• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
someone on reddit made a retro style breath of wild logo.
vPDwSp6.jpg

looks pretty good imho.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
NS (an ass) is such a bad abbreviation. And who needs abbreviations for Switch anyhow? The word is short enough to not need one.

tiijj

Well for the first time since the GBA, there's pretty much no alternative in the handheld space so in a way that kinda fits.

it's a similar form factor as the gba.

It also docks into something where it doesn't use any processing power or anything like the super gameboy.

It's a merging of the two.

Waji

Thanks.

Honestly I'm surprised I haven't seen more Vita fans hyped for Switch. Maybe that will change if we see some Vita software appear on Switch.
Since it's Nintendo they still don't imagine it can get much on it.

I mostly spent these last years on Wii U and Vita and I'm quite hyped for the Switch.
Hope I'm not wishing for too much though.

Oregano

Since it's Nintendo they still don't imagine it can get much on it.

I mostly spent these last years on Wii U and Vita and I'm quite hyped for the Switch.
Hope I'm not wishing for too much though.

I do expect quite a few Vita developers to entirely ignore the platform but the reality of the Japanese console market means that it would make things difficult for them.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Nintendo doesn't do that.

Of course Nintendo does that. The only time when they stated they will only show the games coming in the next 6 months was when they actually didn't have too much to show anyhow because they already decided to drop the Wii U and that was the perfect excuse.

Prior to that they always showed also games releasing at later times.

But the mantra of "6 months" stuck after only 1 use for whatever reason.

oti

Banned
What if for E3 2017 they'll focus on Mario the way they focused on Zelda for E3 2016? It's a bit different since Zelda is Open World and it's perfect for those long gameplay demos but still. Add in a huge Splatoon tournament and some smaller announcements and it should be good.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I assume the idea is to avoid negative news from American media when they have nothing new to show?

Isn't the idea of "saving something for E3" strictly related with "not having enough games to show"? And Nintendo should have actually plenty of games in working to fill both this week event and E3?

Otherwise the past year and a half of Wii U was sacrificed for what?

Having 1 platform to develop for is supposed to mean a constant stream of Nintendo games. From March 2017 to June 2018 there should be around 12-15 1st party games (including launch), no? There should be plenty to show this week and still a lot left for E3. Especially since probably some games will get just teasers this week.

What if for E3 2017 they'll focus on Mario the way they focused on Zelda for E3 2016? It's a bit different since Zelda is Open World and it's perfect for those long gameplay demos but still. Add in a huge Splatoon tournament and some smaller announcements and it should be good.

I would hope Mario isn't the only focus (if it releases after E3) considering we'd be in the midst of a new console and I would expect Nintendo to have many games to show off at E3.

Huh no.
Can you put your vita on a dock to play on TV ?
Is it supported by its maker ?
Can you SWITCH ?

I mean, it's not a dock, but I have a device sitting under a TV that lets me put my Vita games in it and play them. Well, technically I gave it to my sister and she does, but still.

El Topo

Isn't the idea of "saving something for E3" strictly related with "not having enough games to show"?

No. The idea is also to have something new to show to generate (new) buzz. Of course, see last E3, you can accomplish that even with teased games.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
No. The idea is also to have something new to show to generate (new) buzz. Of course, see last E3, you can accomplish that even with teased games.

But they should have something new to show at E3 anyhow. Even if the event this week covers the full 2017 and teases a couple of 2018 games there should still be new games left to show at E3, like the ones coming in the first half of 2018 before the next E3.

Waji

I mean, it's not a dock, but I have a device sitting under a TV that lets me put my Vita games in it and play them. Well, technically I gave it to my sister and she does, but still.

But you need to by Vita + Vita TV to be able to do both and it's far from being as convenient as what we the Switch seems to do.
I just can't wait to extract the system out of the dock and go play somewhere else.

El Topo

But they should have something new to show. Even if the event this week covers the full 2017 and teases a couple of 2018 games there should still be new games left to show at E3, like the ones coming in the first half of 2018 before the next E3.

So if you agree with me, what are we arguing about? I think this is just a misunderstanding.

correojon

I wish they go all out and show a fuckton of games. Show us and assure everybody that the drought era is in the past and that merging all their studios´ efforts in a single platform will be more than enough to keep delivering games at a steady pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom