• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimawolf

in the scale from 1 to 5 , how do you guys thinks you'll rate the presentation when it's over?

1= Meh hardware all around, bad price, nothing but leaked software. pre-order cancelled

2= Eh, I expected more but there was this one redeeming thing in the presentation, will probably get day one

3=
What I expected on all accounts, I am still hyped, and will get day one,

4= Almost perfect, new games, fair price, exciting hardware, I am sold.

5= my mind is blown, I can't believe what I just saw, I'll take 3 of those thank you.

4-5 are my optimistic opinions.

3-4 my realistic expectation.

HylianTom

Banned
I'm guessing around a 3 for me. I'm hyped, and I'm a man on a singular mission. I need details. Any extra game lineup surprises or hardware features are pure lagniappe.

Nia

sN4IRMT.jpg

Finally finished. I eagerly await the event.

It starts at 11pm for me. I'm still at work at that time, but I'm usually home by 12:30am. So my plan is to have the live stream, Amazon and GameStop pages up on my PC before I leave for work, uninstall social media apps from my phone and go about my day. When the NES Classic released, online orders opened at around 1am so I don't think I'll have to worry about preorders running out in the time span of the event starting and my drive home. Though if preorders do open sooner than when I get home, I hope I can still get one reserved. I've never preordered a console before.

hayejin

It starts at 11pm for me. I'm still at work at that time, but I'm usually home by 12:30am. So my plan is to have the live stream, Amazon and GameStop pages up on my PC before I leave for work, uninstall social media apps from my phone and go about my day. When the NES Classic released, online orders opened at around 1am so I don't think I'll have to worry about preorders running out in the time span of the event starting and my drive home. Though if preorders do open sooner than when I get home, I hope I can still get one reserved. I've never preordered a console before.

Crap! I was hoping for online pre-orders to open on 13th following Tree house event. I guess I'm screwed then. I'll be working all night on 12th.

I am going to be F5ing amazon like a fucking lunatic.

basik

Do i have to sign up for best buy gamers club before i preorder the console or can I give receipt and still get points later?

Crap! I was hoping for online pre-orders to open on 13th following Tree house event. I guess I'm screwed then. I'll be working all night on 12th.

Yea, it's pretty much guaranteed the price will be revealed at the event, so preorders will open. Also, time zones. I'm in EST but you might be luckier.

fossi8

Do we know how long will be the presentation? 1 hour maybe? After presentation we got nothing until treehouse stream? (Besides spending hours here in 10+ Switch new threads)

BowieZ

Banned
The whole GAF bingo thing makes no sense to me lol. If anything, the bingo squares should be pre-determined but we have to pick where we place 25 of them.

Kinsei

Banned
Yeah I'm really hoping for the next day in the morning. But then Nintendo Mini pre-orders opened up late in the evening.

You were able to pre-order the mini? Lucky you. Here in Canada there were no pre-orders and it was a free for all on launch day.

This is sort of off topic, but with MS closing down studios and games I worry about some of the IP's they have.

I really wished they would sell the Banjo Kazooie IP to Nintendo so Nintendo could make those games again. I know we'll probably would never get it, but that would be such a great surprise for me to see that one day.

And I don't know how Rare is doing with their Sea of Thieves game. I worry for them too.

AntMurda

This is sort of off topic, but with MS closing down studios and games I worry about some of the IP's they have.

I really wished they would sell the Banjo Kazooie IP to Nintendo so Nintendo could make those games again. I know we'll probably would never get it, but that would be such a great surprise for me to see that one day.

And I don't know how Rare is doing with their Sea of Thieves game. I worry for them too.

But Nintendo wasn't that interested in the IP back in 2002 when they passed on the full-acquisition, even facilitated the transfer of IP ownership, so why would they be now 15 years later?

BowieZ

Banned
Together can we come up with a list of reasonable but slightly unexpected fun "predictions" (from which we can create a bingo card)?

For example:

New Metroid
Zelda at launch
Price - $249 (or your choice)
MK8 Retro - Wario Colosseum (or your choice)

I dunno I'm not good with coming up with this stuff

Honestly, if Microsoft started selling some of their IPs off, I'd prefer for Banjo to go to Playtonic than Nintendo.

But I suppose we should wait and see how Yooka-Laylee turns out.

Sponge

Banned
Honestly, if Microsoft started selling some of their IPs off, I'd prefer for Banjo to go to Playtonic than Nintendo.

If Yooka-Laylee turns out great I couldn't care less what happens to Banjo. We'd have a good Banjo successor on multiple platforms opposed to a Banjo sequel stuck on one platform.

random25

I doubt Nintendo is even interested in buying the Banjo IP, or any Rare IPs for that matter.

The best thing MS can do for the franchise is hire Playtonic to make a new Banjo together with Rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom