• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nairume

Banned
Not sure what IP could have the same impact that one had.
Fan favorite but niche product that sold respectably but not great, and has not appeared on a Nintendo system previously but by a developer who did have a history with them.

Vanquish would be obvious given the Platinum collection, but I dunno if that was ever quite as big/beloved as Bayo. Maybe Valkyria?

Moltenix

Imagine if Half Life 3, Portal 3 and Left 4 Dead 3 were all announced to be Switch exclusives. GAF would crash so hard, never to recover ever again.

Imagine if Half Life 3, Portal 3 and Left 4 Dead 3 were all announced to be Switch exclusives. GAF would crash so hard, never to recover ever again.

Imagine all of the third party games announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC are moved to the Switch as permanent exclusives?

Damn, the 12th will be great!

Bayonetta 3 would be amazing, if anything though we'd just get a CGI teaser like Bayo2's announcement... aren't Platinum really busy at the moment with other projects? I can dream :(

Oregano

Bayo 2 got such a visceral reaction because it was a sequel to a game on rival platforms. That's why Sony didn't get any flak when they announced Shenmue 3.
;-)

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
What is the StarFox zero team working on at Platinum

The Platinum team was a few production people and artists. It wasn't a real game team. The programmers and other production people came from Nintendo. And most of the artists were from outsource companies.

Malyse

I can't wait for some of the handheld only series to come to HD glory. Like Style Savvy and Style Savvy and

bI0oldQ.gif

oti

Banned
Hmmm that's a good point. A pointer might work though...

I don't believe it can work any other way.
I don't believe GungHo actually wants it to work any other way. The 3DS version pretty much only exists for brand recognition. Play this Nintendo version of the game, now go and play the real version on your phone.

An odd choice, but one sequel to a Wii game I REALLY want to see is Sonic Riders 3 (not counting Free Riders), complete with a full story mode, AND the 4kids cast back one last time (as well as retaining all sound effects that were from the Adventure-era).

That's just me though, because I LOVE Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity on Wii. I was really sad a sequel on Wii didn't show up in holiday '09/spring 2010 using the Balance Board, and would've been the last 4kids-voiced game.

Oregano

I don't believe it can work any other way.
I don't believe GungHo actually wants it to work any other way. The 3DS version pretty much only exists for brand recognition. Play this Nintendo version of the game, now go and play the real version on your phone.

Well I'm not sure why else Gung-ho would be on there, it would be redundant if it was just for The Silver Case. Then again Nintendo listed both Square Enix and Tokyo RPG Factory.

oti

Banned
Well I'm not sure why else Gung-ho would be on there, it would be redundant if it was just for The Silver Case. Then again Nintendo listed both Square Enix and Tokyo RPG Factory.

Nintendo would list ANYTHING on there. Having the biggest list possible is the point of the list itself.

6 YEARS TIL THE PRESENTATION

"We're happy to announce that the Nintendo Switch came out 6 years ago, we have no idea why we waited 6 years to even tell you the release date but, still, we managed to beat Sega in announcing a release date to a system after it's released. They did it the same day with the Saturn, WE did it 6 years later! Buy one now!"

18-Volt

Switch exclusive Bully 2 would cause Chernobyl levels of meltdowns here in Gaf.

Nintendo loves to salvage long dead projects, Starcraft Ghost would create literal protests in the streets. In Korea.

Nairume

Banned
What sense would Bayonetta 3 even make. Last one sold terribly even by wii u standards
Sometimes it's not about sales as much as it is about building good will and a diversified library....which is why they rescued Bayo 2 and Devil's Third in the first place.

What sense would Bayonetta 3 even make. Last one sold terribly even by wii u standards
Considering the game sold poorly on the PS3 and 360, that's not surprising. I mean, for systems with significantly larger install bases that were / are given far more attention than the Wii U, the game sold miserably, much like everything else Platinum Games make

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
No it didn't. It sold good. It sold horrible on Xbox 360 and PS3 (the first game).

What? Bayonetta launched stronger than Bayonetta 2, officially broke 1 million in sales, while no official report exists for the latter. The only data implying otherwise is VG Chartz which are banned from use as a source here for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom