• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

bachikarn said:
So when are stores going to start taking pre-orders for Wii? After they release date and price info?

Nintendo hasnt even announce a price yet for the system. IT seems like they're holding back some things for some reason

gamergirly said:
Nintendo hasnt even announce a price yet for the system. IT seems like they're holding back some things for some reason
Nintendomination? They may be sore about the EGM leak, is the only feasible reason I can think up.

That is, unless they're working on a way to lower the price [/high hopes].

Members on the show floor, have you seen any indication of online gameplay at launch, and how it will work (gamertags, voice chat, etc.)?

Hey, I can dream.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
gamergirly said:
I think Nintendo saw what happened to Sony when they announced their price... then proceeded to laugh their butts off ;)

Amir0x said:
Yeah, that DEFINITELY needs to change. That's actually a deal breaker right there; I ain't paying constantly for batteries.

You use a Wavebird? The batteries have never been a problem for me, as the battery life is exceptional.

NetMapel said:
I think Nintendo saw what happened to Sony when they announced their price... then proceeded to laugh their butts off ;)
Yeah seriously, after the Sony debacle of announcing the price, more people are concerned about the price itself then the actual games. Nintendo was wise to steer clear of that.

Blacklion

You use a Wavebird? The batteries have never been a problem for me, as the battery life is exceptional.
I agree with you whole heartedly ...however ... the wave bird did not have to emit sound or cause vibration .. this will surely pull from the battery juice more so than the wave bird.
:(

that said .........

I'm still gettin one on launch day

Blacklion said:
I agree with you whole heartedly ...however ... the wave bird did not have to emit sound or cause vibration
I have a Logitech wireless controller with rumble for the PS2, and it lasts 50+ hours.

Get yourself some 15-minute rechargeables and the charger and you're golden.

Blacklion said:
I agree with you whole heartedly ...however ... the wave bird did not have to emit sound or cause vibration .. this will surely pull from the battery juice more so than the wave bird.

that said .........

I'm still gettin one on launch day

Battery chargers and rechargeable AA batteries are dirt cheap these days. I don't really see why this is such a big deal. AAA batteries would be lighter, but a lot more expensive, and they wouldn't store as much energy.

lancubap

Only one thing: there is a Super Mario Galaxy video and the same for Metroid Prime III.

Super Mario Galaxy look AWESOME (Graphics ? NEXT-GEN !!) and Metroid Prime III has a lot of problem with downloading.

jyx

I have supported Sony since 1996. I have a total of 200 games. And from now on Im gonna support Nintendo. The insane price on PS3 and the complete arrogance. I dont care that the graphics are not HD on the Wii. FUCK Sony! Greedy bastards. I really loved the Nintendo press briefing. Innovation and FUN. Good luck Nintendo!

fallout

Didn't feel like making a new thread for this ... hopefully it doesn't get lost in the noise. I noticed that no one had posted a list of the playable Wii/VC games yet, so I had a couple of the N-Sider crew compile one.

Many thanks to Matt and Jeff, two of our intrepid E3 goers, for compiling a list of all 27 playable Wii games and the playable virtual console games.

Wii titles:

Remote Pointer Demo: Table Tennis
Remote Pointer Demo: Obstacle Course
Remote Pointer Demo: Shooting
Wii Sports: Tennis
Wii Sports: Golf
Wii Sports: Airplane
Wii Sports: Baseball
Wii Music: Orchestra
Wario Ware Smooth Move
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Excite Truck
Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
Red Steel
(Activision) Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
(EA) Madden NFL 07
(Hudson) Bombermanland
(Konami) Elebits
(Namco) One Piece
(Namco) SD Gundam
(Namco) Final Furlong
(Namco) Dragonball Z Budokia Tenkaichi Z
(Sega) Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
(Sega) Sonic Wild Fire
(Spike) Necro Nesia
(THQ) Spongebob Squarepants

Virtual console games:

Bonk
Super Mario World
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Bros
Sonic the Hedgehog
Source: N-Sider

Amir0x

Banned
ghostlyjoe said:

Yes, and I eventually STOPPED using Wavebird on the sole point that I'm not going to constantly be changing batteries, regardless of whatever 'exceptional' life it has.

Not only that, Wiimote has rumble, speaker, all those extra features that make it 'special'... and that shit is gonna suck up mucho battery life. Even if they manage to get 40 hours out of it, it's a terrible idea. They better change that prototype and include rechargeable batteries with every Wii controller, or else that's the supreme example of being cheap. Deal breaker total. especially when you consider that most people will need multiple Wii controllers.

lancubap

fallout said:
Didn't feel like making a new thread for this ... hopefully it doesn't get lost in the noise. I noticed that no one had posted a list of the playable Wii/VC games yet, so I had a couple of the N-Sider crew compile one.

Source: N-Sider

THANKS !! Nintendo rocks the world !!

Matlock

Banned
Amir0x said:
Yes, and I eventually STOPPED using Wavebird on the sole point that I'm not going to constantly be changing batteries, regardless of whatever 'exceptional' life it has.

What the hell are you blathering on about?

Batteries in the Wavebird last MONTHS.

"but matlock, the rumble! and the speaker!"

I have a Logitech Wireless for my PS2. Max rumble. I play it quite frequently, and haven't had to change the dollar store batteries I put into it since November.

No-fucking-vember.

My point is, all these extra "features" don't mean a damn thing in the long run--at the worst, you MAYBE would have to change batteries every month and a half. MAYBE. It ain't a Game Gear, that's for sure. :p

Xellotah

NetMapel said:

I think nintendo saw what happened at Sony and decided to add $50 to the WII launch price, or at least they are thinking about it. :p

Amir0x

Banned
Matlock said:
What the hell are you blathering on about?

Batteries in the Wavebird last MONTHS.

"but matlock, the rumble! and the speaker!"

I have a Logitech Wireless for my PS2. Max rumble. I play it quite frequently, and haven't had to change the dollar store batteries I put into it since November.

No-fucking-vember.

My point is, all these extra "features" don't mean a damn thing in the long run--at the worst, you MAYBE would have to change batteries every month and a half. MAYBE. It ain't a Game Gear, that's for sure. :p

Thanks for your ridiculous anecdote, but uhm... the Wavebird time is not measured by months, but hours. I had my Wavebird die many different times which is why I eventually gave up on it even though it was more comfortable. And I didn't imply it's a Game Gear. But I play games often, and changing batteries like this? A fucking atrocious idea. Sorry.

sonikokaruto said:
the problem with rechargeable batteries... is that, that you have to recharge them (2 or 3 hours maybe?) and with AA swap and go.

That's not a problem, that's a virtue.

Matlock

Banned
Amir0x said:
Thanks for your ridiculous anecdote, but uhm... the Wavebird time is not measured by months, but hours. I had my Wavebird die many different times which is why I eventually gave up on it even though it was more comfortable. And I didn't imply it's a Game Gear. But I play games often, and changing batteries like this? A fucking atrocious idea. Sorry.

*scratches head*

:lol

Amir0x

Banned
Matlock said:
*scratches head*

:lol

I'm sorry I know we're in masturbation Wii mode but this is a dumb idea. Nintendo should not cheap out, they should include rechargeable batteries. That easy.

Penguin

Well, I just want to say. I actual like the whole tilt thing in the analog controller. I think its being put to good use in most games.

Like sheild bashing in Zelda. Grapple beam in Metroid. Door turning in Red Steel. Spin Attack in Mario.

Granted it doesn't do much but I think it could add nice little features to games without making them more complex.

Also the Wiipeople or Wiiples as friends call them. The little people in WiiSports and Wii Orchestra that look like the logo.

Amir0x

Banned
Himuro said:
Why are people updating this thread with news when it has 30483 posts? I'm not reading this.

Why not make a new thread if it does not partain to the Nintendo conference?

News is all updated into the BIG OL E3 SUMMARY thread anyway

Amir0x

Banned
Himuro said:
Ami I just can't catch up. I'm overwhelmed by all of this news. I don't know where to start. I want new game announcements.

*looks through gamespot*

to start? It's all carefully organized into the first post here:

Click

lancubap

NEWS: E3 2006: Twilight Princess In-Depth (IGN.com)

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707152p1.html

A little part:

IGN said:
Let's cut to the chase: yes, it sure works. When I initially heard that Nintendo was adding Wii controller support to my most anticipated videogame, I was worried. After all, Zelda titles aren't really about pointing and clicking and more about fighting and puzzle solving. I had a feeling sword-slashing freehand controls would feel gimmicky in a third-person game and ultimately be far less accurate than the traditional lock-on/button control. In hindsight, I should have had more faith in Nintendo's Zelda team. The developer smartly integrated Wii pointer and nunchuck control to deliver something that not only works, but feels fresh.

Vieo

I thought there were 27 Wii games on the show floor. There should be 27 sets of pictures and hands-on impression by now. I don't know who's working in the field to bring back information, but they need to speed it up. Pronto!

japtor

Vieo said:
I don't know. Ask a programmer. :lol
i know someone that does mac versions of a bunch of emulators, he used codewarrior up until recently (had to switch to apples xcode because the switch...and metrowerks sold off their intel compiler stuff or something right before the switch annoucement). iirc the ppc code output is pretty good performance wise, much better than gcc (although its catching up). im not sure how it compares to ibms xlc compiler though, or if that could be used within the codewarrior environment. i assume the environment is pretty mature, its been around for a long time, so comparison wise it probably just comes down to personal preference vs other programs.

e3-2006-light-gun-shell-revealed-20060510113630447-000.jpg

e3-2006-light-gun-shell-revealed-20060510113939213.jpg

OMG.....

shibbs

I've just seen the Mario galaxy and Metroid Prime videos and I'm all hyped again! After the conference I was a little let down by the fact both weren't properly shown.

But they both look great and especially fun. Metroid's graphics might be not be that great but maybe Retro doesnt have it running on the final devkit yet?

lancubap

norinrad21 said:

He has not seen Mario, Zelda or Sonic. I have read many Hands-On and this 3 Games are AAA Games it seems.
Metroid is a Enigma (= I don't know).
For the others, I don't know, but I'll found something in the next minutes.

Matlock

Banned
lancubap said:
He has not seen Mario, Zelda or Sonic. I have read many Hands-On and this 3 Games are AAA Games it seems.

I asked my boy in the convention specifically about Mario Galaxy, and he said it was nothing special, visually. You ain't buyin' the Wii for graphics, kids.

Zelda looks amazing. Mario looks amazing. Freaking Sonic looks amazing. Red Steel looks great to me.

And all of those could be launch titles. DANG

Top Bottom