• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateDrake

I guess he is technically right also with that Metroid tweet somehow, right? The one that he was asked about and didn't care to answer anything yet.

What more do I have to say? A Metroid game is in development for Switch. I don't know specifics as to when it'll be revealed. My gut feeling is it'll be kept until E3 but it could be later than that. I don't know when it'll be shown.

Oersted

SuperMarioRPGSNESCoverArtUS.jpg

Damn it, I forgot

So today an Italian YouTube channel, that ONLY works on Pokemon, was invited for the Switch event next friday. I'm not really following all the rumours, so I don't know if this Pokemon Stars is supposed to be a launch title (I don't think so) but well, I thought this could be interesting.
I don't see Pokémon Stars being announced, but as a portable I imagine he'll still cover it and his fans would probably appreciate it
If Nintendo isn't announcing Pokemon on the 12th is there going to be a game that communicates that this will succeed the 3DS too?

If not I feel that's a mistake. Monster Hunter could fill that role for Japan at least.
I hope some form of MH port gets announced. Maybe XX. Don't see 5 coming out so soon

Don't be too hot, guys. Nate just told us what he knows, and while some confirmed it to be nothing new, he's still technically right.

He teased it as being as something beyond what it was (which was nothing)

Now I know where Stumpkapow is coming from with posts like these

Kudos for her for being candid about her uncertainty and sourcing practices (although the mega post as a whole reveals that she is definitely someone still getting comfortable with the professional practice of journalism and the eagerness to share is definitely in conflict with vetting and sourcing and specificity of her claims). It was clear from the initial NX leak that she was speaking to people. What continues to be unclear is whether she has the discretion and skills to sort out conflicting or tentative info and only print things she has a high degree of certainty in.

Kudos also for her going out beyond the normal vague Nostradamus crap to make specific and disprovable claims instead of "I ThinK You Will Be Excite For January 12 I Know I Am Becauser I Knwo All The Hidden Secrets But I'm Not Telling But You Should Get Hyped!!! So To Speak!"

What more do I have to say?

At least you're learning, it seems

DMONKUMA

I guess he is technically right also with that Metroid tweet somehow, right? The ones that he was asked about and didn't care to answer anything yet.

Honestly I think they were talking about a what-if scenario. Like saying "if a new Metroid was in development for Switch when do you think it's gonna be shown? January event? Or E3?" I don't think they were tease an actually game or anything.

Edit:
What more do I have to say? A Metroid game is in development for Switch. I don't know specifics as to when it'll be revealed. My gut feeling is it'll be kept until E3 but it could be later than that. I don't know when it'll be shown.

Oh well ok nvm....:/

I don't see Pokémon Stars being announced, but as a portable I imagine he'll still cover it and his fans would probably appreciate it

I hope some form of MH port gets announced. Maybe XX. Don't see 5 coming out so soon

you and me both Bro

Need to see what MH switch would look like

EloquentM

aka Mannny
What more do I have to say? A Metroid game is coming to Switch. I don't know specifics as to when it'll be revealed. My gut feeling is it'll be kept until E3.
you don't have to defend yourself. There's a really small amount of people that actually care and are accusing you of talking out of your ass.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Honestly I think they were talking about a what-if scenario. Like saying "if a new Metroid was in development for Switch when do you think it's gonna be shown? January event? Or E3?" I don't think they were tease an actually game or anything.

Read some posts above. Be hyped. Metroid will be at some E3.

Charamiwa

Banned
The new issue was revealed this week. I hear Zelda article in the new GI due out this week. I said you should hear more about Zelda this week. The issue has a preview in it.

I think it's fair to say you were expecting more from that issue. Would be weird to mention a preview that doesn't say anything new at all.

I mean, it's fine. I just need to stop paying attention to these vague ass tweets and drive by posts on GAF. Sorry it had to happen with one of your tweets, but it's not the first time. And I'm sure you'll say you never said a Metroid game was coming if nothing happens at E3. So why bother

TOM NOOK SAWYER on the hunt.

Not really. It just annoys me when people tease stuff that turns out to be nothing, and people are okay with that. Especially when that person has an increasingly spotty trackrecord.

But I guess we're in a post-fact era, so who cares right?

I think it's fair to say you were expecting more from that issue. Would be weird to mention a preview that mention nothing new at all.

I mean, it's fine. I just need to stop paying attention to these vague ass tweets on twitter. Sorry it had to happen with one of your tweets, but it's not the first time. And I'm sure you'll say you never said a Metroid game was coming if nothing happens at E3. So why bother

This

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Why does this shit always get so weird?

I can't wait to see what's up with this Mario/Rabbids RPG. Wet dream is that Rayman comes in as a party member to help fight the Rabbid menace.

Not really. It just annoys me when people tease stuff that turns out to be nothing, and people are okay with that. Especially when that person has an increasingly spotty trackrecord.

But I guess we're in a post-fact era, so who cares right?

Vidya Games!

8 days guys no reason to go too crazy

Oregano

you and me both Bro

Need to see what MH switch would look like

I'd love if that was the case but we were told not to expect it sadly.;_;

I'm genuinely uncertain if portable developers are going to move to Switch. I'm not sure if Nintendo has approached it that way. If they haven't they're idiots.

NateDrake

I think it's fair to say you were expecting more from that issue. Would be weird to mention a preview that doesn't say anything new at all.

I mean, it's fine. I just need to stop paying attention to these vague ass tweets and drive by posts on GAF. Sorry it had to happen with one of your tweets, but it's not the first time. And I'm sure you'll say you never said a Metroid game was coming if nothing happens at E3. So why bother

Me saying something in reply to someone else on Twitter also shouldn't spur into a conversation on GAF.

I'm genuinely uncertain if portable developers are going to move to Switch. I'm not sure if Nintendo has approached it that way. If they haven't they're idiots.

DAT MARCH 17th DATE THO!

I mean if your just endlessly vague and non commital with your leaks, you can never be wrong really. Which is fine, just annoying. At least LKD and Emily Rogers just say stuff one way or the other.

Interfectum

Me saying something in reply to someone else on Twitter also shouldn't spur into a conversation on GAF.

That's a little disingenuous considering you knowingly leak insider information and are fully aware people will follow your every word on Twitter/GAF/etc because of it.

Charamiwa

Banned

You casually talking about a Metroid game as if it was already known will get you noticed. Sorry about that. You could say "yes, this metroid game that I heard about might be at E3". You could say "hey I heard Game Informer will have a story on Zelda this week, hopefully some new stuff there".

But no, it's always these vague tweets. Again, nothing agaisnt you, I'm just tired of this attitude and I need to stop paying attention to it.

Thirst is real in here.
Why are we bashing Nate now? He said Zelda info, we got Zelda info. Clear as that. He says he knows someone who works for GI and that was all...

On the list: Fake as my grandmas teeth...

jmizzal

Who said it wont be the case? Was it LKD? If so, ever info comes from Europe and sometimes NA, if MH is coming in Japan first she prob would not even know.

TunaLover

I don't share people anticipation for BotW, to me it would help if they delay it a few months, it doesn't look like the mind blowing title I'm looking for Switch. I understand that this Nintendo best interest having it ready at launch tho.

Who said it wont be the case? Was it LKD? If so, ever info comes from Europe and sometimes NA, if MH is coming in Japan first she prob would not even know.

XX hasn't been confirmed to come west yet anyways

I would be happy to at least see an XX port for Japan since it represents hope that we could eventually get it

Zedark

While it's ok that you thought we would have new info about zelda on GI, this wasn't a "simple" conversation, you were directly talking about a possible new metroid.

In fact, he was talking about Metroid existing being a foregone conclusion, and the question was simply when Nintendo would unveil it, so it definitely wasn't a normal conversation (combine that with the fact that he was talking to Liam Robertson, who also goes through life as an insider).

Still, the outrage over the GI magazine is kinda ridiculous. NateDrake: "Hey guys, I heard there will be an article about Zelda in the GI magazine that will be revealed this week, should be interesting!" Some GAFfers: "Hey, you said we would be getting new info, yet the article only mentions existing info. LOL fake!"

It seems like he was just trying to tell us that the GI magazine had an article about Zelda that might contain new info (which he didn't know), and now people are complaining about him. He never claimed to know what was inside the article, and taking "should be an interesting week" as evidence that he was teasing new info is stretching it a little far imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom