• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to see the fallout after its revealed that the Wii U version of BoTW has been cancelled.
Why? Nintendo needs their fans. Best not to piss them off just before launching their expensive new handheld.

Zelda WiiU will be there just like TP was available on GameCube.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
What did LDK say about Obe1?

The only thing LKD said was that she didn't vet all 12 rumors that obe1 was to present.
She just said that she heard the same regarding his first Assassin's Creed rumor, and then obe1 took the extra mile to declare on Twitter that she and Dr Cupcakes had backed every rumor he had, which was false.

Nothing to do with ninjas.

Raet

The only thing LKD said was that she didn't vet all 12 rumors that obe1 was to present.
She just said that she heard the same regarding his first Assassin's Creed rumor, and then obe1 took the extra mile to declare on Twitter that she and Dr Cupcakes had backed every rumor he had, which was false.

Nothing to do with ninjas.
Either he lied about it, or she just didn't want it to be publicly known. It's not far-fetched for them to have talked about rumors, or even for her to have given him these leaks, considering it was just 2 days ago that they recorded a 30 min vid on his channel.

Net

What did LDK say about Obe1?

A4iQbC2.png

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Honestly I wish they had cancelled the Wii U version of BOTW so we could get better texture work
That's rather selfish. Quite a few people bought their wiiUs with the hope of a new Zelda (I'm not one of them).

The 3D Mario game has likely been in development for 3 years now. The reason it hasn't been shown off before now is likely because it was moved from the Wii U before the Switch's announcement.

It was too late for Zelda to be moved over completely because they announced it so early. It's been used in literally ever Switch promotion because it's the only 1st party title that's officially announced. Mario launching in March wouldn't be too surprising.

Plum

"It's a me, Lucio!"

Nintendo costumes in Overwatch would be a no-brainer if I was part of Nintendo's upper management (and the game was definitely coming).

Mario = ????
Peach = Mercy
Link = Genji
Samus = Pharah
Donkey Kong = Winston
Ice Climber = Mei

And probably more I'm not clever enough to think off. After Bayonetta 1 and 2 anything goes really.

Accidentally just swiped the notification off my screen and the tweet is now deleted, but LKD just tweeted at Grant Kirkhope saying 'that super secret thing wouldn't happen to be in two weeks?'

Well then.

My belief that Playtonic will make a DK64 successor continues.

Edit: The Kirkhope tweet she was replying to:

The King's Daughter movie, Yooka Laylee, Dropzone, Peter Panic and still super secret thing I can't talk about yet, it's been busy year!

Plum

Accidentally just swiped the notification off my screen and the tweet is now deleted, but LKD just tweeted at Grant Kirkhope saying 'that super secret thing wouldn't happen to be in two weeks?'

Well then.

My belief that Playtonic will make a DK64 successor continues.

Edit: The Kirkhope tweet she was replying to:

What if he's doing the soundtrack to the next 3D Mario game?

I doubt I'd be able to contain the hype.

Plum

They don't need different composers for that.

I personally don't think he'll do better then Nintendo.

3D world was fantastic.

I guess so, personally I just want that bombastic Galaxy style back, BotW is going more low-key with its music so how about give Mario a full orchestra blaring amazing melodies? The big-band style of 3D World was great but in my opinion it didn't do well for an entire game.

It's Rabbids - she responded to my tweet letter by letter.

Huh... that does bode well. If they can make it more "Rabbids Go Home" and less "Minions: The Movie" then I can see myself liking that game.

Plum

Ugh.

Love Mario but detest Rabbids. Maybe the quality would be great though.

Rabbids Go Home showed that they can work as a character. It would be wise to make the game Mario with Rabbids instead of the other way around, having Rabbids as the main antagonist could work really well as we haven't actually got that outside of a mini-game collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom