• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess so too but at the moment barring any delays we have Mass Effect, Horizon and Switch + Zelda in March. All of them great covers stories.

Both Horizon and Mass Effect had their respective cover stories already. I don't know if Game Informer would do that twice for the same title. Especially given that their cover stories are all about exclusive coverage.

Cover Stories on GI generally are preview covers, with exclusive content. I don't remember which games that released on the same month got a cover on GI, but i don't think the general idea of the cover is that. You will either get a cover for: E3, Games of The Year, Hardware Launch (which the switch is most likely to get) and Previews far in advance of the game. For example, the GTA V cover was almost one year before the actual game released. I think the time for a Zelda cover has long gone and i don't think it would make much sense when the game already got a big blowout at E3 and will most likely get another new look at the switch event and the days leading up to the launch.

Just got mine as well ... basically a "watch your inbox obsessively" until Eventbrite sends you the actual invite.

Toronto dates were Jan. 27, 28 & 29 right?

Yep those were the dates. If I remember right the first 2 days require the invite, and the last day is open to the public.

AzaK

"Less what people wanted..." people dont know what they want until you out it in front of their noses. People are idiots and you could take your sentence and put any company name in it. Dont be such an idiot and think only Nintendo does those things because NeoGaf tells you that.

No you couldn't. Sony delivered massively on the PS4 and PS1 and PS2 for people. MS blew it out of the water with the XB and 360. Nintendo just kept trucking with their own rubbish from GC onwards and fucked up the Wii U to no end.

And when I say people, I mean gamers. Sure we'll always want more but Wii U was an abomination of disappointments.

So today an Italian YouTube channel, that ONLY works on Pokemon, was invited for the Switch event next friday. I'm not really following all the rumours, so I don't know if this Pokemon Stars is supposed to be a launch title (I don't think so) but well, I thought this could be interesting.

LordKano

So today an Italian YouTube channel, that ONLY works on Pokemon, was invited for the Switch event next friday. I'm not really following all the rumours, so I don't know if this Pokemon Stars is supposed to be a launch title (I don't think so) but well, I thought this could be interesting.

It means nothing, they only look at how popular the channel is, not what type of content it is.

Rumor said Pokémon Stars would come out later this year and it was said they probably won't reveal it on the 12th. They would save it for later.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

nothing special and it has nothing to do with pokemon.

they cover a nintendo game, they have a lot of viewers so they're invited.

Retrobox

I'd think they don't want to even mention Stars in the presentation because they still want to sell Sun/Moon copies. Stars should really get its own Direct as Pokemon is at its height right now.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Source?

Oregano

If Nintendo isn't announcing Pokemon on the 12th is there going to be a game that communicates that this will succeed the 3DS too?

If not I feel that's a mistake. Monster Hunter could fill that role for Japan at least.

No you couldn't. Sony delivered massively on the PS4 and PS1 and PS2 for people. MS blew it out of the water with the XB and 360. Nintendo just kept trucking with their own rubbish from GC onwards and fucked up the Wii U to no end.

And when I say people, I mean gamers. Sure we'll always want more but Wii U was an abomination of disappointments.

Ah, ah, ah...no. You clearly said Nintendo always dissapoint the people. Not just with the Wii u. You were clear that Nintendo is always making the wrong decisions. We didnt talk about the recent failure of the Wii U or the success of the PS4. You talked about Nintendo in general and then you edited your post.

Of course did Sony make hundred of good decisions but so did Nintendo. Maybe YOU arent satisfied with them, but hundred of million other people are. Was the Wii U a failure? Yeah, but that can happen when you get to selfish and ignore the market changes. Look at te PS3 which was build from the market leader and nearly vanished all the money they made from the previous generations.

You cant always just blame on Nintendo and dont see the shit other companys do. And Microsoft blew nothing out of the wate with the Original XBox. Yeah, they were very strong in comparison to the other two consoles but it didnt help them so they decided to make a new console just a few years agter launch of the other. I still remember how angey a lot of people were because Microsoft killed the XBox after a few years. But again...sometimes the market needs such decisions were some are left in the dust and you start all over again.
Microsoft learned it the hard way so did Sony and Nintendo just recently. They all lost money because of dumb decisions. Dumb decisions for the one who arent involved. And those are the people who can easily say "you should have done this or that" because they have no clue what happend inside te companys who made those decisions.

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

What are devs working on?:

Next Level Games — working solely with Nintendo. Allegedly was working on a Wii U game since 2013. If not canceled, probably moved to Switch.

Intelligent Systems — Paper Mario Wii U and Fire Emblem Fates launched in 2016, so probably no 2017 game?

Human Head Studios — unknown, could be with Nintendo, but have not put out a game in a long while. Currently hiring someone to translate japanese. Last game Batman Arkham Wii U.

Monster Games: Puts out a game annually, just launched Nascar for Xbone, PS4, and PC. Worked with Nintendo for years, unless something has changed, may do so again in the future.

Tantalus: Allegedly working on another HD port. http://wccftech.com/tantalus-working-nintendo-switch-time-ceo-hints-remasters/

Mistwalker: Allegedly working on new game for consoles with Silicon Studio (Bravery Default)
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/01/27/concept-art-of-new-mistwalker-game-for-consoles/

EA has a job posted for engineer getting Frostbite to run on new SDK's. (Obviously, this is a long shot)

Rockstar Toronto currently hiring Tools programmer with experience with Autodesk software engines. (Obviously, this is a long shot, yes Switch uses Autodesk).

Sumo Digital --- no idea, but no longer working on Disney Infinity since it has been cancelled.

Cover Stories on GI generally are preview covers, with exclusive content. I don't remember which games that released on the same month got a cover on GI, but i don't think the general idea of the cover is that. You will either get a cover for: E3, Games of The Year, Hardware Launch (which the switch is most likely to get) and Previews far in advance of the game. For example, the GTA V cover was almost one year before the actual game released. I think the time for a Zelda cover has long gone and i don't think it would make much sense when the game already got a big blowout at E3 and will most likely get another new look at the switch event and the days leading up to the launch.

This appears to be the last time they gave a cover to a game that they were reviewing that month

cov_107_l2hsku.jpg

keakster

Eventbrite Toronto invites out!

Metro Toronto Covention centre, 10 AM - 1:30 PM Jan. 28th

Looks like there were/are 300 tickets, doesn't say anything about bringing guests ...

Eventbrite Toronto invites out!

Metro Toronto Covention centre, 10 AM - 1:30 PM

Looks like there were/are 300 tickets, doesn't say anything about bringing guests ...

It's taking forever to process.

The site has crashed. damn

Edit: When I try again it says my invitation has already been used. Hope it went through. I haven't received anything.

Edit 2: Woot just got my tickets.

What are devs working on?:

Next Level Games — working solely with Nintendo. Allegedly was working on a Wii U game since 2013. If not canceled, probably moved to Switch.

Intelligent Systems — Paper Mario Wii U and Fire Emblem Fates launched in 2016, so probably no 2017 game?

Human Head Studios — unknown, could be with Nintendo, but have not put out a game in a long while. Currently hiring someone to translate japanese. Last game Batman Arkham Wii U.

Monster Games: Puts out a game annually, just launched Nascar for Xbone, PS4, and PC. Worked with Nintendo for years, unless something has changed, may do so again in the future.

Tantalus: Allegedly working on another HD port. http://wccftech.com/tantalus-working-nintendo-switch-time-ceo-hints-remasters/

Mistwalker: Allegedly working on new game for consoles with Silicon Studio (Bravery Default)
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/01/27/concept-art-of-new-mistwalker-game-for-consoles/

EA has a job posted for engineer getting Frostbite to run on new SDK's. (Obviously, this is a long shot)

Rockstar Toronto currently hiring Tools programmer with experience with Autodesk software engines. (Obviously, this is a long shot, yes Switch uses Autodesk).

Sumo Digital --- no idea, but no longer working on Disney Infinity since it has been cancelled.

Sumo digital is working on snake pass

keakster

It's taking forever to process.

The site has crashed. damn

Edit: When I try again it says my invitation has already been used. Hope it went through. I haven't received anything.

I already had an Eventbrite account (which I didn't realize but my login info was saved. I did not get any email confirmation but logging in to Eventbrite I can print off the ticket as a PDF

Update: just received email confirmation and see that you got yours as well. See you there!

jmizzal

If Nintendo isn't announcing Pokemon on the 12th is there going to be a game that communicates that this will succeed the 3DS too?

If not I feel that's a mistake. Monster Hunter could fill that role for Japan at least.

The event being in Japan, I just cant see them not announcing MH and Pokemon.

Nanashrew

Banned
We don't know what port Tantalus is working on do we? I do remember they did ask the internet on what HD ports we'd like to see from them though.

did he ever say it was new stuff? >>

That's the obvious implication; why else would it be of note? Might as well loop in every website, blog, and Twitter account that has "info" too

However, to be fair, did Nate specify GameInformer? His Twitter only said

Should be hearing more on Zelda: Breath of the Wild this week. An interesting and exciting week ahead.

Edit: Nevermind, person below makes it clear Nate did clarify GI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom