• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Psyclone

Sorry if this has been mentioned in previous pages or or other threads, but, is there any news on the DS Lite European release date?!

BorkBork said:
They really should have had the Zelda demo at the end of the conference though.

Err is this document old?
http://press.nintendo.com/e32k6/News/ADI-Nintendo_PR_2006-5-8Approved.pdf
Details about the controller.
I hadn't seen that. Interesting. The Wii Remote and Nunchuk attachment use an ADXL330 iMEMs accelerometer. Search for ADXL330 and there are quite a number of results.

This seems to be the main product site. It looks like on that page they can be purchased in bulk (1000-4999) for $5.45 apiece.

The ADXL330 is a small, low power (200µA at 2V) 3-axis iMEMS® accelerometer complete with signal conditioned voltage outputs on a single monolithic IC. The product measures acceleration with a minimum full-scale range of ±3g. For tilt sensing applications it measures the static acceleration of gravity. It also measures dynamic acceleration resulting from motion, shock, or vibration. The ADXL330 is available in a small 4 mm × 4 mm × 1.45 mm, 16-lead, plastic LFCSP.

# Applications: Motion and Tilt sensing in Mobile Devices
# Handsets
# Motion-Enabled Gaming Devices
# Disk Drive Protection Systems
# Sports and Health Devices

Has anyone noticed any press releases about the sensor bar?

Jonnyram

For great justice:

excite9dy.jpg

Here's an article from late last year about the ADXL330. Here are the bits most interesting to us:

"This is the first three-axis motion sensor accelerometer…and the first single-chip three-axis MEMS accelerometer with signal conditioning and circuitry together on the same chip," said Mack Lund, the company's product marketing manager for micromachined products. The chip's mechanical sensing structures allow it to offer low power in a small package while also providing stable performance over its temperature range, he said.

In addition, the device's low supply voltage, from 2.0 to 3.6V, benefits battery-powered applications, Lund said. "If users only need to use this for short periods of time or they want to duty-cycle it, they can get even lower power than best-in-class," he said. The device can turn on in 1 msec, take a measurement, and turn off again to save power, he said.

The ADXL330 is now sampling and costs less than $2 in high volume, according to the company. It is slated for volume production during the first quarter of next year.

I just want to know what Nintendo was thinking missing key titles.

-Orchestra Demo (WTF?!? You open your conference with that and just....!!!.....)
-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Demo (This game is huge for Nintendo)
-Super Mario Galaxy Demo (Honestly, Nintendo...lost opportunity....a freaking MARIO game)
-Sonic Wild Fire Demo (One of the better looking titles)
-Madden 07 Demo (Honestly, this is a huge coup in your favor)

Games they did demo properly:

-Red Steel (Sadly, this game looked like crap)
-Wii Sports (Probably the highlight of the press conference - note: press conference, not games AT the press conference)

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Nintendo basically failed to show off a lot of titles, and those that they did show off didn't look that great. Bozon was right - some of it was plain shit.

At least Dunk Hunt is going to be there, but it will probably look worse than the original

Rocked

-Nintendo Sports. It may be basic for a reason, but it seriously looks like a joke. I gave Top Spin 2 for DS a 2.0 out of 10, and the overall presentation of that blew away Wii launch titles? I know it's simple for a reason, but this is still a next-gen system. Weak.

:lol What an idiot! It's a budget game that didn't cost much to make and wont cost much to buy, just like the Brain Training software. Talk about completely missing the point. It's not meant for you, it's meant for non-gamers who will enjoy the friendly and simple presentation.

The sports games look charming and I'm glad they went with this back to basics look instead of making it more realistic or shoving Mario all over it. Especially if you can design your own faces (can you?)

methodman

Banned
Rocked said:
The sports games look charming and I'm glad they went with this back to basics look instead of making it more realistic or shoving Mario all over it. Especially if you can design your own faces (can you?)

i dont think so.

but i disagree with you about mario; i bet camelot will cook up some great fucking Mario Tennis for Wii.

methodman said:
but i disagree with you about mario; i bet camelot will cook up some great fucking Mario Tennis for Wii.
"Mario Tennis will be cool." and "Wii Sports tennis goes for a simple look that's neither realistic nor full of franchise characters." aren't really opposing viewpoints, though. It's almost like the 3D equivalent of Game & Watch.

E-phonk

Banned
From falafelkid concerning starwars game:
"i am also disappointed because nintendo didnt show the star wars game. i just naturally assumed it would be shown at the press conference. i was wrong about that. i know for sure it exists"

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Mojojo said:
so.. I am guessing the rumored surprise Star Wars Jedi game is in a galaxy far far away..in bogus land?
what makes you think that? expo hasn't even started yet.

Shmmeee

I don't get the hate for Wii Sports, it looks great for the style, I love the simple player models and they just scream customisation. Not sure where I read it, but I've seen rumours that there'll be more sports added, I can't really see what'll work as well as baseball golf anf tennis though, other than more raquet sports.

Shmmeee said:
I don't get the hate for Wii Sports, it looks great for the style, I love the simple player models and they just scream customisation. Not sure where I read it, but I've seen rumours that there'll be more sports added, I can't really see what'll work as well as baseball golf anf tennis though, other than more raquet sports.

Too bad you can't customize them like say your Animal Crossing characters and play sports online with other peoples customized charaters.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Jefklak said:
There was an exclusive star wars game announcement for Wii a couple of days ago
AM I RITE
i already new that.

the poster i responded to was implying that because it wasn't at Nintendo's conference that it never even existed. I was simply pointing out that the expo hasn't even started yet, and that a whole bunch of Wii games not mentioned at the conf are likely to come out of the woodwork; this star wars game possibly been one of them.

knoo

Rocked said:
What is the ping pong game in the Wii trailer? Is that part of Wii sports?

I am very sure it´s part of Wario Ware.
Looks like one of those very simple 2-Player-Minigames, and afterthe Table Tennis some (other) Wario Ware Mingames are shown.

Edit: Uh, beaten...

warioware looks very tiring, i better get in shape it for. :lol :lol :lol

does anyone know if it'll be split screen or whether it supports many players simultaneously?

shibbs

I hope Nintendo will announce (or show) more games these coming days.
There have to be a few suprises considering there will be 27 games playbable on the show.

MrPing1000 said:
I'm telling you Europe is gonna love the Wii, do not underestimate the power of quirky. + The UK eats singstar, dance games, eyetoy etc.

The UK doesn't eat Nintendo though. Let's hope it can change with Wii.

TheGreatDave said:
The UK doesn't eat Nintendo though. Let's hope it can change with Wii.

DS is already improving things. Animal Crossing has been in the top 6 in the charts for a month now. Lots of DS tv advertising still as well (sponsoring Channel 4 comedy programs good idea)

MrPing1000 said:
DS is already improving things. Animal Crossing has been in the top 6 in the charts for a month now. Lots of DS tv advertising still as well (sponsoring Channel 4 comedy programs good idea)

It's a shame those adverts on the Channel 4 comedy programmes are so damn horrible. Honestly, I can barely stand to watch them.

The DS' performance is promising, but the GBA always managed to do well too. Wii will be different.

Taker666

Nintendo's major problem in the UK is shelf space and instore promotion, they just won't pay for it like the others.

PSP gets 3 racks in my local HMV, DS shares 1 with the GBA and GC.

rod

Banned
im not gonna shift thru all the replies but im guessing from the lack of OMFG NiGHTS 2!!!!11 and the like, that no NiGHTS game was even mentioned :(

Top Bottom