• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you were talking about 3DS, that was confusing when you said hardware that isn't complete garbage. Because 3DS is!

A mediocre console is something Switch will be, but it will be a crazzzzy upgrade for 3DS.

Going from a handheld to a console with $60 titles will have that effect.

Taker666

If you owned the digital versions.. You may be able to purchase the other ones for less. That's really the only thing I would be able to see that they would do.

Yeah..it would be nice if you could pay extra to upgrade to the digital Switch version from the digital Wii U version.

I can't see myself paying full price for Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, Mario Maker etc again... but if you could upgrade for $10-$20 then I probably would.

fossi8

At this point I dont need more leaks, tweets or Obe1 videos, just waiting for the presentation to surprise us and hoping will be funny.

I don't at all get why Nintendo would go for such short launch supply for Switch when launching with a flagship game that is highly anticipated. People have waited years for BotW, and you're going to launch it same day with your brand-new console that apparently is going to be hard to obtain? Why would you make it harder for people to play a huge game they are highly anticipating? It's not like they're going to be, "Whatever, couldn't get a Switch, so I'll just buy BotW for Wii U instead."

I say theres atleast one big rumor or leak coming. Some stuff might leak like a hour before the event. I remember laura knew the switch name like a hour before the switch video.

Starfox leaked at e3 14 from Times because they already was playing the games and stuff before the direct lol

I don't at all get why Nintendo would go for such short launch supply for Switch when launching with a flagship game that is highly anticipated. People have waited years for BotW, and you're going to launch it same day with your brand-new console that apparently is going to be hard to obtain? Why would you make it harder for people to play a huge game they are highly anticipating? It's not like they're going to be, "Whatever, couldn't get a Switch, so I'll just buy BotW for Wii U instead."

We don't even know for sure that BoTW is coming at launch!

E-phonk

Banned

2 million is like 1/7th of what Wii U sold in it's entire lifespan. You can't blame them for being a bit conservative.
Although I expect shipments to follow quickly if the sales are good, it's not the holiday season this time.

Two million is kind of low, but it's not that low, especially in March. If the launch is successful, Nintendo will produce more units quickly. Kimishima has already gone on record stating they can ramp up production if they need to.

opricnik

Banned
I wonder if Switch can handle fighting games at respectable resolution/frame rate.

Wii U had Injustice 1 i think while 3DS has Tekken and SF43DS(as launch title).

Maybe they will announce Injustice 2 (it has months of silence??), UMVC3 port(for launch?),
and Tekken 7 when it comes out.
Maybe MVC Infinite even?

I wonder can it run Tekken 7 though , it really looks phenomenal. If they had 2 of my listed games i would buy Switch Day1.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I wonder if Switch can handle fighting games at respectable resolution/frame rate.

Maybe they will announce Injustice 2 (it has months of silence??), UMVC3 port(for launch?),
Maybe MVC Infinite even?

I wonder can it run Tekken 7 though , it really looks phenomenal. If they had 2 of my listed games i would buy Switch Day1.

Don't forget Wii U had a great port of TTT2.

Some last minute predictions:

- Miyamoto's Super Mario Ran pun t-shirt is actually teasing the K-T title - Samurai Warriors: Mushroom Kingdom
- South Park will be a launch title
- New Danganronpa V3 and Dragon Quest Builders will be launch titles in JP
- Dragon Quest XI will launch Q2 in JP
- Kingdom Hearts III will be confirmed as coming to Switch and I.5+II.5 will be a launch title. II.8 will remain PlayStation exclusive
- Final Fantasy VII Remake will come to Switch, but due to Sony's timed exclusivity, they won't be able to mention it
- Ni No Kuni II will be announced for Switch

Maybe MVC Infinite even?

If the Vita and 3DS could handle fighting games, the Switch can DEFINITELY handle fighting games

LordKano

Maybe MVC Infinite even?

I'd bet on Tekken 7 and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. Both seems like the safest choices.

Maybe MVC Infinite even?

i'd say MvC Infinite is super likely.
Tekken is at least possible.

opricnik

Banned
I'd love it if Blizzard ported over Diablo 3 to the Switch.

I think they will port Overwatch if it sells any good , its very flexible game in terms of performance. Maybe even August , September release with Nintendo logos and skins. I dont expect any character though.

m4st4

I have a feeling they might announce Injustice 2, especially since it's already set to debut in May and we had months of silence.

Oregano

It's worth noting that Harada's last four games have all released on Nintendo systems and he played coy in an interview when asked about a Switch version.

Edit:
If Nintendo is truly aiming at $250, then people shouldn't be surprised that the Switch is a souped up WiiU graphics wise

Form factor is a bigger limitation than price. Switch will be near the top of the chain for tablet performance.

jmizzal

There's no wireless dock->switch connection right? no hope for proper wii u integration i.e. two different screens at the same time?

There was a rumor about a dongle that connects to the tv, that would be cool if its something sold separately.

Then we can get ZombiU 2 Switch lol

Lgndryhr

I think they will port Overwatch if it sells any good , its very flexible game in terms of performance. Maybe even August , September release with Nintendo logos and skins. I dont expect any character though.

I don't see that game coming to the Switch personally nor do I have any interest in it coming to the Switch.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Just saw this on Facebook and who ever did this good job!

img_0582l3kfq.jpg

Wow, this is great!

I don't see Overwatch being online-only has a massive crux for the Switch in all honesty, it would still be great being able to play in portable mode around the house using Wi-Fi. Was also just thinking, any news on Gwent potentially being ported?

Tregard

Soothsayer
obe1 currently saying on YouTube that Nintendo will offer Switch online play for free at launch and charge later down the line.

Yeahhh, I'm out on his rumours for now...

Grylvak

I woke up this morning thinking it was Wednesday and very excited that the presentation was tomorrow.

Then I realized...

Interfectum

obe1 currently saying on YouTube that Nintendo will offer Switch online play for free at launch and charge later down the line.

Yeahhh, I'm out on his rumours for now...

One thing is for sure, I'm glad that the insiderps will have to go back in the shadows until the next console launch.

Obe1s new leak is his source said "Nintendo won't charge for online at launch"

Obe1 said his source left it at that so to him he thinks his source was implying you'll be paying for internet after that or there will be an optional paid version of online.

Scrawnton

Obe1 said his source left it at that so to him he thinks his source was implying you'll be paying for internet after that or there will be an optional paid version of online.
Imagine that PR nightmare. You can play MK8 online for free at launch but starting in 2018 you have to start paying... not happening.

I can see charging for something like party chat, cloud saves, and a couple free games a month but the act of playing the games online will be free.

Interfectum

Or he's guessing and if Nintendo does charge down the line "see I told you so!" or if they don't "haha they pulled back on that to avoid backlash!"

Tregard

Soothsayer
It's just my personal opinion but it seems pretty obvious to me that having online pay for free where your two main rivals don't is a much better selling point than charging like Sony & Microsoft, without necessarily having the same 3rd party library they do.

I love Nintendo but lord knows I'm never paying a monthly fee to play Mario Kart online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom