• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
See... my thought has always been that My Nintendo was released as early as possible so it's beyond ready for the Switch. That we have mediocre rewards for Wii-U/3DS always seemed to be the result of just needing "something" on the program before Switch comes out. Time will tell, but I'm optimistic.

I hope you're right homie. I like to keep my expectations low with N these days, so that I'm not disappointed so much.

STGHMAAV

Banned
1. You would look like a total lunatic, regardless of what your actual point would be.
2. People would make fun of you.
3. Mods would shut the thread down immediately.
4. We just wanna talk video games on here, man.
5. If Nintendo offered multiple colours for the Switch, which colour would you choose.

"Zelda-color" or Orange

Guys. We should be arguing about the important things

Like WHO will be the playable Toad in 3D Mario. Now as we all remember, red Toad wasn't playable in 3D world, it was Blue Toad.

I think Purple Toad deserves his chance.

Nairume

Banned
Yes but this rumor is so old that probably was for the DS lol
The rumor in question is from the past couple of years, and usually referenced the Switch/NX.

What you're thinking of is when SquareEnix openly talked about remaking 5 and 6 during the DS years and saying that they wanted to wait on them for better hardware.

oti

Banned
I'd go boring black. Works best with the huge black bezels of the screen and NO SMUDGES I OWNED THE WHITE 3DS XL NEVER AGAIN.

LordKano

Guys. We should be arguing about the important things

Like WHO will be the playable Toad in 3D Mario. Now as we all remember, red Toad wasn't playable in 3D world, it was Blue Toad.

I think Purple Toad deserves his chance.

Nobody cares about the purple color. Purple link got ejected of Triforce Heroes, Purple Luigi never got a real game starring him. It won't happen.

Nobody cares about the purple color. Purple link got ejected of Triforce Heroes, Purple Luigi never got a real game starring him. It won't happen.
3a1.png

Josh5890

1. You would look like a total lunatic, regardless of what your actual point would be.
5. If Nintendo offered multiple colours for the Switch, which colour would you choose.

images

Any one of these will do just fine

oti

Banned
Has anyone mentioned the idea of a Captain Toad sequel on Switch?

I mean, I fucking loved that game. Loved it.

I'm all for it. But please figure out the camera first, Nintendo.

You know, with the big names out early (Zelda, MK, Splatoon, 3D Mario) I hope we'll see more new games like Toad. Just more air for the developers to try new things.

There was a small piece on the Nintendo Switch in today's Metro in the gaming section saying that it's going to be £249 in the UK.

It doesn't seem to be on their website though.

There was a small piece on the Nintendo Switch in today's Metro in the gaming section saying that it's going to be £249 in the UK.

It doesn't seem to be on their website though.

It's been discussed.

The fact they mention that indie game kind of suggests they've had their ear to Twitter and know nothing themselves.

Does anyone else think that the Switch could potentially be the Gaming community's version of Trump & Brexit? What I mean by this is that most, if not all, criticism so far has been assumptions, assuming people don't want the basic concept, assuming people only care about power, assuming that 3rd party support will be at the same level as the Wii U; it's exactly the same as those two situations I pointed out as before they happened most of GAF and the left-wing simply assumed that neither could win.

Every time the topic of 3rd party support comes up, for example, we hear the tired "same old song and dance" lines trotted out despite their being so much different between the Switch now and the Wii U at the same time before launch. Much the same way people wrote off Brexit before Trump won, people are writing off Skyrim, NBA, From Software, etc as either "old ports" or "unprecedented partnerships" without any critical thinking about what even having those around means for the machine. On the first party side we have people decrying MK8, Splatoon, etc as "just Wii U ports" even though remasters and remakes have been incredibly prevalent, and overall successful, this generation. We live in a world where GTAV; a two year old port of a three year old game, is still in the Top 10 Sales Charts often, for example. Many even write off any benefits it could have from being a handheld because it's also a console and vice-versa, all whilst focusing on the negatives both form factors bring instead.

Now, of course, the Switch and Nintendo have a very big uphill battle if they want the thing to be a success; and no I am not saying it will come anywhere close to the Wii, but I just think that the general concensus that the thing won't set the world on fire is inherently misguided.

Should I make this a thread? It could potentially be interesting but I fear it's a bit of a stupid topic and it might get overridden by console wars.

Please make this a thread.

Asd202

The rumor in question is from the past couple of years, and usually referenced the Switch/NX.

What you're thinking of is when SquareEnix openly talked about remaking 5 and 6 during the DS years and saying that they wanted to wait on them for better hardware.

It really doesn't make senese for SE to make a FFVI remake now when there making VII remake also being Switch exclusive makes even more sense when SE puts everything with a budget on PS4 unless of course Nintendo is paying for it.

hatchx

Banned
I would love to see another one of those games somewhere down the road.

Down the road? Down the road?! I want it at launch bruh

I'm all for it. But please figure out the camera first, Nintendo.

You know, with the big names out early (Zelda, MK, Splatoon, 3D Mario) I hope we'll see more new games like Toad. Just more air for the developers to try new things.

Yes, give the option for no gyro camera please. Ironic since I begged for it in most games in my Splatoon thread, but it was a little bit annoying with the isometric structure of Toad.

Plum

Sorry but I just want to ask; if I removed the analogies and just called it "Are we underestimating the Switch?" would these still happen?

Net

Sorry but I just want to ask; if I removed the analogies and just called it "Are we underestimating the Switch?" would these still happen?

The analogies are the core of the message. If you strip them away you're left with nothing but a generic "Please be excited."

oti

Banned
Down the road? Down the road?! I want it at launch bruh

Yes, give the option for no gyro camera please. Ironic since I begged for it in most games in my Splatoon thread, but it was a little bit annoying with the isometric structure of Toad.
It just ruined the game's casual appeal. It's as difficult to control as an FPS.

People would answer "wait until the event" or "why is this a thread".

I wouldn't mind a deep, almost iridescent blue.

Plum

The analogies are the core of the message. If you strip them away you're left with nothing but a generic "Please be excited."

It just ruined the game's casual appeal. It's as difficult to control as an FPS.

People would answer "wait until the event" or "why is this a thread".

So damned if I do... damned if I don't. Shame because I too want to talk about videogames and thought it was interesting how many parallels there have between the Switch and those two.

Net

So damned if I do... damned if I don't. Shame because I too want to talk about videogames and thought it was interesting how many parallels there have between the Switch and those two.

Just listen to your heart. You know what to do.

Wait for the event. I don't think there's been parallels, these two are political outcomes, the switch is a new videogame. I wouldn't want to mix both of them. If you make a "are we underestimating the switch?" your thread will be locked. People on GAF can't predict the outcome of everything. You would bring only people that would attack you or the system.

Nairume

Banned
It really doesn't make senese for SE to make a FFVI remake now when there making VII remake also being Switch exclusive makes even more sense when SE puts everything with a budget on PS4 unless of course Nintendo is paying for it.
Which was seemingly part of the rumor.

That said, there is a little more sense in a Switch remake of FF6, since they would probably make that in a way that could see easier ports to mobile phones and other platforms that would help them recoup costs.

If SE makes them, I see both (6 and 7) of them being made with UE4,(maybe VI in a different style) and both would come to PS4 and Switch

Plum

Wait for the event. I don't think there's been parallels, these two are political outcomes, the switch is a new videogame. I wouldn't want to mix both of them. If you make a "are we underestimating the switch?" your thread will be locked. People on GAF can't predict the outcome of everything. You would bring only people that would attack you or the system.

I'm not predicting anything, and I myself have said "wait for the event" to other leople many times before. I realize now that my wording was terrible, people thought I was talking about the outcomes themselves when instead I was looking at how people are failing to look at things critically because of pre-conceived ideas of what that outcome will be.

I thought it was interesting but it's clear others (and maybe the mods, though I don't know) don't so I simply won't bother. I'll just wait for the event.

Doesn't matter the colour, the joy-cons should support face plates like the n3DS!
Kimishima specially mentioned there were going to be accessories. I feel like Nintendo is banking on making big money from switchable joy cons and other accessories.

I'm so looking forward to the meltdowns for any exclusive game that's a Bayo 2 situation next week.

You already know how it's gonna go with Nintendo. No matter what there will be complaining about how Nintendo doesn't do what "we want" or make a magical 10 hour battery life and how they're the worst ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom