• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
- new screenshots on a regular basis
- Nintendo tweets out Zelda art for the holidays
- a three-months calendar with Zelda art
- Fallon but with Zelda
- wonky rumour about sudden problems in QA and translation
- multiple ADS with Zelda saying release in March
- I said so

What else do you need?

Agreed. #TeamSwitchLaunch

tebunker

Banned
But you also have the fact that it's only officially been a "2017" game even though Switch has a launch date, and leakers have said it will miss the launch. Both Laura and Emily IIRC.

It's a pretty balanced "for and against" list.

Switch doesn't have an official launch date yet, just a month. So yeah I guess they could say Zelda is March 2017, but I think they are just covering their butts so they can work on it as much as possible.

Switch doesn't have an official launch date yet, just a month. So yeah I guess they could say Zelda is March 2017, but I think they are just covering their butts so they can work on it as much as possible.

My bad, I meant launch month yeah. This is what I initially thought back in the summer, but after Laura's leaks I'm really starting to doubt it will make March.

I'm on #TeamEverythingOnDay1

Roo

We're gonna be debating until January 12th if Zelda is delayed or comes out in March, won't we?

I won't believe dates until Nintendo officially announces them.
I do know, however, both games 3D Mario and Zelda won't be there at launch. They'd cannibalize the shit out of each other' sales.

Not saying they'll save one for summer or Holidays 2017 but both at the same time? yeah, that's not happening.

MAtgS

The sources that've been saying Zelda isn't a launch game were all european. It might be a NA launch title but EU's gonna be waiting.

Trago

Hmmm... even GameStop has ads for the Switch now and it shows Zelda.

C081maNWQAANqVO.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/Mattmanver2/status/814928998283247621

#TeamApril

Gozert

I won't believe dates until Nintendo officially announces them.
I do know, however, both games 3D Mario and Zelda won't be there at launch. They'd cannibalize the shit out of each other' sales.

Not saying they'll save one for summer or Holidays 2017 but both at the same time? yeah, that's not happening.

I agree. I think they're going to with Mario as a launch game because it has a much broader appeal than Zelda, and release Zelda around a month later (if they can get it out that soon, of course) when the hype of the system's launch is cooling off.

Neoxon

I agree. I think they're going to with Mario as a launch game because it has a much broader appeal than Zelda, and release Zelda around a month later (if they can get it out that soon, of course) when the hype of the system's launch is cooling off.
If the rumors from Laura are to be believed, then we should expect BotW sometime in June.

Scum

- new screenshots on a regular basis
- Nintendo tweets out Zelda art for the holidays
- a three-months calendar with Zelda art
- Fallon
- wonky rumour about sudden problems in QA and translation
- multiple ADS with Zelda saying release in March
- I said so

What else do you need?
#TeamNovember

J@hranimo

Banned
For those living in the UK or have been to GAME, do these look legit?

Edit: looks like my question was answered right below me haha.

Think about it this way. Would Nintendo have shown Zelda as the demo for the mass markets introduction to Switch on Jimmy Fallon if it wasn't going to be ready for launch ? They would have demonstrated Mario Switch had that been the only big day one launch game imo.

People should also not take everything out of ER and LKD's mouths as insider info unless they explicitly stated it as such. Some of it will be opinion and predictions.

I don't think there's anyway some info can possibly be known outside of a few of Nintendo's higher ups so I'm waiting on official info for most things like pricing and launch line ups.

Maybe every launch Switch will ship with a BotW demo or demo code, while the game's proper release will be summer?

That... would be a pretty damn cool thing to do if it isn't there for launch. I'll now be incredibly disappointed if this doesn't happen.

I'm going to be incredibly disappointed.

Neoxon

Think about it this way. Would Nintendo have shown Zelda as the demo for the mass markets introduction to Switch on Jimmy Fallon if it wasn't going to be ready for launch ? They would have demonstrated Mario Switch had that been the only big day one launch game imo.

People should also not take everything out of ER and LKD's mouths as insider info unless they explicitly stated it as such. Some of it will be opinion and predictions.

I don't think there's anyway some info can possibly be known outside of a few of Nintendo's higher ups so I'm waiting on official info for most things like pricing and launch line ups.
Or they're pushing Zelda because it's the only game we've seen a ton of at this point. Assuming the rumors are true, it'll likely be replaced by Mario after January.

Also, BotW missing launch was what they heard from their sources, not an opinion.

Or they're pushing Zelda because it's the only game we've seen a ton of at this point. Assuming the rumors are true, it'll likely be replaced by Mario after January.

But this is exactly the point of the conversation we're having. Do these rumors make sense when game stores are putting up ads saying March?

Neoxon

But this is exactly the point of the conversation we're having. Do these rumors make sense when game stores are putting up ads saying March?
They'll probably just update the banners whenever the actual release date is revealed. It's not like Nintendo ever changed their non-specific 2017 release date.

Still not sure why people care so much about multi-plats. Third party support I can understand, but surely you buy a console for it's exclusives?

They'll probably just update the banners whenever the actual release date is revealed. It's not like Nintendo ever changed their non-specific 2017 release date.

My point is, there are a lot of things happening right now which don't make sense in the context of Laura's and Emily's rumors about BotW missing launch, not just the GAME marketing.

GameStop had it as Q1 2017 in their financial results briefing, Nintendo is doing the whole weekly screenshot/concept art thing, and now GAME has it up as a March launch. It's at least worth discussing that this particular rumor might be wrong. Laura herself even said that all of the official, public info is pointing to a March launch.

Still not sure why people care so much about multi-plats. Third party support I can understand, but surely you buy a console for it's exclusives?

When you can get multiplats like Dark Souls 3 on a truly portable console, that changes things quite immensely from my point of view at least.

Barryman

Seems pretty nutty to believe that Mario, a game we've seen two split-second clips of, will ship before Zelda, a game we have dozens of hours of footage of.

My point is, there are a lot of things happening right now which don't make sense in the context of Laura's and Emily's rumors about BotW missing launch, not just the GAME marketing.

GameStop had it as Q1 2017 in their financial results briefing, Nintendo is doing the whole weekly screenshot/concept art thing, and now GAME has it up as a March launch. It's at least worth discussing that this particular rumor might be wrong. Laura herself even said that all of the official, public info is pointing to a March launch.

When you can get multiplats like Dark Souls 3 on a truly portable console, that changes things quite immensely from my point of view at least.

Yeah, that's great if it happens, but generally multi-plats are just cod and ass creed generic rubbish. If that's your bag, get a PSbone and be done with it, surely?

Plus, Miyamoto a ways back said they MIGHT show it at the next E3.

He said "you may see a new type of Mario game" at the next E3, which doesn't mean there isn't one coming out before then.

Yeah, that's great if it happens, but generally multi-plats are just cod and ass creed generic rubbish. If that's your bag, get a PSbone and be done with it, surely?

But... like I just said, it's the portability that I want. You can't take a PS4 or XB1 outside and game on it.

And anyway I have a PC for the multiplats I like, but again I would MUCH prefer them on a device like the Switch. It's literally the perfect device to suit my gaming habits.

I want one for sure but, I'm pretty OCD about my setup and, given the form factor I literally don't know where to, like... physically place it. It's not component shaped like the other consoles. It's not gonna take up enough space to justify giving it it's own shelf, and it's too tall to place it on top/under the TV. I can't put it next to the TV because speakers. Turning it sideways seems like it would be awkward, placing it behind the TV would leave it out of sight which I don't want.

Also, I know that I have problems. So don't even.

antonz

As stated before. The ADs are using default Press Kit material that has been available since October. They are not an indication one way or another if a title will be at launch or not.

Nintendo took its press kit material and made posters. nothing shocking

Plus, Miyamoto a ways back said they MIGHT show it at the next E3.

Yeap. I've always found that rumor in particular to be specially shaky, consideing the reason of the delay. How massive can the game be that they are having localization issues? I find it hard to believe that a big company like Nintendo would run in a problem with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom