• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Network + Miiverse Thread: RIP Friend Codes, 2005-2012

Linkhero1

Added a few more people tonight. Miiverse isn't working properly for me so add me if you want :D

NNID: My Username

Games:
Nintendoland
NSMBU
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Medalion

Banned
NNID: Medalion

I have

NSMBU
Nintendo Land
Zombi U
Assassin's Creed
COD: Black Ops 2
Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed

Particularly the last two games, we need more players online pronto

All right, back home from work! Now to see who all added me. And I can do this right here at my PC because of the gamepad functionality. Fuck yeah.

NNID: MidnightScott

Games:
NintendoLand
NSMBU
TTT2
Sonic All Star Racing Transformed
ZombiU

Be aware I'm keeping my Wii U at my boyfriends house and he doesnt have WiFi yet.

Margalis

Banned
Ha ha I go to MiiVerse and look at NSMB and the first message is from Paul Gale with a drawing of how to get a star coin.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Accessing Miiverse a few moments ago:

IMG_20121119_005904.jpg

Lol, so most of these apps are just rendered web views? Interesting. Should make them easier to update if anything.

Also, the lighting in my room totally hides how grimy the GamePad is. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing...

Effect

how about my first question? is it also related to nintendo land plaza?

and miiverse situation feels exactly like peter's 'Curiosity' situation

Sorry I don't know. I haven't had anyone show up in my Nintendo Land plaza. That is Miiverse related as well though. So if that's not working right that could be part of the problem.

Madao

IMG_20121119_005904.jpg

Lol, so most of these apps are just rendered web views? Interesting. Should make them easier to update if anything.

Also, the lighting in my room totally hides how grimy the GamePad is. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing...

i await for the inevitable 500 server error pic.

Aeana

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-aujhDW_Bt00/UKnK0TZ3CRI/AAAAAAAAT00/c6oQszQ6HLg/s912/IMG_20121119_005904.jpg[img]

Also, the lighting in my room totally hides how grimy the GamePad is. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing...[/QUOTE]
It was the same thing with many of the Wii channels.
You could even access the Wii shop channel from a PC browser for a while.

Linkhero1

IMG_20121119_005904.jpg

I don't know what you did to your gamepad but mine's not nearly as grimy as that. Yikes :S

Aeana

Wait, why was the title changed from |OT| to "Thread:"?
I think EviLore once said that |OT|s are only for games on the gaming side. In theory, it should also prevent the thread from being moved to community, so that should be a good thing.

JoeFu

Banned
Anymore cool people want to add me?

NintendoID: JoeFu12

Right now I have NSMBU, NintendoLand, and I'm currently downloading Sonic All-Star Racing (or wahtever it's called). BLOP2 and ZombiU should arrive tomorrow!

Anybody know how the spotpass NSMBU thing works? And what's the deal with recorded videos? Can we watch other peoples challenge runs?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think EviLore once said that |OT|s are only for games on the gaming side. In theory, it should also prevent the thread from being moved to community, so that should be a good thing.

So no off topic |OT|s then? Hrm...

Where did he say this?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Bad gateway is just an HTTP error. Doesn't mean it's a web page, just that it uses HTTP.

The way it's rendered seems pretty typical of the HTML output of servers, though. Right down to the serif font and horizontal rule.

weepy

Just added like 7 of you guys randomly so don't be alarmed if you happen to come across a black mii trying to befriend you, it's probably me.

Agentnibs

I don't post too often but I visit everyday and.have no one to play wii u with in real life, I'd love it if I can and some cool neogaf peeps to my friends list.

Nid: Agentnibs

NNID: TheCongressman

Games: I could only get the console tonight :( I'll be getting NSMBU and Zombi U soon though.

Add me folks! Gotta get Wii U Gaf happening! I'm randomly adding people so be on the lookout.

Ydahs

Miiverse is basically a website embedded into a web view container, with all the content being handled server side. Same thing with the eShop. I'm pretty sure this was mentioned in an Iwata's Ask. The reasoning behind it was that it allowed the developers and designers to add new content or tweak the design without sending an update to the user. I guess this is why Nintendo focused on the browser so much, since it basically drives their most ambitious feature on the platform.

Top Bottom