• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily for me, I know I'll be very busy at work on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, so they should go by pretty quick.

I'm hyped as hell as this is the first system I care about beforehand since 56k Internet. There was almost a decade where my interest in gaming waned. The 3DS brought me back but I only found out about it two days after it launched when I saw a demo unit at Best Buy and was blown away by the system. I wasn't aware of the Wii U reveal in 2011 so I missed that, and I caught the re-reveal in 2012 but by that point I already expected there wasn't gonna be much to be excited about at launch and the presentations cemented that. I watched the PS4 and Xbox One reveals but there was nothing for me.

My hype level for the Switch though is through the roof - the roof being lack of disposable income.

sphinx

the piano man
from all the reveals, leaks, rumors in the past year, there is ONE piece of information that has me hyped:

Emily Rogers said:
According to her sources, a primary focus for Nintendo with the NX launch is a vastly increased rate of software output, with a completely new strategy being developed to make games faster and more effeciently. This does not mean that games won't be delayed if they need more development time, but the NX definitely won't be what we experienced on Wii U with three month droughts on a regular basis

and I can't find it but I am VERY sure she once said (I paraphrase):

"Softwarewise, Nintendo will have a first year like we've neve seen before, never has nintendo released that many games in such a short period of time"

if that is anywhere near true, I think in 5 days we will have a nintendo E3 blowout, their biggest ever since their E3 2006 event.

Vita means life y'all.

Anyway for me the Vita was worth it just for Persona 4 Golden edition. However, if the Switch can get some of those niche games from the system it'll be great.

Ogodei

Nintendo Land Fireworks lol. The most disappointed I've ever been by Nintendo was those fireworks! It started out so great with Pikmin (I love those games), and ended so so badly. They should have switched those games, honestly.

That definitely would have made more sense, start with the fireworks and then be all "Welcome to Nintendo Land," and then end with Pikmin, which is what everyone was looking forward to out of that presentation anyway.

Genio88

5A maximum charge through USB-C
~30 minute charge

battery is around 2500 mA*hr
Impossible, that would be a disaster, and battery life awful, battery will likely be ≥4200mah, also those 30 minutes for full charge is inaccurate, i know Obe1 leaked that but not even my phone with quick charge 3.0 and 3000mah battery manage that

from all the reveals, leaks, rumors in the past year, there is ONE piece of information that has me hyped:

"Softwarewise, Nintendo will have a first year like we've neve seen before, never has nintendo released that many games in such a short period of time"

if that is anywhere near true, I think in 5 days we will have a nintendo E3 blowout, their biggest ever since their E3 2006 event.

I just hope they spend as little time as possible on the Wii U ports. I'm probably going to buy a lot of them, but I really don't need to see those games.

that was an emily rogers rumor from, like, september

it sure does sound good but it seems like it can be mostly attributed to all the games that used to be divided by handheld/console releases now being combined. Beyond that, who knows.

The_Lump

Banned
If Nintendo will not show the 3rt party stuff then what was the point in stopping them from announcing Switch versions already?

I never said they wouldn't show it. I'm saying if they don't go into that much depth on particular games, then we'll still get much more info in the days/weeks following the event from the developers themselves.

Exciting times are coming.

Yeah, don't hold your breath for that. To expect anything but the bare minimum test games from 3rd parties is totally unreasonable.

So no, there won't be any flood gates opening, more like a few droplets here and there.

You misunderstood my post. I'm not saying there will be a tonne of unannounced games after the event. I'm saying there will be lots more info on the games they do announce, in the coming weeks.

And...

there are also hands-on events in a lot of major cities/countries where fans are allowed to participate and are allowed to share footage they themselves filmed/photographed.

we will get a lot of new stuff in the days after the event.

This. Fun times ahead :)

Jeez, some of you really try hard not to be positive.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
You guys should have been in my head pre Vita release. It was awesome. The excitement was unlike anything else. So many hopes and dreams. You all would have had a great time in my head. Instead you were in your own boring tasteless heads. It's a shame. I pity you.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Wow, we're so close. Been waiting SO FUCKING LONG, I hope we get at least a couple real surprises.

I'm excited to see what is new in the Splatoon port.

Neoxon

I just hope they spend as little time as possible on the Wii U ports. I'm probably going to buy a lot of them, but I really don't need to see those games.
Considering the amount of updates that the ports may get & the hype surrounding which characters may get in the Smash 4 port, I'd expect a decent amount of time going to the enhanced ports (unless they plan on doing separate Directs for each of them at a later date).

Neoxon

Do we have any recent leaks/rumors regarding the OS and the online system?
Laura mentioned during her interview with OBE1 that a source described a tile-based OS, along the lines of the Wii U & the 3DS. No word on the online system, though.

oatmeal

Banned
Excited for the event, but I can't shake the feeling that it will be another case of Nintendo doing 90% really well, but that 10% decision will be so stupid that it is the thing people focus on going forward and hype dies for a lot.

J@hranimo

Banned
I love this commercial because it really resonated with the reasons why it's so popular.

z84uU7d.gif

They really nailed Wii marketing back in the day.

I really find heard tecmo is working on anything else but fire emblem, it just fits... plus would be a good fire emblem game to hold us over until the next real one come out since the hardware jumped way up in specs and they probably want to go hard on that shit

J@hranimo

Banned
I'm prepared for Nintendo going one step forward, two steps back with something regarding the online infrastructure, even with DeNA's help :p

When did the "Its Nintendo" meme started happening?

I mean every time someone thinks of something extremely pessimistic they say its Nintendo lol.

Nairume

Banned
I really find heard tecmo is working on anything else but fire emblem, it just fits... plus would be a good fire emblem game to hold us over until the next real one come out since the hardware jumped way up in specs and they probably want to go hard on that shit
To be fair, Fire Emblem makes more sense at a cursory glance than Zelda, and yet they still managed to make that work.

But it does make sense for them to do Fire Emblem now, since, yeah, it would be a really good way to keep Fire Emblem on everybody's minds while they give IntSys more time to work on FE Switch. Unless, of course, Atlus is tapped to make another one while KT does something else.

Excited for the event, but I can't shake the feeling that it will be another case of Nintendo doing 90% really well, but that 10% decision will be so stupid that it is the thing people focus on going forward and hype dies for a lot.

There's really four things that they need to nail and they should be fine. Price, region lock, launch games (Zelda is a must at this point), and having third party support that at the very least is respectable. Something on the GC's level would be fine. People talk a lot about how bad Nintendo's console third party support has been, but the GC's wasn't bad at all. It obviously missed out on some heavy hitters, but it still received a good amount of support. They certainly won't have an issue garnering better support than the Wii U had, which i'd say had the worst third party support ever for a console from one of the major manufacturers.

Nairume

Banned
I'm prepared for Nintendo going one step forward, two steps back with something regarding the online infrastructure, even with DeNA's help :p
Is that even fair to say after the jump from the Wii's infrastructure to the 3DS/WiiU?

Seems like pretty much the only thing that got regressed on is them dropping the ability to gift software to people on your friends list.

AdanVC

I wonder how Miiverse and Miis are going to be integrated this time around. It seems they will continue staying this generation since they just launched Miitomo. Some kind of Miitomo / Switch implementation would be cool.

They need to be like Sony and carefully hide that negative thing like Sony did with paying online multiplayer.

Till this very day it still boggles my mind how everyone started clapping their hands when Sony announced that you would have to pay for online multiplayer.

A little over 5 days until Nintendo's biggest event in an extremely long time. A little over 6 days until I get to play actual Switch demos. It doesn't feel real.

Oregano

They need to be like Sony and carefully hide that negative thing like Sony did with paying online multiplayer.

Till this very day it still boggles my mind how everyone started clapping their hands when Sony announced that you would have to pay for online multiplayer.

The thing is people don't seek that stuff out as much. It was really apparent when the Switch clockspeeds were revealed. Vita is underclocked significantly but that info didn't come out until years later and wasn't a big news item.

If it's well-done and with some decent marketing, easily.

Not to mention potentially on the heels of a mobile game.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Has the amazon.de page always said that breath of the wild for wii u will be released on 31.03.2017?

probably a placeholder? I've not visited that page in a long time and can't remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom