• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact, he was talking about Metroid existing being a foregone conclusion, and the question was simply when Nintendo would unveil it, so it definitely wasn't a normal conversation (combine that with the fact that he was talking to Liam Robertson, who also goes through life as an insider).

Still, the outrage over the GI magazine is kinda ridiculous. NateDrake: "Hey guys, I heard there will be an article about Zelda in the GI magazine that will be revealed this week, should be interesting!" Some GAFfers: "Hey, you said we would be getting new info, yet the article only mentions existing info. LOL fake!"

It seems like he was just trying to tell us that the GI magazine had an article about Zelda that might contain new info (which he didn't know), and now people are complaining about him. He never claimed to know what was inside the article, and taking "should be an interesting week" as evidence that he was teasing new info is stretching it a little far imo.

I think that while a leaker may have their info validated ("zelda article on GI"), you should always be careful on how you extrapolate that, i think liam got some things wrong not because he got wrong info, but because he extrapolated on that, and i think that nate did that too. You have to be very careful on how you pass your info. If he said "It seems like there will be an article about zelda on GI this week, don't know if it's new or not", i guarantee that there would be no backlash against him.

jmizzal

Yeah major disappointment if so.

Yeah but it's concerning that she gave an indication either way.

She also said Zelda will come out in June and had to back peddle on that, so she isnt always right, just like all insiders.

I just cant see Nintendo revealing a new system in Japan and not showing off Japaneses heavy hitters.

If the event was in NA, I would not expect it

Yeah major disappointment if so.

Yeah but it's concerning that she gave an indication either way.

Do we think she has the majority of the Jan 12th announcements pegged by now?

Seems to just getting the western info for the most part which makes sense since thats what her sources are

Whats her track record on reporting JP dev info?

Zedark

I think that while a leaker may have their info validated ("zelda article on GI"), you should always be careful on how you extrapolate that, i think liam got some things wrong not because he got wrong info, but because he extrapolated on that, and i think that nate did that too. You have to be very careful on how you pass your info. If he said "It seems like there will be an article about zelda on GI this week, don't know if it's new or not", i guarantee that there would be no backlash against him.

True, but I don't find his extrapolation ("A Zelda article, might be interesting!") to be far fetched by any stretch of the imagination. It actually is a little strange imo that they have a preview of Zelda in the February edition that contains no new info from later than december. I personally can't fault him for this mistake.

Oregano

She also said Zelda will come out in June and had to back peddle on that, so she isnt always right, just like all insiders.

I just cant see Nintendo revealing a new system in Japan and not showing off Japaneses heavy hitters.

If the event was in NA, I would not expect it

Depends if any Japanese heavy hitters are actually coming, outside of the DQXI port.

Do we think she has the majority of the Jan 12th announcements pegged by now?

Seems to just getting the western info for the most part which makes sense since thats what her sources are

Whats her track record on reporting JP dev info?

Well she's reported on Dark Souls.

I'd hope no one has most of the announcements pegged otherwise there's very little being shown.

uqysKuw.png

yaaaaay

....too bad I live in Brazil =P

But I do have a friend in toronto so lucky him I guess

Any other Brazilians who would like to share their invite?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Yes lets shit on the few insiders we have cuz we didnt get enough dessert at the dinner table

Nate hasn't proved with anything yet that he's reliable as an insider. More so now he doesn't want his tweets to be a topic here, so I think that's like an official retirement from the insider status anyway. Anything that he says is just speculation, nothing more.

Malyse

If we get every stage from the 3DS and Wii U versions of Smash in Switch, that's some 84 stages. That means that every character could have their own stage.

Oregano

Im gonna ride the Hope bus on this one

Well I definitely hope you're right!

The Vita's resurrection is almost upon us. Are you all ready?

Will it get all the games though? That's the lingering question.

why do people call the switch the new vita ?

It's a powerful, one screen handheld that seemingly concentrates on console games on the go. In that respect it's probably more similar to Vita than 3DS.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Well I definitely hope you're right!

Will it get all the games though? That's the lingering question.

It's a powerful, one screen handheld that seemingly concentrates on console games on the go. In that respect it's probably more similar to Vita than 3DS.
I see no reason that Japanese third parties wouldn't move over to Switch, and the same goes for indies. I think Vita devs should have a fine new home on Switch.

Slightly overhyping something cool... We need his head on a platter!

...As if Gaf wasn't getting excited about every little thing anyway. He just thought a preview was gonna be more exciting than it ended up being. That's not a stain on his track record. Eurogamer, Emily and Laura don't know every detail about what they're reporting either. NateDrake just posted a tweet. It's not like he made a thread on Gaf with a title in all-caps. Some of you are getting a little crazy. Stop hitting refresh. Take a deep breath. Go outside for a bit.

I'm starting to get anxious that Nintendo is gonna fuck this one up in a spectacular way. Only launch title worth buying is Mario (still enough for me), no real roadmap of releases for the rest of the year, base launch price of $299, region locked... All of these are likely of course. I just hope they don't happen!

Let's hope it will have more interesting games then.
Yeah, not a fan of the comparison to the Vita to be honest. I get that it's because of the hardware (and I guess potential for Vita games to be ported over), but man, whenever I want to feel hopelessly depressed I just think about the Vita library and presto! I want to curl up and die.

Charamiwa

Banned
Slightly overhyping something cool... We need his head on a platter!

...As if Gaf wasn't getting excited about every little thing anyway. He just thought a preview was gonna be more exciting than it ended up being. That's not a stain on his track record. Eurogamer, Emily and Laura don't know every detail about what they're reporting either. NateDrake just posted a tweet. It's not like he made a thread on Gaf with a title in all-caps. Some of you are getting a little crazy. Stop hitting refresh. Take a deep breath. Go outside for a bit.

I was trying my best to be as measured as possible in my criticism of Nate to avoid the "take a deep breath" comment lol. I think some good points have been made and he could use them to improve the way he relays his informations.

Oregano

Nanashrew

Banned
Sadly there's one big reason:

Vita devs could easily make the transition since it will be the only handheld on the market. And it's not like we don't get booby games and such, just not in the over abundance that Vita does. And Monster Hunter clones could find their way to the system and maybe get some of the MH audience since it will be on a platform they own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom