• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Source Gaming were the ones who said 2 additional characters & a bunch of 3DS content, not Laura. All Laura said recently was that MK8's updates were extensive & Smash 4's updates were minimal. It really all depends on what Laura sees as "minimal" & "extensive", though NateDrake did say 16 new tracks.

To be fair, I think Laura's minimal comment probably don't came from her own source so I think she probably based her information on SourceGaming's rumor.

oti

Banned
Source Gaming were the ones who said 2 additional characters & a bunch of 3DS content, not Laura. All Laura said recently was that MK8's updates were extensive & Smash 4's updates were minimal. It really all depends on what Laura sees as "minimal" & "extensive", though NateDrake did say 16 new tracks.

A new battle mode and a new character for MK+ could be "extensive" while the Smash port could be just that, a pure port (with all the 3DS stuff included) and hence "minimal". These 16 new tracks sound wild to me. How could they ever release another Mario Kart with not even half the tracks this Switch version would have on Day One? Are that many tracks even needed for one Mario Kart?

I'm wondering what people here think would be the absolute most monstrous bombshell announcement Nintendo could make at the Switch event (short of going third party of course)?

- Big Switch-exclusive Sonic game with the budget of Generations HD (aka NOT Lost World in budget/scope) Fuck it, make this Sonic Adventure 3
- Microsoft announces that Rare's games are getting Switch ports, such as Viva Pinata, Kameo, and a Banjo Kazooie & Tooie 2-Pack (published by Mojang or a 3rd-party, maybe THQ Nordic, funny enough because THQ published their GBA and DS games...)
- God Eater 3 is Switch-exclusive
- Persona 5 gets a Switch version
- Monster Hunter 5 is Switch-exclusive
- Kingdom Hearts 3 gets a Switch version
- Mario & Sonic platformer (or a Switch-exclusive Sonic game) by Yuji Naka and Naoto Ohshima (aka Prope X Arzest)
- Tales of series comes to Switch with ports of Vesperia and Graces, plus an exclusive, all get localized. in both NA and EU (aka NONE stay in Japan)
- Donkey Kong 64 2 by Playtonic
- Diddy Kong Racing 2 by Monster with MK7-esc assistance by Retro (as an alongside of their own non-DK game)
- Nintendo buys Playtonic
- Nintendo licenses/buys Bomberman from Konami. Gets ND Cube and maybe Racjin on a new game (Racjin could do Bomberman Land Switch)
- Nintendo and Insomniac create a new Nintendo-owned western platformer IP that succeeds Ratchet and Spyro. There never was a 3rd after those two, now there would be, and it's with Nintendo
- Ubisoft revives Rocket: Robot on Wheels (they own it) with Sanzaru Games exclusively for Switch
- Pokemon Stadium 3 announced for Switch by EPD where unlike Stars, it will focus on the spectacle and competitive nature, sort of the Battle Frontier/Tower/whatever as its own game in a sense now. Links up to Pokemon Bank to transfer Stars and prior Pokemon. Also has a full-blown revival of the mini-games also, including returning games from Stadium 1 and 2
- Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy gets a Switch version
- Nintendo also gets first dibs on a Spyro remake trilogy for Switch that gets released on PS4 later, so like a reverse of Crash

That's it from me. :p

What if Mario Kart doesn't get a single new track for the enhanced port but a new battle mode, a new character and of course both DLC included?

Enough? Not enough?

Not enough at all. It's the same game, the same engine in 3 years since MK8. 3 years was the time frame from MK7 to MK8.
Unless they double the content, that'll be too light.

oti

Banned
Biggest bombshell: Nintendo announces partnership with Blizzard to bring Overwatch to Switch AND to establish its own eSports league. With the PC version being more of a "pro" league and the Switch version a "casual" league. That would be a real bombshell. Not some old obscure franchise only people on GAF still remember.

DMONKUMA

I mean the most monstrous thing would be if Nintendo partnered with Valve and make Orange Box 2nd Phase, it includes Half-life 3, Left 4 Dead 3 and Portal 3 all exclusive to the Switch.

That would pretty much make people lose their minds and be incredibly salty.

EDarkness

I mean the most monstrous thing would be if Nintendo partnered with Valve and make Orange Box 2nd Phase, it includes Half-life 3, Left 4 Dead 3 and Portal 3 all exclusive to the Switch.

That would pretty much make people lose their minds and be incredibly salty.

Oh man, I don't even want to think of what this board would be like if that happened. Damn, there would be blood...and death threats.

Hope Laura is wrong and they have more characters for Smash. Only 2 and HD versions of 3DS stages sounds like a lazy job, even for a port.

I dunno. Just having HD Magicant, hopefully more FF tracks, and two more characters on top of a absolutely massive game is pretty okay in my book. Hard to call that lazy, especially if we get ALL of the 3DS stages, past stages included.

Don't forget Xenoblade X.

Though to answer your question, Tropical Freeze is most likely to get ported of the ones you mentioned (followed by Bayonetta 2).

Why that game in particular? It's too bad Wonderful 101 never took off sales-wise, I feel like that game warrants another shot on a console with (hopefully) a much larger install base.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Laura once said the MK8 port enhancements were minimal and now she says it's extensive so I dunno.

Did she?

I dunno. Just having HD Magicant, hopefully more FF tracks, and two more characters on top of a absolutely massive game is pretty okay in my book. Hard to call that lazy, especially if we get ALL of the 3DS stages, past stages included.

I dunno if we are going to get all 3DS stages tho.

AzaK

That's what they say on the product page.

- Switch being free
- Switch comes with all VC games pre-installed
- Switch has 500TB of internal memory
- all Rockstar and EA games exclusive to Switch
- uncharted 4 port
- Switch screen can be transformed into a big TV screen by rubbing it
- Switch enables time travel
OMG! Hahahaha

I'm wondering what people here think would be the absolute most monstrous bombshell announcement Nintendo could make at the Switch event (short of going third party of course)?]

Any of the following:

- the exclusive Nintendo funded COD is real, and it is good.
- all those old Wii U rumors were true and moved to Switch. Darkstalkers, FFIII REMAKE, Metal gear solid 1 hd remake, Etc.
- Square goes all in on Switch. Dragon Quest Builders, world of Final fantasy, dragon quest heroes, FFVII R, Nier, tomb raider all come to Switch.
- EA announces full support and will provide at least one of every major game on the platform. PvZGW, ME, Madden, DRAGON AGE, NHL, UFC, FIFA, NBA, Star Wars all show on Switch.
- destiny 2 and Overwatch is on Switch
- metroid is reborn as a Souls game
- atlus brings a ton of support with persona 4g+, 5,and a 3d dot heroes version of Zelda: link to the past
- Nintendo become the go to console for esports.
- Ubisoft using far cry engine to make bayou Billy or Turok. A more gritty and adult reimaging.
- for honor is a launch game
- rockstar walks on stage with Nintendo
- Bethesda pledge full support. Not just a one off.

Charamiwa

Banned
Biggest bombshell: Nintendo announces partnership with Blizzard to bring Overwatch to Switch AND to establish its own eSports league. With the PC version being more of a "pro" league and the Switch version a "casual" league. That would be a real bombshell. Not some old obscure franchise only people on GAF still remember.

If the rumor about nintendo pushing the eSport angle is true (and I tend to think it is, going by the Switch trailer), I wonder if some of the ports like Splatoon and Smash 4 will be specifically geared toward eSport, like a championship edition or something.

How likely are the following to receive Wii U ----> Switch ports?

Bayonetta 2
Wonderful 101
DK Tropical Freeze
Zelda Windwaker/Twillight Princess HD
Super Mario 3D World
New Luigi U/ Mario U

Basically those titles in particular are why I'm holding onto the U, since Smash, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon and Mario Maker are all supposed to port over.

Bayonetta 2 - Likely, fills a gap in their lineup and is wanted by people on XB/PS
Wonderful 101 - Unlikely, unless part of a bundle
DK Tropical Freeze - Unlikley, unless part of a bundle
Zelda Windwaker/Twillight Princess HD - Unlikely unless part of a bundle
Super Mario 3D World - Doubtfull, we already have a replacement
New Luigi U/ Mario U - Really doubtful, especially if Mario Maker is coming

n0razi

I dont think anyone has enough faith in Nintendo's online infrastucture for this to happen.

wowzors

I kind of want them to port skyward sword but I am not sure, playing it on wii u currently and I really dislike it so far, only 6 hours in so maybe it get a better. Combat sucks ass, hoping if they use the switch controllers maybe they will be better than motion plus.

oti

Banned
If the rumor about nintendo pushing the eSport angle is true (and I tend to think it is, going by the Switch trailer), I wonder if some of the ports like Splatoon and Smash 4 will be specifically geared toward eSport, like a championship edition or something.
I've been saying this for ages. 😄
IMO they need a "serious mode" and a weekly changing mode with different rulesets. It would add more depth to the game and just more reasons to play it. Should be fun.

I dont think anyone has enough faith in Nintendo's online infrastucture for this to happen.
That's why it would be a bombshell. And it could be so cool.

I kind of want them to port skyward sword but I am not sure, playing it on wii u currently and I really dislike it so far, only 6 hours in so maybe it get a better. Combat sucks ass, hoping if they use the switch controllers maybe they will be better than motion plus.
It gets better.

Roo

I mean, porting 3DS stages it's fine and all but the amount of characters is rather low.
I doubt the game will gain any meaningful traction among the Wii U users if the new content is minimal, let alone those who actually got both the 3DS and Wii U versions.

New characters in Smash are always the selling point, same as new tracks in Mario Kart.

We'll see I guess.

Net

plz.

a Dragon quest character in Smash before another Final fantasy character.

But which one? There isn't a standout iconic DQ character that makes for an obvious choice. Unless you just go with a Slime...

I suppose they could just use the main character from XI but another anime swordsman?

LordKano

But which one? There isn't a standout iconic DQ character that makes for an obvious choice. Unless you just go with a Slime...

I suppose they could just use the main character from XI but another anime swordsman?

Hoy hoy hoy, the Hero from Dragon Quest III is more iconic (in Japan at least) than every Final Fantasy protagonist besides Cloud.

Speely

Banned
Are we talking about Smash additions? Here's a dream of mine: Gum

sLrOaee.jpg

It would just work.

As mentioned before, I'm of the impression that, aside from Retro & Monolith's new projects as well as Nintendo's mystery new IP that Emily Rogers mentioned, most of the January 12th presentation was already leaked from a first party games perspective. I really want to be surprised (aside from the 3 games mentioned), but I feel like I won't be.

Then stop reading Switch rumors. It's your choice to be surprised or not lol

EDarkness

I'd love to see them bring over Alena into Smash. Wouldn't be another sword user, either.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Since here in Italy it's already 2017...happy new year to everyone, ladies and gentlemen

I see a remaster happening, but it would likely still have alternative controls. Be it touch or motion.
I feel the game and its controls are pretty good, but they could be tuned a bit
Are we talking about Smash additions? Here's a dream of mine: Gum

sLrOaee.jpg

It would just work.
Jet Set has never been on Nintendo and it's not a series with a future which seems to be something Sakurai considers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom