• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really like mario strikers to be honest, i played a good amount of both but never thought that they were phenomenal, Next Level Games convinced me with punch out and luigi's mansion, those are my favorite games from that studio.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I love this commercial because it really resonated with the reasons why it's so popular.

z84uU7d.gif

Luigi's Mansion 2 sold well so I wouldn't be surprised if a third one was being made for the 3DS or Wii U but got moved over to the Switch.

shingi70

Banned
So I was able to switch days so I now have Friday off. I'll actually thinking about just going to sleep and watching the reveal the next day with my girlfriend.

Waji

Is there any chance Square can get the Chrono Trigger band back together and do a Chrono game that captures the spirit of the original and is exclusive to the Switch? The year of dreams DID happen...
Maybe if they give some money to Tokyo RPG Factory, but I wouldn't count on it.

For me the games aren't as much of an issue. I expect great games. Even Wii U had great games albeit not the ones I wanted the play. The two things I need to see to really jump on this hype train full steam until launch are:

1. Good online infrastructure without restrictions. I want to be able to send my friends messages again. I want voice chat. These things are standard but Nintendo could even make them better if they tried. Swapnote used to allow quirky messages, so I would love to see something like that integrated into the system and not as as separate app.

2. Better third party support. I definitely don't need or expect Mass Effect and the like, but I think the big franchises need to be there. Call of Duty, Assasins Creed, Fifa, Madden, NBA, Batman etc should all release day and date with other systems. Graphical downgrades are fine because playing them portable is a big seller.

I honestly still can't believe they gave Metroid Prime 3 one of those "Wii would like to pay" commercials.

I dunno, those ads worked perfectly for the casual multiplayer stuff like Wii Sports and Mario Strikers Charged, but it's kinda bizarre doing it with a more mature single-player experience like MP lol.

My prediction for the remaining gifs:
4 Days - 3DS
3 Days - Wii U
2 Days - ???
1 Day - Nintendo Land fireworks

Nintendo Land Fireworks lol. The most disappointed I've ever been by Nintendo was those fireworks! It started out so great with Pikmin (I love those games), and ended so so badly. They should have switched those games, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom