This-Before-It's-Only-Possible-On-Wii" games for the second half of their unveiling whenever they decide to show everything else. Nintendo's stuff looked good - to be sure, I'm way more interested in the Wii than 360 or PS3 at this point - but it didn't blow me away with NEW ideas like I'd hoped.

SpiffyG

DjangoReinhardt said:
I hope Nintendo saved the "Holy-Shit-I've-Never-Seen-This-Before-It's-Only-Possible-On-Wii" games for the second half of their unveiling whenever they decide to show everything else. Nintendo's stuff looked good - to be sure, I'm way more interested in the Wii than 360 or PS3 at this point - but it didn't blow me away with NEW ideas like I'd hoped.
What second half of their unveiling?
WISHFUL THINKING

Emotions

DjangoReinhardt said:

We'll get more Wii surprises along the road and there's TGS as well.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
SpiffyG said:
What second half of their unveiling?
WISHFUL THINKING

They're just going to announce the price, launch date, and VC details in a no-frills press release? :lol

Amir0x said:
&#9679; Nintendo reveals that Zelda: Twilight Princess will be released in TWO different SKUs. One is for Gamecube, that will play exactly like God always intended. The other is the "enhanced" frankenstein-esque creation that combines the Gamecube title with wiimote functionality - sword swinging, arrow shooting and more. Choose which one you want this Fall! (L)

I've been gone for most of the day and don't know what's going on now.

When I was here earlier, everyone seemed to be all for the enhancements in the Wii version of Zelda. Was new information released that turned public opinion the other way? Or is Amirox just being his usual contrary self?

polg

this is what the conference looked like from Warioland...
143673242_1ac1a6b240.jpg

143669995_7b0482c9aa.jpg

143671129_976f8534cd.jpg

IGN give their thoughts on the press conference

IGN said:
I would give the overall power of the media briefing about a B- since there was some great stuff to see, a few things that were seriously lacking, but an overall decent effort. It's just a tough thing to face, since we were all hoping for an A+ effort, and it just didn't come out that well.

Beezy

This is what Bozon thought of the conference.

Bozon IGN said:
The Glass is Half Empty:
-No Super Smash Bros? When you promise a launch title, it would be nice to at least comment on it when it doesn't show up.
-Rehashed footage. Why did we see the same video clips over and over again? Was there really a shortage of quality film?
-Technical difficulties: More than half of Red Steel's presentation wasn't shown. Yikes.
-Nintendo Sports. It may be basic for a reason, but it seriously looks like a joke. I gave Top Spin 2 for DS a 2.0 out of 10, and the overall presentation of that blew away Wii launch titles? I know it's simple for a reason, but this is still a next-gen system. Weak.
-No comment on huge games. Where was Super Monkey Ball? Metal Slug Anthology? How about Trauma Center?
-No Virtual Console details. Are you insane?
-Metroid prime looked only a tad better. At least it plays awesome!
-No price point.
-No launch date.
-Footage quality was weak. Red Steel actually looked worse at the conference.

The Glass is Half Full:
-I've played Tony Hawk, and it's a blast.
-Mario. Nothing more needs to be said.
-Zelda looks great. The fact that it will be a "Wii Launch Title" of sorts will help a ton.
-The games looked fun to play. Plain and simple.
-Excite Truck will kick my ass and take my name.
-27 titles to play tomorrow? That's a TON of potential.
-Metroid still looks like a blast to play.
-100 DS titles? Wow. Some of it looks great, too.
-24 Hour Connection. Lots of potential.
-Despite the looks… everything still had a great potential to be FUN to play. In the end, that is what will make or break the system.

Does this mean that SSB is still a launch title? Will Trauma Center be one of the 27 playable games?

I knew Tony Hawk and ExciteTruck looked fun. Screw the graphics whores.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Beezy said:
He's been around Yamauchi for too long. :lol
Yamauchi didn't actually slap anyone, he had people do it for him. :D

Beezy said:
Does this mean that SSB is still a launch title? Will Trauma Center be one of the 2 playable games?
EGM said 2007 so I stopped thinking it would be a launch title.

Timbuktu

Does anyone know whether Wii Sports going to packaged as one game (budget title hopefully), individual games (i hope not)? They would be the perfect stuff to package with the console at launch.

Somebody has simply GOT to make a gif out of Miyamoto dancing and flailing his arms in front of the first gamesreel at the beginning. The segment right after he conducts the "orchestra"

At times he was trying to look like he was playing the game, but mostly, he was just dancing :lol

civilstrife said:
Somebody has simply GOT to make a gif out of Miyamoto dancing and flailing his arms in front of the first gamesreel at the beginning. The segment right after he conducts the "orchestra"

At times he was trying to look like he was playing the game, but mostly, he was just dancing :lol

nintendo0365lk.jpg

I can't WAIT for him to post the rest of his pics ;)

Timbuktu said:
Does anyone know whether Wii Sports going to packaged as one game (budget title hopefully), individual games (i hope not)? They would be the perfect stuff to package with the console at launch.

Afair they said that it is going to be one game (Golf + Baseball + Tennis).

Top Bottom