• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought. What if Ubisoft and Nintendo are doing a crossover or Nintendo gave an IP to Ubisoft to make?

NicoA said he'll talk about wave race and 1080 in his next week switch video.
What the hell, is this really happening?
1080 too??

Wth this is way too many rumors to hold on too.

Nintendo games, a MGS game and Star Wars movies are products....

And Nintendo games and a MGS game are games....

I'm talking about the people who are actively trying to stay "un-spoiled" for the January 12th event. Not the games themselves. Avoid spoilers for Zelda and Mario games all you want, I do too, but not wanting to read leaks or even have leaks exist about hardware details, price points, launch lineups, release date, etc seems absurd to me.

Plum

I just thought. What if Ubisoft and Nintendo are doing a crossover or Nintendo gave an IP to Ubisoft to make?

Waaaatch Dogs

Waluigi uses his hacking superpowers to slightly inconvenience the Mushroom Kingdom whilst getting rich in the process.

I'm talking about the people who are actively trying to stay "un-spoiled" for the January 12th event. Not the games themselves. Avoid spoilers for Zelda and Mario games all you want, I do too, but not wanting to read leaks or even have leaks exist about hardware details, price points, launch lineups, release date, etc seems absurd to me.

I don't think people care about those types of leaks, it's the leaks about software reveals that are spoiling people (at least from what I can tell).

A surprise game trailer has much more impact if you don't know it's coming or that it even exists.

Pachimari

Can someone link me to an impressive gameplay video of Breath of the Wild? Because I missed most if not all of it during E3 last year. I have seen gifs of the combat and some skating and air gliding though. I really want to be excited about it but just isn't.

I don't think people care about those types of leaks, it's the leaks about software reveals that are spoiling people (at least from what I can tell).

A surprise game trailer has much more impact if you don't know it's coming or that it even exists.

Yeah, I guess I just think the emphasis on "hype" in the gaming community is kind of odd. Other industries don't do this as much. When there's a new Batman movie, Warner doesn't make a big deal out of trying to hide it's very existence. They just announce it in an earning's call or press release.

To me, a spoiler is something that ruins a piece of art or a piece of entertainment. Plot details, things like that, and I find "spoiler culture" already overbearing when it comes to those things. Extending that kind of thinking to marketing events is bizarre. Finding out a new 3D Mario game is coming at launch through Laura or Emily, instead of through Nintendo shouldn't affect any rational person's enjoyment of the event or, most importantly, the game itself.

oti

Banned
I'm just wondering what Nintendo is going to do about this. This sounds like an entire web of sources. That web won't just go away after Switch launch.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm just wondering what Nintendo is gou g to do about this. This sounds like an entire web of sources. That web won't just go away after Switch launch.

It also gets a lot harder to keep things tight when hardware and software is 4 months away. In most cases these "leaks" have already been revealed officially.

Yeah, I guess I just think the emphasis on "hype" in the gaming community is kind of odd. Other industries don't do this as much. When there's a new Batman movie, Warner doesn't make a big deal out of trying to hide it's very existence. They just announce it in an earning's call or press release.

To me, a spoiler is something that ruins a piece of art or a piece of entertainment. Plot details, things like that, and I find "spoiler culture" already overbearing when it comes to those things. Extending that kind of thinking to marketing events is bizarre. Finding out a new 3D Mario game is coming at launch through Laura or Emily, instead of through Nintendo shouldn't affect any rational person's enjoyment of the event or, most importantly, the game itself.

I can certainly see your point. Video game culture and hype culture mesh together very well for whatever reason though. You'd probably need a sociologist to determine why that is.

I'm just wondering what Nintendo is going to do about this. This sounds like an entire web of sources. That web won't just go away after Switch launch.

It honestly is sounding more and more like this could be controlled leakage. Nintendo can't officially announce anything until January because they don't want to detract from what little holiday revenue they'll wind up with, so this is the best way to keep people informed and interested until then. Maybe?

Oersted

176161-miyamoto.jpg

Matbtz

Ey8kc7a.png

Would you like to see more tracks based on other Nintendo franchises (besides Mario) in Mario Kart Switch?

Yes Hyrule kingdom and AC ones are very good, love the ruppies and the music. A Pikmin one would be splendid, a pokemon one could be fun. Even if that's a Mario franchise, Paper Mario and Wooly world tracks would be gorgeous.

Start releasing products at a regular clip again so insiders aren't just as impatient as the rest of us.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a Splatoon track in MK8.5, along with a playable Inkling racer.

I wish you hadn't said this.

Now I'm expecting it.

Shizza

Yes Hyrule kingdom and AC ones are very good, love the ruppies and the music. A Pikmin one would be splendid, a pokemon one could be fun. Even if that's a Mario franchise, Paper Mario and Wooly world tracks would be gorgeous.

I didn't even know I wanted this until I saw this, and now I must have it! Totally agree on the Zelda & AC tracks - in fact the AC track makes me want to dive into the AC series. It's so charming!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Here is my cross-posts from other thread about Nintendo Tracks.

Splatoon character!

Let make 2017 as Year of Splatoon/Inkling. Put them in Kart, Smash, etc!

Captain Falcon and Splatoon character in Mario Kart would be awesome. 8 new tracks from Mushroom Kingdom and 8 new tracks from Nintendo Universe would be amazing. :eek:

8 new tracks from Kid Icarus, Pikmin, Splatoon, etc.

-shadow-

I wish they just replace Mario Kart with Nintendo Kart. They're already halfway there with Mario Kart 8 DLC, so why not?

Wait so Splatoon might be included in a pack-in sku? God this January direct cannot come soon enough.

Also, I wonder what they're gonna do with mic and cameras if they're not built into the handheld unit.

Ey8kc7a.png

Would you like to see more tracks based on other Nintendo franchises (besides Mario) in Mario Kart Switch?

Animal Crossing was my top pick. With that outta the way, I'll take Fire Emblem or Metroid tracks.

Also, awesome thread OP.

majik13

Wait so Splatoon might be included in a pack-in sku? God this January direct cannot come soon enough.

Also, I wonder what they're gonna do with mic and cameras if they're not built into the handheld unit.

Animal Crossing was my top pick. With that outta the way, I'll take Fire Emblem or Metroid tracks.

Also, awesome thread OP.

Oh geez, a Metroid track? Hadnt thought about that before, that could be really cool.

I have a feeling this was hinted at on this board in the past, but I can't exactly recall. Might have been John Harker? Or I might have remembered wrong. Not the Yoshi Rabbids rumour, unless it turns out to be the same thing.

Bert

Not in the base game, but as DLC along with characters, sure. I loved the Wii U tracks. Keep the main game pure though just Mario universe.

Getting more hyped with Wave Race tickling my nostalgias, but a little worried at the lack of new IP leaking so far. Really hope January brings significant new third party games, and a few day and date ports as well as something new from Nintendo. Remakes only go so far.

AzaK

Emily says she's done

That's nice of her.

Why? Who cares when we get told.....I guess she never claims to be journalist so there's no impetus on here to share news she gets.

I want to know everything. I don't care for waiting for Nintendo to tell us some controlled story,

AzaK

And it's awesome. If Nintendo won't give us news in a timely fashion then it's up to others to do it for the fans.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Tbh the leak I'd be most interested about is whether owning a Wii U will grant benefits for Switch buyers and if one needs to own both system at the same time to do this.

I have a Wii U and a lot of games. They sell for a lot on eBay still. I could probably finance Switch launch with that if I sell it before Christmas. My fear is one has to perform some kind of sync with both machines connected to the same online connection or something like that.

Proper accounts need to come with the Switch..
If they don't... i cant

daakusedo

It would be interesing.

Nintendo games have a rabid fanbase, Ubisoft being in the saddle would make sense.

Hard to envision great thing for this project. Did you already know about it when gameblog mentioned it?
Though revisiting their nx rumors roundup video, there's more interesting stuff in it.

JazzmanZ

It would be interesing.

Nintendo games have a rabid fanbase, Ubisoft being in the saddle would make sense.

You joke, but it would probably something a little more boring like a sports crossover (anyone remember that NBA game for the gamecube that had Mario and Peach in it??)

Here's where I see the relation; both Yoshi and Rabbids are infinite in numbers. Also honestly, what other Nintendo IP even works with Rabbids if you could pick one?

Not that Yoshi would be a pick, but it's not that bad of an idea, I just hope it's a 3D platformer (preferably more Mario 64 than Rabbids Go Home) rather than a party game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom