• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmoka

Banned
Add Jack Frost to Smash Bros! Forget I've Climbers!

tumblr_nm6u3cU0y31sjpka3o1_500.jpg

DMONKUMA

So what game could Nintendo announce that would make GAF salty like the Bayonetta exclusive fiasco?

Like the others said a stylish action game from Platinum/Capcom(DMC 5 or Bayo 3) or an exclusive FromSoft game that is similiar to Souls franchise(Nintendo's version of Bloodborne).

Guaranteed Himalayan Salt.

Edit:Yo if Nintendo somehow is able to get a mecha game similiar to Armored Core or ZOE for the Switch.....oh lord.

Trevelyan

Banned
Since being portable would be a major aspect of the Switch, what headphones would you recommend? I currently have a pair of Sennheiser hd598s. Would those work or would the power draw be too high?

Out of all the LKD rumors, I still find BG&E2 VERY hard to believe.
I wouldn't expect that to come out on Switch at all, tbh.
Of games Nintendo could maybe try and get I think some Konami IP like Castlevania or something. Don't see Konami making much after MGS Survive fails

Out of all the LKD rumors, I still find BG&E2 VERY hard to believe.
I wouldn't expect that to come out on Switch at all, tbh.
Of games Nintendo could maybe try and get I think some Konami IP like Castlevania or something. Don't see Konami making much after MGS Survive fails

Same could be said about Bayonetta but look what happened.

Jet Set has never been on Nintendo and it's not a series with a future which seems to be something Sakurai considers

Not to say that Jet Set Radio would get a character in Smash, but "being on a Nintendo console" isn't exactly a criteria of Sakurai's when it comes to including third party characters. He's stated that having some sort of experience on Nintendo's consoles is only "a courtesy", more than anything.

Metal Gear Solid 4 has obviously never been on any Nintendo console, and yet it received some representation within Brawl.

latest

Daimos

Neo Member
If there is 16 new tracks with MK8 Switch, couldn't it just be the DLC tracks bundled with the game? That would correlate to both 'no major additions' and '16 new(ish) tracks'.

18-Volt

So what game could Nintendo announce that would make GAF salty like the Bayonetta exclusive fiasco?

Bully 2
Timesplitters 4
Chrono Trigger 2 (true sequel with art by Toriyama)
Quake 5
Star Wars Jedi Knight 4

Final Fantasy XVI would create Chernobyl levels of meltdown but if Square really do that, they would announce FFXVII for Xbone/PS4 shortly later.

Roo

If there is 16 new tracks with MK8 Switch, couldn't it just be the DLC tracks bundled with the game? That would correlate to both 'no major additions' and '16 new(ish) tracks'.

No, they pretty much said all the 48 tracks found in the Wii U version (DLC included, obviously) + 16 brand new.

Astral Dog

I dont think lots of people care about BGAE tbh,DMC 5 would be a BIG one,but that is most likely multiplatform.

A FROM game would cause confusion but as SONY has them on the lock currently it makes easier for gamers to ignore it.
Tfw New year's eve countdown wasnt for the New Year but for the start of Switch countdown instead.
Happy New Year AK 😀

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I dont think lots of people care about BGAE tbh,DMC 5 would be a BIG one,but that is most likely multiplatform.

A FROM game would cause confusion but as SONY has them on the lock currently it makes easier for gamers to ignore it.

My first thought for a GAF controversy exclusive was Bloodborne 2, if it were possible.

Oregano

How about Valkyria Chronicles 4? Or Valkyrie Profile 3 for that matter?

Pretty much all the suggestions are Japanese

Happy New Year AK 😀

There's a difference between caring about a game and caring if Nintendo gets a game (aka "stealing our games" syndrome). There were way more people complaining about Bayo2 than there were people that actually play that series.

Same thing with the Monster Hunter port begging. How many of those people do you see in MH threads proper? If BG&E happens you're going to see unprecedented mounds of salt. Hell, you still can't make Bayonetta 2 threads without port begging derailment.

Also, people thought Sony had Square Enix on lock but that didn't stop the FF13 meltdowns.

NSESN

I don't think Jack Frost would work as a fighter, but i would like it as an AT, slime would make a good AT too. If Tekken 7 is confirmed for switch i think Heihachi would join the roster.

Astral Dog

You are restating your opinion, wich remains baffling.

Would you mind explaining how gamers would be confused and how that would be relevant?
We were talking Big meltdowns or something like that. Bayonetta 2 had lots of threads with big trucks of salt and tears,and that was a niche title that was saved from the trash can to be exclusive on Wii U.

If FROM were to make an exclusive game on Switch it will raise quite a few eyebrows,but as SONY has them for a few more games fans might not buy a Switch to play the latest Soul like game and instead complain for a port (maybe,it could be different this time o_O)

"Minimal additions to Smash" eh? Let's assume the Switch version contains every stage from both the 3DS and Wii U versions and all the DLC. To bring in double- and triple-dippers, Nintendo surely knows they'll need to add some new characters. So, let's assume they add 6 characters. Why 6? Because it's only one less than the DLC character count. Let's logically figure out who they might be:

INKLINGS: Seems far too obvious to me that Nintendo would want to harness the popularity of Splatoon, especially in Japan. After all, Splatoon was one of only four first-party games shown in the Switch teaser, so Nintendo probably realizes how important the IP could be to them. Gameplay wise, they ooze the creativity that Mr. Sakurai loves so dearly; even a simplification of Splatoon's deep ink mechanics would still make for a truly unique fighter! The costumes would work like Villager, half boy, half girl in various colors. The Inklings would bring a Splatoon stage with them; perhaps Inkopolis?

ICE CLIMBERS: A highly requested veteran that missed out on the 3DS/U games due to technical limitations. Why not show off Switch's increased power by bringing back the duo?

NAMCO REP: Capcom has two reps, as does Sega. Why wouldn't Namco, who co-developed Smash 4 get an additional rep? Most likely, this would be a Tekken character, probably Heihachi. If I'm not mistaken, he was considered for DLC anyway. Regardless, this Namco rep would bring a stage along.

RHYTHM HEAVEN: A series icon for Rhythm Heaven was datamined shortly after the final DLC characters' release. Presumably, if the Gematsu leak was indeed legitimate but outdated, a character was in consideration at one point. If this were to happen, I would personally expect Karate Joe, as he is one of very few characters that have appeared in each of the four Rhythm Heaven games. This rep would bring Rhythm Heaven itself as a stage.

KING K ROOL: Given the massive rally for his appearance as DLC, and the subsequent, conspicuously timed Mii Costume, one can only assume that Nintendo is aware of his popularity. Provided that he did indeed catch Nintendo's eye, he would be a solid addition. Mr. Sakurai would surely see quite a lot of room for a creative move set in K. Rool's history. He would bring Gangplank Galleon as a stage.

RIDLEY: The showstopper. The big bombshell. The sheer shock factor of Mr. Sakurai changing his mind on Ridley would hype up many, many fans. Ridley would not require a stage, but the Pyrosphere boss would not spawn if Ridley is fighting.

What do you folks think? Shoot some suggestions! Try the 6 character format!

Tracer is the face of Overwatch. It's not even a question.

could they add her? she's lesbian (as far as the comic is showing...) and nintendo is quite...special with those topics..

NAMCO REP: Capcom has two reps, as does Sega. Why wouldn't Namco, who co-developed Smash 4 get an additional rep? Most likely, this would be a Tekken character, probably Heihachi. If I'm not mistaken, he was considered for DLC anyway. Regardless, this Namco rep would bring a stage along.

I honestly believe a Tales character would be added, althou, both tales and tekken got mii costumes so...who knows

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Jack Frost would work as a fighter, but i would like it as an AT, slime would make a good AT too. If Tekken 7 is confirmed for switch i think Heihachi would join the roster.

Slime with a standard moveset taken from the Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime games sounds amazing. Special moves would be more generally DQ stuff. Sounds great to me!

But really, if there are two new characters, I fully expect/hope Ice Climbers and Inkling if there is no other Smash game planned for a few years, and I expect Ice Climbers and Wolf or another 3rd party character if Smash 5 is already in the planning stages.

The rumors sound like a good enough amount of content. If you already exhausted Smash 3DS and Wii U, I imagine it'll be very disappointing, but for everyone else, it sounds like a great definitive package of a fantastic, stuffed game.

could they add her? she's lesbian (as far as the comic is showing...) and nintendo is quite...special with those topics..

I honestly believe a Tales character would be added, althou, both tales and tekken got mii costumes so...who knows

Im sure it would be fine lol. Its not like shes gonna start making out with Princess Peach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom