• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some Nobody

I dunno. I have a feeling we'll get more than just a Xenoblade Chronicles X port. Maybe Elma in Smash, some new DLC in the port, Amiibo and a small teaser for their new game. Now THAT... Would be amazing! :D

You're going to end up disappointed lol. Right now I'm setting expectations at "direct Xenoblade Chronicles X port". Even just assuming they made some QoL changes (like ditching the affinity system) would be HUGE and way too much for me to ask for, so I'm not going to do it. And a teaser for their next game? It would fit, thematically--something small, maybe 60 seconds, with no title? That'd be cool, but again something I don't wanna hype myself for in case it doesn't happen.

she also tweeted this picture 4 hours later :D

Well that's four hours later--probably totally unrelated. XD Though if I saw an XCX sequel I probably would HAVE to change pants because I needed new ones.

I wonder if NoE has finally discovered that streaming on Youtube is a thing. Then again, it won't even matter if there's only one English voiceover.

J@hranimo

Banned
We are getting there so soon!

auLpIhJ.gif

Oh man, Mr. Iwata...

6 days indeed! The weekend is gonna go by so fast.

Doctre81

Just a warning to those who are going to preorder one from bestbuy online. I saw a bunch of people complaining about this with the wiiU...

When you preorder a high priced item from them like a game system they do what it called a "precharge" on your account to makes sure everything is correct. This precharge does not have an approval code from your bank so that means the money appears back in your account within a few days.

The problem was though that bestbuy was doing this precharge like every other week. So if you are going to preorder from bestbuy make sure you have those funds in there for the next two months because essentially that money will be on hold on your account until then.

Another option may be to buy the amount in giftcards and use those for the preorder but we don't know how much it's gonna be though.

Well, today is almost over...

And weekdays always go by fast.

Then on Thursday we watch the presentation...

It's like two days, really.

It's like a cup of coffee, it'll go by like that. *Snaps fingers*

Make's me think of a quote from my favorite Seinfeld episode:

JERRY: It's only for three days. Today's over and we have tommorow. We leave on Sunday. It's one day, really.

Matbtz

I received an email to go try the Switch in Paris (the 14th or 15th January).

A lot of people received this email? It's the first time I "win" for those kind of things, I've never been to those kind of events except in Tokyo for the Nintendo World (where the 3DS was playable for the 1st time).

I think I might go.

Congrats ! I'm still waiting for mine for Paris /o/

Caelus

I think one of the features I'm looking most forward to is playing with split controls again, loved that with the Wii and will love it again now that there are more button inputs.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
That seems less likely than the 249 price tag.
But it needs them. I mean it really fucking needs them. Games on modern consoles are big. If the memory options aren't big, going digital is impossible. And I'm all digital these days. It's especially necessary to go all digital on a portable so I can have access to my library at any time.

I say this with all seriousness. If at least a 500Gb memory card is not available to purchase for the Switch, it's a deal breaker. Assuming the file sizes are similar to what they are on other modern consoles.

Gaspard

What if they did some sort of Iwata tribute in the begining

I would love it but I can see people comment that they should cut to the games.

But it needs them. I mean it really fucking needs them. Games on modern consoles are big. If the memory options aren't big, going digital is impossible. And I'm all digital these days. It's especially necessary to go all digital on a portable so I can have access to my library at any time.

I say this with all seriousness. If at least a 500Gb memory card is not available to purchase for the Switch, it's a deal breaker. Assuming the file sizes are similar to what they are on other modern consoles.

Talk to micro-SD manufacturers?

Hieberrr

I highly doubt Nintendo is going to sell Nintendo branded 500 GB SD/micro SD cards (high speed) at a subsidized price. It's going to be extremely expensive.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

I'd be shocked it if had a 500GB option. They'll just expect people who go digital and want all their games downloaded at all times to use multiple SD cards and would probably prefer people buying physical to make money off their proprietary carts--especially for third party games.

This and the what the OS looks/works like are my biggest questions for Thursday. Nothing will be a deal breaker for me, but this could be the biggest area they fall short in. Micro SD cards only go up to 256Gb at the moment from what I've seen.

Zalman

We'll probably see about every games from 2017, barring Pokémon and some small projects, so yeah.
I do wonder about that. How much do you guys think they would save for E3? While I do see the benefit of blowing their load right now, I can also easily imagine a lot of backlash come June if they barely have anything new to show.

what-ok

I bet we will be blindsided by something on the 12th that we couldn't imagine. Well, that's what my gut tells me or maybe it was that burrito.

LordKano

I just lurked at Laura Kate Dale's twitter account and, did this get discussed here ?
https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/817399120843378690
https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/817400805003264003

Laura heard that Koei Tecmo was working on a Nintendo IP that isn't Zelda nor Starfox.

I do wonder about that. How much do you guys think they would save for E3? While I do see the benefit of blowing their load right now, I can also easily imagine a lot of backlash come June if they barely have anything new to show.

I think they'll show 2018 games at E3, and new trailers for already announced holiday games.

I'm willing to bet we get "launch window" as in the first six months. Leaves E3 for them to discuss the holiday lineup games like Pokemon. They need to keep the conversation going on Switch for as long as possible. Throwing it all out there on the 12th won't help much with that.

Waji

I'm willing to bet we get "launch window" as in the first six months. Leaves E3 for them to discuss the holiday lineup games like Pokemon. They need to keep the conversation going on Switch for as long as possible. Throwing it all out there on the 12th won't help much with that.
I'm 99,99% sure we'll see teaser and/or trailers of a few games coming later, even 2018 ones.
You can always keep juicier trailers for later. Revealing a game can be done in several steps.
Since we have leaks, we can think of these as the first step. Teaser as a second and so on...
Doesn't means the next steps are worse, just remember how Mario 3D World was seen differently after the second big trailer.

Clov

Anyone else feeling a new IP reveal at the presentation?

With how successful Splatoon was for them, I'm definitely expecting them to try and make some more new IPs.

I just lurked at Laura Kate Dale's twitter account and, did this get discussed here ?
https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/817399120843378690
https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/817400805003264003

Laura heard that Koei Tecmo was working on a Nintendo IP that isn't Zelda nor Starfox.

Fire Emblem Musou, maybe?

I'm 99,99% sure we'll see teaser and/or trailers of a few games coming later, even 2018 ones.

Yeah... After writing that I realized I was a bit too direct. I think we'll get some teasers of games yet to come, but the primary focus will be launch window.

oti

Banned
I hope for a trailer with some short snippets of totally new games that will drive speculation on here for YEARS. Give us some mystique, Nintendo.

Waji

Yeah... After writing that I realized I was a bit too direct. I think we'll get some teasers of games yet to come, but the primary focus will be launch window.
Of course they have to promote the launch window game much more yes.
But also make everyone drool at the future : P.
(if you can quickly check my previous message again I added a few stuff after)

what-ok

Without too much Zelda info out here, I'm thinking DLC will be mentioned at the event or TreeHouse. I see Nintendo doing more with added content as they move forward. Making those extra $$$.

javadoze

Lexxism

500gb is not going to happen. I'll be happy to be prove wrong. Plus, Nintendo did a good job on WiiU games size. I remember getting more than 5 retail games on 32gb storage. That would be impossible on twin HD games.

Scrawnton

We'll probably see about every games from 2017, barring Pokémon and some small projects, so yeah.
I think we will see the launch and launch window games and that's it. Nintendo is gonna wanna make a big splash at E3 to keep hype going and they can't do that if they show off all their fall games now.

If anything we see a short tease of a fall game but no gameplay. This is my prediction.

Kikorin

I hope they'll only talk about games we will have this year, I don't like see teasers of games that will not be out until 2018 or more because usually the hype tend to decrease.

I would think how much of 2017 we get depends on how much there is. I can see them saving things like Smash and Mario Maker for E3, as well as the Retro teaser (if it's for 2018).
If we actually get Fire Emblem Mousou and it has a ton of Awakening/Fates characters (enough that people other than Robin, Corrin, Lucina, and Chrom get in. I want Cordelua, Severa, and Arthur goddammit) if may be the highlight of the show for me.

My biggest concerns are:
-Memory (I want digital Splatoon and Skyrim and I don't want that to be all I can ever download)
-Activity Log (3DS version please!)
-VC (get Cube on there stat and being out the third parties)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom