• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two games that I would like to see on Switch's Launch window are Dragon Quest Builders and Batman Return to Arkham. Both weird choices, I know. I'm interested in DQB but I want it in a portable form and well Return to Arkham would mean Arkham City on the go and that is just fantastic.

Also, I'm mentally prepared for the Switch to become OoS minutes after the presentation, but I will buy the third party games I'm interested in near launch just todo show support. Can't wait for Switchmas!

I also wonder if we see NBA Live 17, rumored to be launching on all consoles during March Madness and include NCAA teams.

Please no. Live is not going to be as relevant as 2K, I'd rather EA spend their time bringing FIFA and Madden over to the Switch, you know, the actual important sports games they have.

I'd buy FIFA for sure.

I have some thoughts about the Switch's appeal I'd like to share.

I was having a conversation with my father the other day and the Switch came up. I was sitting on the couch playing my 3DS and he asked me if I could put it on the TV (since those screens are so small, according to him). I said no, you can't do that with this system. He thought that was weird, "You know they have the ability to do that," he said, "so why don't they?" I told him that for this particular system it wouldn't look great on the big screen since this little system can only look so good on a little screen, in layman's terms.

He then asked it you could put a phone or a regular tablet up on the TV and play your games, and again I said you can't really do that plus even if you could most of the games are for touch screens and wouldn't work well on the TV. As an avid TV watcher, my Dad thought this was the dumbest thing ever and said that if you have the technology to put it in your pocket, the technology should exist to put it on the big screen and play it from your recliner.

He had never heard of the Switch, of course, so I explained the concept to him and said "About time, that's how it should work."

I thought this was an interesting take coming from somebody who doesn't play games at all. I think it shows that the basic concept of the Switch can resonate and make sense in the most fundamental of ways with an average consumer.

I haven't tried to explain it to my parents yet, but they were a little impressed with the Wii U GamePad. My dad was legitimately surprised to see me continue to play Smash on the thing when he wanted to watch TV. The Switch, which blows the Wii U out of the water, will definitely make a big splash with my family. My parents will be surprised for sure, I can see all my younger cousins (I have a lot) going googly-eyed for it, too.

Please no. Live is not going to be as relevant as 2K, I'd rather EA spend their time bringing FIFA and Madden over to the Switch, you know, the actual important sports games they have.

I'd buy FIFA for sure.

I haven't tried to explain it to my parents yet, but they were a little impressed with the Wii U GamePad. My dad was legitimately surprised to see me continue to play Smash on the thing when he wanted to watch TV. The Switch, which blows the Wii U out of the water, will definitely make a big splash with my family. My parents will be surprised for sure, I can see all my younger cousins (I have a lot) going googly-eyed for it, too.

I agree. But I hope Madden doesn't come out until August.

If we are only getting one EA game at launch. I would assume it is Fifa. It has the most worldwide interest. But a Garden Warfare game make alot of sense to me as well.

jmizzal

I don't think Madden will be at launch. It would be pointless as the season and the Super Bowl would already be over. Most likely, many players won't even be on the same teams anymore due to contracts ending. Releasing Madden in March will be sabotaging its chances of succeeding. It would make much more sense to wait to release Madden 18 day and date with the other platforms.

I doubt Madden is launch, I think EA will go with FIFA at launch and then Madden 18 in Aug

EloquentM

aka Mannny
If a 2D metroid ever comes to switch my life is complete. I'd buy an extra copy for a gaffer or a friend new to the series (if this one was good)

Why people are asking or predicting for Borderlands 2 when there are Borderlands: Handsome Collection?

It could be the Handsome Collection. IMO though Borderlands 2 is the "class" of that series, and garners the most interest.

Handsome Collection would be the preferable option. But if we are only getting one. It should be Borderlands 2.

CPCunha

Oh man the next 10 days gonna feel like a whole month, i'm so excited!

I was thinking about how to organize my collection and how close it is to move my WiiU stuff to the "past generations" drawer... and it got me thinking about Switch's game boxes. I'm hoping they're small, maybe the size of the 3DS ones, but thinner... the vita game package is tiny and i'd love to see Nintendo doing something with those proportions, it makes me think of old Famicom games. It also made me think how shitty it is to be living outside USA and having to go digital... i love my GC, Wii and DS collection but during the WiiU life i transitioned to digital and it shows... oh well, it is what it is.

So what you guys expect in terms of physical Switch games packaging?

Yes, specs do affect the cost of porting versus the RoI, but a lot of people are acting like some PS4/XB1 games are simply not doable on the Switch due to specs, no matter how much time is dedicated to porting.

Which is baloney and has been debunked by insiders several times now.

PS4/XB1 games can be ported to PS360. When people speculate on high end games not coming its due to the technical gap being so big, hence the end result perhaps not being acceptable by devs and the effort not being a worthy investment.

jmizzal

I also wonder if we see NBA Live 17, rumored to be launching on all consoles during March Madness and include NCAA teams.

Where did you hear that rumor? I know the big new feature for the next NBA Live and it wasnt NCAA teams, unless that was completely hidden from what I saw.

A lot of people bought into the idea of a home console whose games can be carried out rather than a portable which has a TV out.
Hmm...well that's one way to set yourself up for disappointment, at least in terms of potential support. It'll probably mainly get games from indies, Japanese developers, and Nintendo, with token support from Western developers, if you ask me. Expecting anything different or more isn't the best Idea

Where did you hear that rumor? I know the big new feature for the next NBA Live and it wasnt NCAA teams, unless that was completely hidden from what I saw.

It is talked about in forums on different sports gaming sites.

I know of the feature that we will have leagues at places like Rucker Park and other locales. A new streetball league with stat tracking and everything. Is that the new addition you are referring to?

jmizzal

It is talked about in forums on different sports gaming sites.

I know of the feature that we will have leagues at places like Rucker Park and other locales. A new streetball league with stat tracking and everything. Is that the new addition you are referring to?

I know about those but i'm talking about something else, I signed a NDA so I cant say lol

Im pretty hyped for the Switch. Only thing im not really sure about is the HD space. 128gb with a card max is what we know so far right? With how big games are getting, im worried that even though Nintendo games are traditionally smaller, that will fill up in no time.

Or am i getting worried about nothing?

Im pretty hyped for the Switch. Only thing im not really sure about is the HD space. 128gb with a card max is what we know so far right? With how big games are getting, im worried that even though Nintendo games are traditionally smaller, that will fill up in no time.

It does seem a bit worrisome for digital only purchasers, but since game cards won't need installs it shouldn't be a problem for most people.

PS4/XB1 games can be ported to PS360. When people speculate on high end games not coming its due to the technical gap being so big, hence the end result perhaps not being acceptable by devs and the effort not being a worthy investment.

A lot of people here have said things like, "have you seen RDR2/FFXV/KH3/whatever? There's no way that could ever run on the Switch!" I guess I take those comments at face value even if those people mean what you've said.

Anyway, more efficient APIs and developer support would also help alleviate some problems caused by the gap in raw specs, and according to several insiders this is the case.

Hmm...well that's one way to set yourself up for disappointment, at least in terms of potential support. It'll probably mainly get games from indies, Japanese developers, and Nintendo, with token support from Western developers, if you ask me. Expecting anything different or more isn't the best Idea
I would be perfectly happy with this outcome. HOWEVER, if it was marketed as a handheld in the West, the chances of large Western support would fall off the map. The Japanese games and indies will still come no matter how it's marketed in the West. It's obvious that Nintendo is making the right choice in trying to appeal to Western developers.

Never
He got ninja 'd

Did he really get ninja'd? I feel like even though they are still tweeting both LKD and Rogers got Ninja'd. Despite what they say.

On a Different topic though: Monster Hunter XX. If MH5 is PS4 exclusive, as rumor suggest and 3ds is getting XX the same month Switch is launching, it seems like a Switch version is inevitable right?! Why the heck release the same month as your new system unless it was coming to that system as well.

What is the feeling on that? I've been out of the loop for a month or so.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Yeah this is my big fear. As a digital only gamer, this is almost a deal breaker if 128gb really is the max. Even the Vita, which had pretty small game sizes for the most part, had my 64gb card fill up in absolutely no time. Switch max storage only being double that, when game sizes themselves will no doubt be far more than double that of Vita, is very worrying.

One thing I really hope Nintendo retains with the Switch is Streetpass in some form.

The Switch by itself isn't the most portable system, but I would love Nintendo to move that functionality to a smartphone companion app that would sync back with your Switch.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yeah this is my big fear. As a digital only gamer, this is almost a deal breaker if 128gb really is the max. Even the Vita, which had pretty small game sizes for the most part, had my 64gb card fill up in absolutely no time. Switch max storage only being double that, when game sizes themselves will no doubt be far more than double that of Vita, is very worrying.

I'm not sure if I should worry about that since Nintendo is pretty amazing with their memory compressions but I just realized that it might not be in case with third party games.

It could go either way! It's definitely worrisome if you think about game download sizes on Xbox One and PS4. With how limited the space on the Switch is, I'm honestly wondering if they might take a crazy approach. Something like saying that titles over a certain size can't be made available for download. There has to be some kind of solution because that kind of memory just isn't cheap enough yet.

Either that or Switch really won't be getting the third party support we want it to.

Sponge

Banned
One thing I really hope Nintendo retains with the Switch is Streetpass in some form.

The Switch by itself isn't the most portable system, but I would love Nintendo to move that functionality to a smartphone companion app that would sync back with your Switch.

Agreed. Streetpass is absolutely addicting and I would be sad to see it gone.

Mmm that's an interesting idea. I was hoping they could retain Streetpass functionality somehow without having to take the entire Switch table with you absolutely everywhere .

I don't think it could communicate wirelessly with other phones like the 3DS does, but maybe it could send a GPS location and time log back to Nintendo servers and then match it with other people who were close to you at that time or something.

It could go either way! It's definitely worrisome if you think about game download sizes on Xbox One and PS4. With how limited the space on the Switch is, I'm honestly wondering if they might take a crazy approach. Something like saying that titles over a certain size can't be made available for download. There has to be some kind of solution because that kind of memory just isn't cheap enough yet.

Either that or Switch really won't be getting the third party support we want it to.

I read a developer or insider say somewhere recently that developers could make their games far smaller with little to no immediately obvious differences to the gamer. I'd imagine just compressing the audio files would do a lot for file size and then they could compress some textures on top of that.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
zCleliy.gif

Are we going to get him in Smash Bros for Switch now? :eek: Game Boy Robot for Smash!

Im a little old school and like physical copies...but when Switch was first announced i was thinking about making that my first digital only platform. But im not so sure now...

Guess we will have to wait and see what kind of storage options will be available. Hopefully they talk about that in the press event.

J@hranimo

Banned

128GB definitely won't be the max.

Two games that I would like to see on Switch's Launch window are Dragon Quest Builders and Batman Return to Arkham. Both weird choices, I know. I'm interested in DQB but I want it in a portable form and well Return to Arkham would mean Arkham City on the go and that is just fantastic.

Also, I'm mentally prepared for the Switch to become OoS minutes after the presentation, but I will buy the third party games I'm interested in near launch just todo show support. Can't wait for Switchmas!

I think Builders will depend on how close Builders 2 is to release. Because it's definitely coming as was hinted by the producer and director at the Playstation Awards

Producer Noriyoshi Fujimoto: “We really heard a lot from the fans, such as good points, things they want improved, and we really heard a lot of ‘we want you to make a sequel!’ As part of the Dragon Quest series, I want to live up to the fans’ expectations, but what kind of thoughts do you have about that, Niinou-san? (Laughs.)”

Director Kazuya Niinou: “…There are a lot of things I can’t say unless Fujimoto-san says it, but since we received this selection, I think we have to return the favor with a good game, and I want to work hard to for the time being to live up to your expectations.”

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/dragon-quest-builders-director-next-game-return-favor-good-game

Builders was released in January in Japan. For comparison, Heroes was released in February 2015 in Japan and they followed up with Heroes 2 in May 2016. So, if we see that type of turnaround with Builders 2, then they'll probably just wait for it. Especially since Builders 2 will almost certainly have multiplayer, something that the original lacked. That said, the original Builders is fucking awesome. My second favorite game of the year behind TLG.

J@hranimo

Banned
I love how much you've sped up these commercials. They look a lot goofier that way, which is a good thing!

128GB likely will be the max for internal storage. Micro SD size will likely be a lot larger.

No I meant Micro SD cards as expandable storage. We'll see about the internal storage stuff.

128GB likely will be the max for internal storage. Micro SD size will likely be a lot larger.

Most definitely! The only problem there will be cost. High-end Micro SD cards are currently about $40 for a 128Gb and $179 for a 256Gb. Obviously this will come down over time but at launch it could be a bit worrisome.

I love how much you've sped up these commercials. They look a lot goofier that way, which is a good thing!

There's no reason it shouldn't support 1TB micro SD cards is there?

Edit: When they eventually come out I mean.

No I meant Micro SD cards as expandable storage. We'll see about the internal storage stuff.

The poster you were replying to may have been talking about internal storage, I just wanted to clarify a bit. Right now we've heard 32GB for the base SKU and potentially either 64GB or 128GB for the deluxe SKU.

Most definitely! The only problem there will be cost. High-end Micro SD cards are currently about $40 for a 128Gb and $179 for a 256Gb. Obviously this will come down over time but at launch it could be a bit worrisome.

Yeah I agree it's a bit worrisome for people going digital. It's strange too, as Nintendo often talks about the importance of digital sales. I'm thinking there may be some optional proprietary solution like a wireless storage box or something.

There's no reason it shouldn't support 1TB micro SD cards is there?

Edit: When they eventually come out I mean.

Yeah I would imagine it should support it, even if 128GB is listed as the max. Same thing with the 3DS I guess.

So pumped even though I know the launch will likely not have EVERYTHING i want to play on this thing

I'm learning to accept that now, especially given my amount of free time for gaming. I "want" to be able to buy like 10 games at launch for Switch, but I "know" I'll have time to play about one or two all the way through.

Yeah I agree it's a bit worrisome for people going digital. It's strange too, as Nintendo often talks about the importance of digital sales. I'm thinking there may be some optional proprietary solution like a wireless storage box or something.

I think we've had a conversation about that wireless storage solution before! It would most certainly be a good way around things. Just spitballing here... How possible is it to compress game files so that they "unpack" once downloaded? Maybe Nintendo has some solution in mind that deals less with storage and more with download speeds/sizes?

Xdrive05

What is the standard game cartridge storage size again? And have they said whether or not they plan to expand it in the future?

What is the standard game cartridge storage size again? And have they said whether or not they plan to expand it in the future?

They said the standard cartridge size is 16GB. It seems they may mean that is actually the base cartridge size. Bigger cartridges should be available even at launch.

I think we've had a conversation about that wireless storage solution before! It would most certainly be a good way around things. Just spitballing here... How possible is it to compress game files so that they "unpack" once downloaded? Maybe Nintendo has some solution in mind that deals less with storage and more with download speeds/sizes?

I'm not sure about unpacking or downloading from the internet, since that can affect data caps. This is why I'm picturing a local streaming storage box which communicates directly with the Switch whenever you're in range. It would only be for game storage, so you won't be able to stream games directly from it but it would get around a lot of the concerns people here are having. I think a direct local wifi connection is also a lot faster than something like digital downloads from the eshop.

They said the standard cartridge size is 16GB. It seems they may mean that is actually the base cartridge size. Bigger cartridges should be available even at launch.

I think Emily earlier claimed that Nintendo was recommending 32GB cards. And I think Thraktor made an extrapolation chart which showed that game card storage should max out at around 100GB or higher by the time the Switch launches, at the same manufacturing prices as the game cards used for the DS and 3DS. And then continue to grow during the lifetime of the Switch.

Clessidor

Did he really get ninja'd? I feel like even though they are still tweeting both LKD and Rogers got Ninja'd. Despite what they say.
I doubt anybody got Ninja'd. I think LKD and Emily are just exhausted of leaks.
And OBE1 has still his leak videos online. He just is unregular when it comes to uploading his videos. I think his next video will still come. But really I don't put much attention to it. Just take them because I enjoy the rumour and speculation talk.^^

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
We know the NDA is a thing, so yes, that's the case.

Also: I'm going to post past Nintendo consoles launch lineups in all three territories in the "modern age", so starting with the GBA, in order to have a frame of reference on January 12th/13th. The post will be ready in the next few hours :p

Aaaand I'm going to fulfill my promise now :D

GBA

platform_gba.png

Launch: March 21st, 2001 (Japan) | June 11th, 2001 (US) | June 22nd, 2001 (EU)

Japan

Boku wa Koukuu Kanseikan
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
ChuChu Rocket!
ESPN Final Round Golf 2002
EZ-Talk Shokyuuhen 1-6 Kan Set
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Fire Pro Wrestling
GT Advance Championship Racing
J. League Pocket
Konami Krazy Racers
Kuru Kuru Kururin
Mega Man Battle Network
Momotaru Matsuri
Monster Guardians
Mr. Driller 2
Napoleon
Pinobee: Wings of Adventure
Play Novel: Silent Hill
Power Pro Kun Pocket 3
Super Dodge Ball Advance
Super Mario Advance
Top Gear GT Championship
Tweety & The Magic Gems
Winning Post
Yu-Gi-Oh! Dungeon Dice Monsters

US

Army Men Advance
ChuChu Rocket!
Earthworm Jim
Fire Pro Wrestling
Iridion 3D
Konami Krazy Racers
Namco Museum
Pinobee: Wings of Adventure
Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure
Rayman Advance
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2
Super Dodge Ball Advance
Super Mario Advance
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2

Europe

Army Men Advance
Fire Pro Wrestling
Konami Krazy Racers
Kuru Kuru Kururin
Rayman Advance
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2
Super Mario Advance
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Top Gear GT Championship
Total Soccer Manager
Tweety & The Magic Gems

Gamecube

latest

Launch: September 14th, 2001 (Japan) | November 18th, 2001 (US) | May 3rd, 2002 (EU)

Japan

Luigi's Mansion
Super Monkey Ball
Wave Race: Blue Storm

US

All-Star Baseball 2002
Batman: Vengeance
Crazy Taxi
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Disney's Tarzan Untamed
Luigi's Mansion
Madden NFL 2002
NHL Hitz 20-02
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Super Monkey Ball
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

Europe

2002 FIFA World Cup
Batman: Vengeance
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury
Burnout
Cel Damage
Crazy Taxi
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Disney's Tarzan Freeride
Donald Duck: Quack Attack
Driven
ESPN International Winter Sports 2002
International Superstar Soccer 2
Luigi's Mansion
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Super Monkey Ball
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Universal Studios Theme Parks Adventure
XG3: Extreme G Racing

Nintendo DS

NintendoDS_logo1.jpg

Launch: December 2nd, 2004 (Japan) | November 21st, 2004 (US) | March 11th, 2005 (EU)

Japan

Chokkan Hitofude
Zunou ni Asekaku Game Series! Vol. 1: Cool104 Joker & Setline
Daigasso! Band Brothers
Feel the Magic: XY/XX
Kensyūi "Dokuta Tendo"
Mahjong Taikai
Mr. Driller Drill Spirits
Pokémon Dash
Super Mario 64 DS
The Urbz: Sims in the City
WarioWare: Touched!
Zoo Keeper

US

Asphalt Urban GT
Feel the Magic: XY/XX
Madden NFL 2005
Metroid Prime Hunters – First Hunt (Demo)
Spider-Man 2
Super Mario 64 DS

Europe

Asphalt Urban GT
Project Rub
Metroid Prime Hunters – First Hunt (Demo)
Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits
Ping Pals
Pokémon Dash
Polarium
Rayman DS
Retro Atari Classics
Robots
Spider-Man 2
Sprung! The Dating Game"
Super Mario 64 DS
Tiger Woods PGA Tour
WarioWare: Touched!
Zoo Keeper

Wii

wii_logo_3007.gif

Launch: December 2nd, 2006 (Japan) | November 19th, 2006 (US) | December 8th, 2006 (EU)

Japan

Elebits
Ennichi no Tatsujin
Kororinpa
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Machi-Kuru Domino
Necro-Nesia
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel
SD Gundam: Scad Hammers
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Super Swing Golf
Tamagotchi: Party On!
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Play
Wii Sports
Wing Island

US

Call of Duty 3
Cars
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Excite Truck
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
GT Pro Series
Happy Feet
Madden NFL 07
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Monster 4x4: World Circuit
Need for Speed: Carbon
Rampage: Total Destruction
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Wii Sports

Europe

Barnyard
Call of Duty 3
Cars
Far Cry Vengeance
GT Pro Series
Happy Feet
Madden NFL 07
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Monster 4x4: World Circuit
Need for Speed: Carbon
Open Season
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection
Rampage: Total Destruction
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
Super Fruit Fall
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Wii Play
Wii Sports
Zoo Keeper

Nintendo 3DS

2000px-Nintendo_3DS_logo.svg_.png

Launch: February 26th, 2011 (Japan) | March 27th, 2011 (US) | March 25th, 2011 (EU)

Japan

Bust-a-Move Universe
Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D
Nintendogs + Cats
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D
Ridge Racer 3D
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition

US

Asphalt 3D
Bust-a-Move Universe
Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Madden NFL Football
Nintendogs + Cats
Pilotwings Resort
Rayman 3D
Ridge Racer 3D
Steel Diver
Super Monkey Ball 3D
The Sims 3
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

Europe

Asphalt 3D
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Nintendogs + Cats
Pilotwings Resort
Rayman 3D
Ridge Racer 3D
Super Monkey Ball 3D
The Sims 3
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D

Wii U

Wii-U-01.png

Launch: December 8th, 2012 (Japan) | November 18th, 2012 (US) | November 30th, 2012 (EU)

Japan

Assassin's Creed III
Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition
FIFA 13
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Nintendo Land
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
ZombiU

US

Assassin's Creed III
Ben 10: Omniverse
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Chasing Aurora
Darksiders II
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
ESPN Sports Connection
FIFA Soccer 13
Funky Barn
Game Party Champions
Just Dance 4
Little Inferno
Madden NFL 13
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition
Nano Assault Neo
NBA 2K13
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Nintendo Land
Rabbids Land
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Sing Party
Skylanders: Giants
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Transformers: Prime – The Game
Trine 2: Director's Cut
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
Wipeout 3
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
ZombiU

Europe

007 Legends
Assassin's Creed III
Ben 10: Omniverse
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Chasing Aurora
Darksiders II
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade
FIFA 13
Funky Barn
Game Party Champions
Just Dance 4
Little Inferno
Nano Assault Neo
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
Puddle
Rabbids Land
Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game
Skylanders: Giants
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Sports Connection
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Transformers: Prime – The Game
Trine 2: Director's Cut
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
ZombiU

I think Emily earlier claimed that Nintendo was recommending 32GB cards. And I think Thraktor made an extrapolation chart which showed that game card storage should max out at around 100GB or higher by the time the Switch launches, at the same manufacturing prices as the game cards used for the DS and 3DS. And then continue to grow during the lifetime of the Switch.

I also heard recently that increasing the storage of the game cards shouldn't be nearly as expensive as increasing the storage of something like an SD card. Apparently readable memory is much, much, cheaper than readable and writable memory, which is mostly what should be need for games storage. And if you think about the discs we have now that are just readable, should be good enough.

A smartphone app that's frequently trying to ping for other nearby devices running the same app by wi-fi? Is such a thing even feasible?

Personally as a rural guy I got all of one StreetPass from someone who wasn't friend or family in my first year or so with the 3DS before I gave up on it altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom