• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo lawsuits aided by fans

lexi

Banned
Mashing said:
I bet you atleast one of the people was from this forum

That's a fairly conservative bet, I'd say 10, at the very least. Either way, Pirates suck, and I'm glad that a beat-down is to ensue.

Mashing said:

I received a half dozen or so emails at work with kiosk piracy leads from what I assume to be GAFfers after I posted in the first thread about this...

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Don't tell Nintendo about my old web site, where I introduce all sorts of pirate multicarts and systems, OK? I have a family to feed!

lexi

Banned
olimario said:
I e-mailed Nintendo about my local mall and sure enough, a week later, the kiosk was replaced.

I hope you feel good! That kind, benevolent shopkeep is now out of a job! Why do you hate America?!

olimario

Banned
It's the right thing to do and it was easy help.
Why wouldn't you help?

lockii said:
I hope you feel good! That kind, benevolent shopkeep is now out of a job! Why do you hate America?!

:lol
The same people ran the kiosk, they just had new merchandise.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
olimario said:
I e-mailed Nintendo about my local mall and sure enough, a week later, the kiosk was replaced.

Did you ever buy a legit copy of Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga?

snapty00

Banned
olimario said:
It's the right thing to do and it was easy help.
Why wouldn't you help?
1.) I'm not getting paid to do it.
2.) There are people at Nintendo who do get paid to do it.
3.) It was probably such a small operation that, legal or not, probably wasn't doing one damn bit of damage to begin with.
4.) It's Nintendo's job, not mine.
5.) I have no sympathy for Nintendo's alleged billion-dollar piracy claims.

snapty00

Banned
olimario said:
cool beans, duderz!
Poor Nintendo. Instead of making that 2 billion dollars a year, they'll have to settle for 1 billion...assuming, of course, that the piracy is actually cutting down on Nintendo's sales to begin with.

And shit, I get paid all this cash for reporting these incidents! I have the best job on the planet!

lexi

Banned
This isn't about lost sales, it's about dilution of trademark.

Somebody selling Mario that isn't Nintendo is a fucking thief. End of story.

Ecrofirt

i called nintendo in fabruary about one in my mall.

The thing was still there a few weeks ago.

Thanks for letting my voice be heard, Nintendo!

Dragmire

My neighbor's kid tripped over my GameCube controller cord while I was playing, causing me to get a Game Over. I reported him to Nintendo and he now makes controller cords in China. But if anyone asks he was just abducted. I mean, in a sense he was.

Nintendo's legal team:

kids.jpg

snapty00

Banned
olimario said:
Why is breaking the law okay to you? Why do you mock those who stand up for what's right?
I don't know. I guess I just inherently have something against a bunch of geeks blindly sucking the cock of a huge company that couldn't give two shits about them. But hey, when Nintendo helps me do something, all will be well. Hell, if Nintendo pays my college tuition, I'll report every worthless piracy incident on the fact of the planet.

olimario

Banned
snapty00 said:
I don't know. I guess I just inherently have something against a bunch of geeks blindly sucking the cock of a huge company that couldn't give two shits about them. But hey, when Nintendo helps me do something, all will be well. Hell, if Nintendo pays my college tuition, I'll report every worthless piracy incident on the fact of the planet.

So selfish. How pathetic.
ITS NOT ABOUT DOING WHAT IS RIGHT... ITS ABOUT GETTING STUFF!

olimario

Banned
Selfish. Why does doing the right thing for someone entail them doing something for you?
Do you never donate money to charity because you don't get anything in return?

snapty00

Banned
olimario said:
Selfish. Why does doing the right thing for someone entail them doing something for you?
Do you never donate money to charity because you don't get anything in return?
:lol The fact that you even compare this to charity exemplifies exactly what I'm talking about.

olimario

Banned
snapty00 said:
:lol The fact that you even compare this to charity exemplifies exactly what I'm talking about.

Fine.
If you saw somebody steal a jacket from a store, set up a booth just outside of that store, and try to sell that jacket for half price, would you tell the polics officer standing 2 feet away? Or would you demand that he first buy you a smoothie and suck your cock?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
olimario said:
Fine.
If you saw somebody steal a jacket from a store, set up a booth just outside of that store, and try to sell that jacket for half price, would you tell the polics officer standing 2 feet away? Or would you demand that he first buy you a smoothie and suck your cock?

I'd consider my own past behavior, determine if I was in any position to judge another for committing the same crime, and would slap myself for even mentioning charity when I'm a spoiled brat who has dogged the "poor" in public.

jiminy_140x143.gif

olimario said:
Fine.
If you saw somebody steal a jacket from a store, set up a booth just outside of that store, and try to sell that jacket for half price, would you tell the polics officer standing 2 feet away? Or would you demand that he first buy you a smoothie and suck his cock?

fixed

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Ok guys, there's 3 reasons here why these guys had to be shut down, 3 main reasons, at least:

#1: They were pirating copyrighted material.

#2: They were selling someone else's copyrighted material for their own personal profit.

#3: Nintendo holds the risk of losing control over its property if it allows them to continue.

Really, you people saying that Nintendo fans are a bunch of suck-ups and that this doesn't do anything are WRONG. These people have no right to do what they're doing; that's why people reported them.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Mashing said:

I sure as hell was one of them (I linked them to that GAF thread from awhile back, anyway :))

One of those damn kiosks opened in my mall today, too.

ge-man

I don't see what the controversy is about people reporting this stuff to Nintendo. It's clearly a crime in this case. What makes this different from people reporting movie and music piracy?

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
The sheer audacity of the people in this thread who are trying to justify piracy while mocking and berating those who report it just caused me to email Nintendo about a kiosk that has been selling these kind of products in my local mall for the better part of a year.

Mall kiosks -1

fallout

Yup. We need more assholes in the world. None of these cock sucking do-gooders who try to do the right thing. Man, life would be so much better if we got rid of the do-gooders .... that gives me an idea! Assholes unite! Let's all go kill the do-gooders, then we'll just kill each other afterwards. That'd be fanfuckintastic!

Seriously, do you guys work for EvilCorp Inc. or something?

karpaty-sheeps1b.jpg

They wouldn't care if Nintendo was not involved in this. But now it's getting "personal", huh? The Mother Brain is getting hurted, oh noes...

Top Bottom