• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Network + Miiverse Thread: RIP Friend Codes, 2005-2012

Yay, I was hoping this thread existed!!

Please feel free to add me or request on Miiverse.

I'll be adding as much as I can and accepting requests, especially posts after mine!

NNID: Kurtly64

Games:
Nintendoland
Sonic Racing
....so far

See you guys in the uhh...plaza, err maybe Miiverse, I guess

Cant add myself, but PM to add: DarthButcher

Edit: I have Nintendo Land, NSMBU, Zombi U, Sega Allstars Racing Transformed, Mighty Switch Force, and Nano Assault Neo.

I'm at a work a the moment so I can't do any more adding/accepting, but I'll jump on immediately after I get off in the morning.

NNID: xenoetry

Nintendo Land
Mario U
Zombi U
Ninja Gaiden
Nanostray
Tekken(when it releases soon)

My NID is CubanBoy.

I currently have NSMBU, NintendoLand, Sonic Racing and Darksiders 2. ZombiU is coming in a couple of days (Amazon).

Been adding people all day. Some of you can't accept requests.

Remember: only add friends via Miiverse "search users" function! Otherwise they will never see an invite.

NNID: Lord_Alfred

Hows Nanostray? Want to get this and Trine

Not trying to sound cheesy here, but it seems a little "flat" without the 3D effect in place. The game itself looks great though, runs smooth, and has nice controls. I think the sound has been amped up in this version, as I dont' remember quite so much going on, but it's been a while since I've played it. IF I could state a real problem, it's that the game does seem more geared toward a more portable style of design, but I guess you could just use the off-screen play if you have an issue with that.

If you like dual stick shooters, I would give it a thumbs up.

rpmurphy

Hows Nanostray? Want to get this and Trine
It's a fairly solid twin-stick shooter, looks great and plays smoothly. But it's a game that's primarily for challenging leaderboards and your friends' high scores as there is not much in the way of narrative or anything like that, if that is of concern.

FSLink

Banned

Remember: only add friends via Miiverse "search users" function! Otherwise they will never see an invite.

This NEEDS to be in the OP. :p

And I posted in the Doc but here's my NNID: FSLink

Ooooohhhhhhh crap. Guess I have some work to do when I get home. No one got the invites from me I assume?

rpmurphy

Yeah, friend requests are only through Miiverse. Adding user IDs from the Friend List is like the old two-way registration system.

Darko

Still sitting on 20 provisionally registered friends. Accept dammit!

ID: Xtortion

youre doing it wrong...
nintendo needs to fix this.

FSLink

Banned
Also OP should add that you need to turn on Friend Requests to be able to accept them, otherwise I have to add you through Friends List and have you add me back without being notified.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also OP should add that you need to turn on Friend Requests to be able to accept them, otherwise I have to add you through Friends List and have you add me back without being notified.

I figured that was kinda obvious, it even asks you when you first set it up IIRC.

NNID : AlexMeloche

Games:
Nintendoland
Should receive (I hope!) NSMBU in the next few days.
Will be getting ZombiU and Sonic Racing in december.

I'll add some of you later, if the Miiverse decide to work... :/

EDIT:
Whaaat, I can add my name on the list? :(

BTW do we know how the icons on the home screen will change? I hate how the damn settings are there. I want to add MSF, black ops 2, or NintendoLand up there!

BTW do we know how the icons on the home screen will change? I hate how the damn settings are there. I want to add MSF, black ops 2, or NintendoLand up there!

They are supposed to update automatically. My guess is they aren't because Miiverse is swamped and currently down or maybe it only updates every so often (24 hrs?) so we haven't hit the first refresh yet.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Man, there's way too many people on that list. 100 friends is the maximum right? But how can i decide between these 165 and more incoming GAF members? :(

Guess it's probably better to wait until they eventually add games i want with online gameplay. All i have is Mario and Nintendoland.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
WinoMcCougar.... add me if you want, I don't really care.

there's a "messages" tab in the Miiverse. The home button on the Gamepad flickers on and off for a second whenever you get a notification (message, friend request accepted, so on).

You send messages via Miiverse, but I don't think there is a notification outside of the Miiverse app. Sometimes the Miiverse app icon does something but I have no idea what that is saying.

there's a "messages" tab in the Miiverse. The home button on the Gamepad flickers on and off for a second whenever you get a notification (message, friend request accepted, so on).

That's disappointing.

It's so crazy you can get a video phone call in game but not a "you ave a text message" prompt.

Here are your hugs \0/ \0/

beanman25

I'll accept any pending requests in the morning.

Will also be buying sonic racing digital, so if anyone wants to race just shoot me a message!

roddur

couple of questions guys

1. how to interact with ppl in nintendo land plaza?

2. does anyone's miivers showing 0 comments for every community?

IrishNinja

i see the list got locked down in the OP, good - hopefully it's cleaned up too. i was half asleep setting this all up so hopefully i can accept notifications or whatever? ill get it going tomorrow for sure.

You think the name will still be available?

And I hate my nick for just having 5 characters

I registered the name through a friend so I could be sure it wasn't taken.

did anyone else do this? i was thinking of offering to hold Nibel-chan and anyone else's spots, just wanted to make sure i could then surrender it to them across whatever region and they dont get locked to my system or whatever. seriously, i only have 2 accounts at the moment, so it's not a problem.

Top Bottom