• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Network + Miiverse Thread: RIP Friend Codes, 2005-2012

Margalis

Banned
Miiverse is basically a website embedded into a web view container, with all the content being handled server side. Same thing with the eShop. I'm pretty sure this was mentioned in an Iwata's Ask. The reasoning behind it was that it allowed the developers and designers to add new content or tweak the design without sending an update to the user. I guess this is why Nintendo focused on the browser so much, since it basically drives their most ambitious feature on the platform.

Yeah, makes sense in a lot of ways. Then you can hire web guys to do it rather than app guys and it forces you to make the browser good.

And you're supposed to be able to use some of these features on other devices eventually.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, makes sense in a lot of ways. Then you can hire web guys to do it rather than app guys and it forces you to make the browser good.

And you're supposed to be able to use some of these features on other devices eventually.

If someone would inspect the packets and take a look at them, we could find the website out now actually.

NNID: Wesker
Games: ZombiU, NSMBU, Nintendo Land, Ninja Gaiden 3, Epic Mickey 2, Sing Party, Game Party Champions

Please add GAF to your invite and I will accept.

Teknoman

I'd like to know how.

NNID = Mudkips.
Have NSMBU Zombi U Nintendo Land

So far, the only way I see is to press home and go into Miiverse at the exact shot you want to take. You have the option of posting a comment with whatever was on the TV/gamepad when you pressed home.

Banned
I added a lot of ppl from this thread but I did it through friends list instead of mii verse so I need to go home after work and do it through mii verse so I can send the message that I'm from Neogaf. Should take awhile lol. If anybody is getting a friend request or notification from Tenkay23 just add me back!

matthwq

Banned
Probably super old, gosh I DUNNO, but is anyone else's WaruWaru plaza still just full of boring Nintendo bots saying "Connect to the Internet to find out more!" around boring utility application icons? Where's the random people talking about Mario on my system?

(I have updated my system and MiiVerse works, sporadically, for Mario and NintyLand, so I'm not sure why it's not doing the same for the main plaza.)

EDIT: Oh, and add me! My name is matthwq.

Pineconn

NNID is Pineconn. :D Feel free to add me. (No one will.)

Also proud of the fact that I snatched up Reddit and Facebook. Google was taken. :(

kiryogi

Banned
posting from my wii u!

anyway updating with my gamelist

and again NNID: kiryogi

owned games
nintendo land
warriors orochi 3 hyper

Margalis

Banned
MiiVerse is pretty cool, I love the general friendly vibe and fun pictures.

It really does illustrate the difference in audience and attitude of the platform holder. If this were an XBL service 90% of posts would be people calling each other "fags."

Thoraxes

My NNID is Thoraxes

Edit:
Also, I probably Should've put GAF in the message after all the requests i sent. It didn't hit me till after I received 3 of them lol

Gonna go through the thread entries tomorrow afternoon

JavyOO7

Feel free to add me. NNID is JavyOO7. O's not zeros.

I only have NSMB right now but plan to get more online oriented games in the future. =p

IrishNinja

Please either include your Gaf username or mention that you are from GAF when sending me a friend request. I'm not accepting requests from people I don't recall.

this! ive a few that i dont know too. speaking of, i should add a message to all the ones i sent out, but at least my name there is the same as here.

Just sent another wave of invites, always including a short note "from gaf"

Q: Since friends already show up on the activity feed, you don't have to "follow" them correct? That's only for members you're not friends with, for example people from the gaming press?

Also, I played a couple of rounds of Black Ops with some people on my friends list last night. I know Freezie KO was in there, and a couple of more people joined after. Was really simple to join their party in that game. Still looking for some more friends, so included my info again below:

NNID:
JacksUsername

Games:
COD Black Ops II
NSMB U
Zombi U
Trine 2
Nano Assault Neo

Trevelyan

Banned
Looking for some friends here!

NNID: Trevelyan

Games: NSMBU, NintendoLand

I'll probably be sending out invites soon, and mention neogaf

How in the world do I include a message in the friend request.. I feel so dumb, haha

Wiz

Yeah, anyone who adds me make sure to add the "from GAF" part.

Once I get home I'll start adding folks. Once again, my ID is "wiz0zero"

The miiverse has such a unique charm to it. I love the drawings and comments people leave. Being able to post screenshots is a really cool addition.

I wish you could create private communities but I don't think Nintendo will ever allow that.

Btw, my ID is: HermanCain2016

Ha.

Add me if you want.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
NNID: Gahiggidy

Please don't add me, I value my privacy.

denshuu

I have a lot of you guys added already just from randomly commenting on your pictures and stuff.

ID: Mad_Goomba
Games: NSMBU, Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed
Whenever these are out: The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Monster Hunter, Injustice

Top Bottom