• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Sorry, but if there's nothing new on Zelda in the new GI Nate cried wolf one too many times. I don't care if he played with words or whatever and that he can spin it, he plays with the fire way too much. He's very close to 10k now.

jmizzal

Yeah I guess he is technically right... But I am sure he wasn't thinking about a dumb preview when he tweeted this : https://twitter.com/DirectFeedGames/status/816073953630453761

And then there's the casual Metroid mention on twitter... I don't know I'm getting a bit tired of this vague attitude

All he said is we would hear more about Zelda, he was right it is in GI mag, he didnt say we will hear new info on Zelda, he prob didnt even know what info GI had in it.

Sorry, but if there's nothing new on Zelda in the new GI Nate cried wolf one too many times. I don't care if he played with words or whatever and that he can spin it, he plays with the fire way too much. He's very close to 10k now.
Nothing is worst then being compared to 10k

I think Mario Sports Superstars is crossgen solely because the art they've given in the presskit are way too fucking high-quality to have been made for a low-budget 3DS filler title.
I know what you mean, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash used CG renders from like a decade ago for the character select screen. Superstars is getting this:
885x.jpg

...and here's Ultra Smash's renders

edit: to be fair there were a few character renders, just baffled why they didn't use any in game:

LordKano

Ow, that's harsh.

I know what you mean, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash used CG renders from like a decade ago for the character select screen. Superstars is getting this:

Yeah, every concept art is new, and they are very detailled, way more than the ones for the other 3DS games (Mario Maker and that Pikmin thing).

Idk if anybody should ever be compared to 10k. He was straight up fools gold.

Geg

I wouldn't be able to handle Splatoon, Zelda, and Mario Kart all releasing on the same day. That's just too much.

Super Mario Frost Land

Bahahahaha

Who comes up with this stuff

With so few details people fixate on little things. There's ice in the mere seconds we saw Super Mario Switch, I've seen so many dumb names with Ice in the title aha. We also have people who think Nintendo is marketing this as a home console even though they haven't marketed anything.

All he said is we would hear more about Zelda, he was right it is in GI mag, he didnt say we will hear new info on Zelda, he prob didnt even know what info GI had in it.

He said "more," right after teasing "Something....something...magazine being revealed this week." "Revealed." That, taken with his "Should be hearing more on Zelda: Breath of the Wild this week. An interesting and exciting week ahead" makes it pretty damn clear what he meant.

If he meant anything else, it wouldn't be worth a comment at all since tons of websites, blogs, etc talk Zelda all the time. This is pretty clearly a case of someone extrapolating waaaay too much based on whatever little info they had gotten

Edit: And this post makes it clear he was talking about GameInformer the entire time.

NateDrake

He said "more," right after teasing "Something....something...magazine being revealed this week." "Revealed." That, taken with his "Should be hearing more on Zelda: Breath of the Wild this week. An interesting and exciting week ahead" makes it pretty damn clear what he meant.

If he meant anything else, it wouldn't be worth a comment at all since tons of websites, blogs, etc talk Zelda all the time. This is pretty clearly a case of someone extrapolating waaaay too much based on whatever little info they had gotten

Edit: And this post makes it clear he was talking about GameInformer the entire time.

Because the info was coming in the new issue from GameInformer. I talked with a friend who is an editor there. Was talking about the launch day rumors that surfaced this week, and they weren't sure that info was accurate, but also couldn't be 100% about that as they didn't work on the Zelda article in the new issue.

So when I get told a Zelda article is going to be in the new GI issue, I shared that you "Should hear more about Zelda: BotW this week", which we did. I didn't say it was a cover story at any point.

So when I get told a Zelda article is going to be in the new GI issue, I shared that you "Should hear more about Zelda: BotW this week", which we did. I didn't say it was a cover story at any point.

And do you consider what we got to be "interesting and exciting?" Or a "reveal"?

Edit: No idea what a cover story has to do with this--that's not why people are comparing you to 10k. It's obvious you extrapolated way too much based on what little you had. Own up to it

yaaaaay

....too bad I live in Brazil =P

But I do have a friend in toronto so lucky him I guess

Do you have your Nintendo Account registered for Canada? I'm confused as to how people are getting invites for regions they don't live in. I'd gladly drive to NYC if I got an invite even though I'm like 4 hours away. Oh well...

Platy

Do you have your Nintendo Account registered for Canada? I'm confused as to how people are getting invites for regions they don't live in. I'd gladly drive to NYC if I got an invite even though I'm like 4 hours away. Oh well...

Canada allows for brazilian credit cards for some reason ... and since brazil does not have a brazilian eshop pretty much every brazilian wiiu has either a usa or canadian account (mostly canada)

Fuck I didn't think they would send out tickets that fast lol. Just looked now and saw the email and worried that I was too late, but I managed to get mine.

EDIT: Looks there are different time slots, my tickets are for 6:30PM-10:00PM.

NateDrake

And do you consider what we got to be "interesting and exciting?" Or a "reveal"?

Edit: No idea what a cover story has to do with this--that's not why people are comparing you to 10k. It's obvious you extrapolated way too much based on what little you had. Own up to it

The new issue was revealed this week. I hear Zelda article in the new GI due out this week. I said you should hear more about Zelda this week. The issue has a preview in it.

The new issue was revealed this week. I hear Zelda article in the new GI due out this week. I said you should hear more about Zelda this week.

You didn't answer the question. Was that "interesting and exciting"?

You're right to wiggle your way out of this--just own up to the fact you thought there was more here than there was, and unnecessarily teased it

I don't think Nate Drake should be compare to 10k.

I mean. 10k was all nonsense. While Nate info did happen. I think some were just expecting to much.

At this point rather then making a big deal, just ignore him if you don't trust him. Makes it easier then bickering about it.

big_erk

This is legit. You can tell because it's printed.

It being printed proves nothing. You can tell it's not a fake because of the sneaky angle of the photo. This person obviously is a master of subterfuge and risked life and limb to get us this information.

NateDrake

You didn't answer the question. Was that "exciting and interesting?"

You're right to wiggle your way out of this--just own up to it

I haven't read the article. I assumed an article on Zelda would have interesting info. What am I wiggling out of? Did Zelda: BotW info get shared in the new GI that was revealed this week? It was. That's all I said would happen.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Because the info was coming in the new issue from GameInformer. I talked with a friend who is an editor there. Was talking about the launch day rumors that surfaced this week, and they weren't sure that info was accurate, but also couldn't be 100% about that as they didn't work on the Zelda article in the new issue.

You teased something that brings absolutely nothing new. There's no "more on Zelda" in the new GI. Maybe more of the same. But being cryptic about more of the same it's definitely not a nice thing to do.

MomoQca

You didn't answer the question. Was that "exciting and interesting?"

You're right to wiggle your way out of this--just own up to the fact you thought there was more here than there was, and unnecessarily teased it

To be fair, I think that was his own speculation. I think he was also referring to the Switch presentation considering that's coming next week.

You didn't answer the question. Was that "interesting and exciting"?

Dude... Chill. I'm not sure what you had personally invested in the Zelda information you thought we'd see, but it's not worth being a jerk.

I haven't read the article. What am I wiggling out of? Did Zelda: BotW info get shared in the new GI that was revealed this week? It was. That's all I said would happen.

Oh come on now. You were teasing it and literally said "An interesting and exciting week ahead."

Dude... Chill. I'm not sure what you had personally invested in the Zelda information you thought we'd see, but it's not worth being a jerk.

It's not just this. It's the string of mistruths or misinformation we've had from him recently, as KingSnake posted above. This is the straw that broke the camel's back

LordKano

Y'are all way too on your nerves. He heard about a new preview of Zelda in GameInformer, and thought it would be new stuff and thus exciting. A bit of extrapolation but let's be honest, we would all have said the same.

random25

Don't be too hot, guys. Nate just told us what he knows, and while some confirmed it to be nothing new, he's still technically right. I know the thirst is real, but we have like a week and a day left before we get the I go blowout.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Don't be too hot, guys. Nate just told us what he knows, and while some confirmed it to be nothing new, he's still technically right. I know the thirst is real, but we have like a week and a day left before we get the I go blowout.

I guess he is technically right also with that Metroid tweet somehow, right? The one that he was asked about and didn't care to answer anything yet.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
To be fair I don't really care nate. I was making that Zelda cover story comment in jest. I think a couple of people were too lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom