• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

keakster

So the press conference is in English. I'm pretty sure I argued with someone who was sure of the opposite in this thread.

Yeah there was some earlier thoughts about it being in Japanese, but I still wonder if the people on stage will all be speaking English or if it will be both English and Japanese with translators or subtitles

edit: beaten

No way this is true, nvidia wouldnt give nintendo pascal and use maxwell for their own product.

Nvidia's gonna put in whatever Nintendo is willing to pay for, they're not stupid. The question isn't: "Was Nvidia willing to give them Pascal" but "Was Nintendo willing to pay for Pascal."

LordKano

The Switch Presentation confirmed to be in Japanese with English voice over.

https://twitter.com/NintenDaan/status/817027334746341380

C1aqAwBWIAATeoD.jpg

Can't wait for the "Dragon Quest XI will be released in 2017 on Switch", followed by a PR about how, even if it was said in English, it was only about Japan.

https://twitter.com/NintendoES/status/817026319804493824

So it's confirmed the conference will be in english. NintendoSpain's twitter account said that the conference will be in english, but they will release tweets in Spanish during the event.

edit: already beaten

This also means that the presentation will be really "LIVE" and not a pre-recorded video otherwise they could have prepared subtitles for the non-English country.

Lom1lo

They wouldnt?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yeah imagine the conversation.

nintendo: hey nvidia, heard you have a fancy new chip.
nvida: yeah bro, but not enough for both of us
nintendo: well then, build it in the switch. no one wants a shield tv !
nvidia: sure, you get them and we use our old shit for the new shield tv
nintendo: cool

cant see that happening :D

Nibel

Not sure why people are scared of the live translation when all their Twitter accounts will live-tweet with the correct info anyway

funo

This also means that the presentation will be really "LIVE" and not a pre-recorded video otherwise they could have prepared subtitles for the non-English country.

I would expect them do prepare those very close to the event, same-day I'd guess, because they're very afraid of leaks.

Waji

Nintendo Belgium just tweeted that the press conference will be presented in English, and commented in French on twitter.
Drôle.
Poor French people who can't understand any other language.
Good thing I do and can follow Japanese too, so I have options.
I'm tempted to say they deserve it

LordKano

Drôle.
Poor French people who can't understand any other language.
Good thing I do and can follow Japanese too, so I have options.
I'm tempted to say they deserve it

I already have people whining about it on my Twitter's TL. As someone who followed Tokyo Game Show conferences undubbed without understanding anything of what was said, they don't know how spoiled they are.

AntMurda

Ah, thanks for the clarification. Didn't they offer to port Mother 3 once a while back?

I don't think so. Mother 3 is likely being done by the in-house VC team with their localization teams of course. 1-Up Studio is an ancillary graphic studio like Monolith (Kyoto). None of those two have any programmers or sound engineers etc, just graphic artists.

Brownie Brown the predecessor subsidiary to 1-Up Studio, is completely different staff.

Waji

I already have people whining about it on my Twitter's TL. As someone who followed Tokyo Game Show conferences undubbed without understanding anything of what was said, they don't know how spoiled they are.
Sometimes I wonder if I'm really French.
I'm amazed by how people suck with other language (if not with French too).
It's sad.

Since I'm watching this one with Intruder I'll go English version. I guess and hope they all are the same. Since it's a live I don't see how it couldn't. It's no N Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom