• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm a bit surprised there seems to be a single SKU for the Switch. I doubt there's a game included for 250$.

Aren't the other consoles $250?

They were due to holiday pricing! Now they're back to $300. I'll be really interested to see how that pricing sits with consumers. If the Switch were a traditional console with the rumored power and price, it would be DOA. As it stands, the hybrid concept could really do it some big favors on the front.

Anth0ny

I still think Smash Bros would be the best game to pack in, especially a port of the last gen Smash game.

For what they give up in sales of a $60 game, they get back in:

1. A shit load of DLC sales (it's on them for not milking that mother fucker for everything it's worth)

2. Exposing everyone who buys the console to basically every Nintendo franchise known to man, resulting in awareness and sales of those games/amiibo

doop_

Banned
No

Its lower because mass market mobile chips can be made better for less. They can pass the saving to us while still hitting their margins

Its price doesnt make it any less powerful than the chips its said to have inside
I am just giving the immediate reaction from a young adult gamer who plays on PS4.

Place your bets: What will be the biggest surprise announcement? You can pick just one.

There's only one SKU with 32Gb of internal memory and it retails for $250. It also comes with the new Nintendo IP that Emily mentioned as a free pack-in. No guesses on what the new IP is, but it'll be used to demo all the unique tech in the joycons.

Zalman

I still think Smash Bros would be the best game to pack in, especially a port of the last gen Smash game.

1. A shit load of DLC sales (it's on them for not milking that mother fucker for everything it's worth)

2. Exposing everyone who buys the console to basically every Nintendo franchise known to man, resulting in awareness and sales of those games/amiibo
I've been saying this for months. I would have picked Smash as the pack-in (assuming there is one).

By the same token, Smash is a known entity and I imagine they want Splatoon to become a major IP going forward. What better way to increase awareness than by packing it in with every Switch? There's also Amiibo sales to be had off Splatoon as well.

The game was half released on 3DS. I was waiting for it like crazy and then when it came out it ended up getting rid of basically half the game. All it's basically good for is some Nintendo made levels and doing the Mario Challenge. No uploading levels or searching for levels or following anybody. Makes it completely pointless.
The 3DS version is awesome! The 100 Mario levels with medal challenges alone are worth $40. Its essentially a brand new 2D Mario game. Endless levels to play online is just extra.

Zalman

By the same token, Smash is a known entity and I imagine they want Splatoon to become a major IP going forward. What better way to increase awareness than by packing it in with every Switch? There's also Amiibo sales to be had off Splatoon as well.
Put Inkling in Smash and raise awareness for Splatoon that way.

That's the magic of Smash. It's like a giant Nintendo advertisement.

Anth0ny

Playable Splatoon characters in Smash

winner winner chicken dinner

Anyone thinking this is $250 with a game included is dreaming. $250 will be system, dock, joy con grip, and cables. Everything else is added cost.

OZwTZ32.png

Any suggestions for my bingo card?

Kathian

Banned
Why are folk still going on about a second SKU? What source of information supports one? It didn't exactly work for Wii U and if it's SD card storage it's pretty unnecessary.

Anyone thinking this is $250 with a game included is dreaming. $250 will be system, dock, joy con grip, and cables. Everything else is added cost.

A game spread across hardware isn't too big of an investment loss. Nintendo want this to catch people right away.

Taker666

$250 converts to 205.

MAKE IT HAPPEN
...but the US price doesn't include tax.

With the UK 20% tax rate £205= £246

..but the US price really doesn't matter in regards to the pound...only the euro does.

If it's 250 euros then expect a £229 rrp (should be £219..but given Brexit uncertainty I'd expect them to round it up at the moment).

Yes we will. Now just need a decent memory solution so that going digital is actually viable. This is the biggest concern I have about the Switch. I need that big memory card.

I will be amazed if this isn't the negative bombshell that we're waiting for. Finding out that the Switch only has one SKU with 32Gb of memory. It'll be saved in due time by using Micro SD instead of something proprietary, but at launch it'll sting for anyone who wants digital games.

Lgndryhr

A lot of leaks and such this week only mention one SKU for the console. I wonder if the "Deluxe" version is planned down the road as a revision of sorts like the N3DS, Xbox One S, PS4 slim, etc.

I will be amazed if this isn't the negative bombshell that we're waiting for. Finding out that the Switch only has one SKU with 32Gb of memory. It'll be saved in due time by using Micro SD instead of something proprietary, but at launch it'll sting for anyone who wants digital games.

I guess been our most people going to be buying the carts anyway. And I'm sure they'll be expandable memory section for those who want it to be more portable without having to worry about if you want to download a game

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
You can only have one, make your choice.

Nintendo vs. Capcom Capcom
Pokémon Hunter Capcom
Metroid FromSoftware
The Legend of Zelda FromSoftware
Nintendo Hearts Square Enix
Super Mario RPG Square Enix

My personal pick is anything MH related. So the Pokemon tie in is a lock for me. But I would like it on the other side where it's still a MH game, and not one where you hunt Pokemon. But the hook is using different Pokemon in place of using the Palicos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom