• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Net

If Pokemon Stars is a holiday title, does anyone have any clue as to whether that might be enough time for them to add Kanto?

They should delay it until Kanto is a thing.

jdstorm

Banned
Wonderful 101 without the gameplay isn't wonderful 101.
(I really want more W101, though)

Counterpoint. Imagine playing a 3rd person Mousou game as a Wonder Blue Style Swordsman and then recruiting a whole battlefield of warring characters to form a Giant Sword that is needed to fight a giant mech that has just entered the battlefield

OK Now i really want this game that will never happen

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
As someone who really likes Bayonetta 2 and considers it a great game, I'd say it's a pretty over-rated game. Don't think I've seen a fanbase that worshops a developer as hard as Platinum Games's fanbase (Not saying you're a fanboy, just speaking generally here)
Iono man, From and Hideo Kojima fans...

One thing to keep in mind with Platinum is they're in Osaka which is right down the road from Kyoto. Under 30 miles away.

I think this is also why Nintendo has been closer to Capcom (also in Osaka) over the years than other third parties based out of Tokyo and why Nintendo went with Universal (who has a theme park in Osaka) over Disney.

Location seems to be a factor for them culturally as a company... maybe they can meet more frequently with an area company and build trust?

Has Disney ever used a Non-Disney IP in their parks?

hatchx

Banned
I am sure that Platinum would not say no to it but yeah, there is no way Bayo 3 can justify the cost of development.

I mean, we need to take into consideration three things.

1. The WiiU was a flop. Had it not been, Bayonetta 2 would have sold a lot better.

2. Bayonetta 2 got fantastic reviews and a couple of GOTY nods. It was a critical darling.

3. Bayonetta is in Smash Bros.

I mean, we need to take into consideration three things.

1. The WiiU was a flop. Had it not been, Bayonetta 2 would have sold a lot better.

2. Bayonetta 2 got fantastic reviews and a couple of GOTY nods. It was a critical darling.

3. Bayonetta is in Smash Bros.

Nintendo could allow them to put Bayo 2 at this point on Xbone/PS4. The proceeds could help fund Bayo 3 development as a timed exclusive on Switch.

I really think they should port Bayo2 to Switch. It got a high ranking on metacritic on top of being an excellent game. A few upgrades liked locked frame rate and/or higher resolutions and any minor fixes they can add in would be great.
Counterpoint. Imagine playing a 3rd person Mousou game as a Wonder Blue Style Swordsman and then recruiting a whole battlefield of warring characters to form a Giant Sword that is needed to fight a giant mech that has just entered the battlefield

OK Now i really want this game that will never happen
PG's action games are better than musou. I want a Wonder Blue solo game by Kamiya if anything

Older third party games that should be considered for Switch should include:

(especially if some sold for a discounted price!)

- Prince of Persia Sands of Time HD remake.
- Bayonetta 1+2 or Bayo 2+ Wonderful 101
- Resident Evil 1 Remake + Resi 4
- Dead Rising
- Metal Gear Rising
- Marvel Vs Capcom 3
- Ridge Racer
- Xcom 2
- Borderlands franchise
- Ace Combat

Older third party games that should be considered for Switch should include:

(especially if some sold for a discounted price!)

- Prince of Persia Sands of Time HD remake.
- Bayonetta 1+2 or Bayo 2+ Wonderful 101
- Resident Evil 1 Remake + Resi 4
- Dead Rising
- Metal Gear Rising
- Marvel Vs Capcom 3
- Ridge Racer
- Xcom 2
- Borderlands franchise
- Ace Combat

Not having Okami HD on that list means I can't take it seriously.

Destin replied saying he's thinking about making an answer video to RMC's to better make his point.

I still don't think the Sony podcast should have even wasted time on the Switch especially when the console is not a real threat at all to Playstation as far as the PR cycle on spec-leaks seems to point towards. So the video felt more as kicking the dirt on the platform just to cause fans to react badly at this point.

hatchx

Banned
Nintendo could allow them to put Bayo 2 at this point on Xbone/PS4. The proceeds could help fund Bayo 3 development as a timed exclusive on Switch.

I feel like they'd sooner port Bayo 1 + 2 to Switch.

In fact, I'd be pretty surprised if they don't consider the massive critical appeal. I'd rebut just to play portably.

HotHamBoy

You can make money building a roster.. everybody on the team aint the best

That's not how this works...

So is Wii U BC just completely out of the question? Plenty of games didn't use the gamepad or had Pro controller modes.

I'm surprised that the Switch can't just communicate with the dock wirelessly. That would make the touchscreen situation irrelevant.

I guess the Switch probably couldn't play Wii U, now that I think about it, because it would have to have a Wii U mode, which means using the real hardware just like every Nintendo system with BC with the previous generation does. It wouldn't work with the tablet but I wonder if they could squeeze the Wii U guts into the dock... and the undocked Switch is only a gamepad in that mode..

So is Wii U BC just completely out of the question? Plenty of games didn't use the gamepad or had Pro controller modes.

I'm surprised that the Switch can't just communicate with the dock wirelessly. That would make the touchscreen situation irrelevant.
That is how it work. You gotta build.

Yall cry they wont make a new fzero or metroid but some people wont buy the console or jump in the ecosystem because of it. Those game aint some amazing sellers but they build the catalog. Same with 3rd party games.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I love TW101. However tonally the game was a mess. It looked like a childrens game but it had all sorts of violence and Inuendo. Tonlly it alienated both family and mature gamers.

You haven't watched a Japanese henshin hero tokusatsu show right? Because that shit is common there.

Give me something Atlus, something Monolith (even if it's just the XCX port), and/or something Intelligent Systems at this reveal and I'll be satisfied on a game level I guesss... maybe. As for the thing itself. They got to, GOT TO get their online service right though. I hope they show stuff related to tha, that at least looks satisfactory until we get to try it.

I guess the Switch probably couldn't play Wii U, now that I think about it, because it would have to have a Wii U mode, which means using the real hardware just like every Nintendo system with BC with the previous generation does. It wouldn't work with the tablet but I wonder if they could squeeze the Wii U guts into the dock... and the undocked Switch is only a gamepad in that mode..

I'm fairly certain they've established that the Switch itself is the tablet not the dock and the system is now cartridge based, so a backwards compatable Switch would have to have an entire optical drive added onto it to play the older games.
It's more likely that they bring some of the older games (that aren't getting some sort of Switch Ultimate Edition) over as quick and dirty ports (almost like New Play Control games for Wii) and put them out digitally. I can see that happening for Mario U, 3D World, and Wonderful 101 at least. A Bayonetta rerelease seems like it could go physical too.

I feel like they'd sooner port Bayo 1 + 2 to Switch.

In fact, I'd be pretty surprised if they don't consider the massive critical appeal. I'd rebut just to play portably.

I'm already assuming Bayo 2 will at least be on Switch. Look, almost ALL Wii U games will end up on Switch so Nintendo can attempt to make Nintendo like Profits.

- Mario Maker
- DKTF
- Bayo 2
- Pokken
- Captain Toad
- #FE
- Star Fox
- Paper Mario
- Zelda TP and WW
- Mario 3d World
- Pikmin 3
-Xenoblade Chronicles X

All these games are coming to Switch! ALL OF THEM. Nintendo won't say that all at once, cause people will blow a gasket. But Nintendo will release 5 or so ports a year, every year over the life of Switch. It is easy money, Nintendo is not in a position to turn down easy money. It also fills in the software droughts.

Some of the games will be enhanced like Star Fox, Captain Toad, and Mario Tennis. Some may be straight ports like Paper Mario and DKTF. But they are ALL coming.

It is crazy to think otherwise.

Neoxon

Give me something Atlus, something Monolith (even if it's just the XCX port), and/or something Intelligent Systems at this reveal and I'll be satisfied on a game level I guesss... maybe. As for the thing itself. They got to, GOT TO get their online service right though. I hope they show stuff related to tha, that at least looks satisfactory until we get to try it.
According to Laura, we're gonna get Xenoblade X, but the port won't be done by Monolith (implying that they're working on something else).

Discomurf

where are the leaks bruh?

afa2f621611ac09ecd4a477834899a8a03178d8326cbdd26ba038a8588becca8_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom