• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waji

Yes ! Nintendo, screw E3, go wild !
They can still show bigger trailers and updates anyway.

Maybe because it's obvious lol? But I could buy it if something like that happens, I've just the vanilla version of the game on wiiu(I'm not a dlc buyer).
Wait for them to add paying DLC to the complete Switch version : D.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Nintendo should keep the 'Save something for E3' mentality. People aren't fucking stupid enough to be tipped by games they won't get their hands on years later.

Nintendo should ignore E3, they need to show all the cards and cause a big impact.
They can save a couple of things for E3, but this event should show pretty much this whole years lineup of games. This presentation should mention a couple of games coming in 2018 and beyond.

They can show a trailer of Retros game for example and do a full reveal of it at E3. E3 can reveal 2018 games and flesh out later half 2017 games.

maxcriden

But they should have something new to show at E3 anyhow. Even if the event this week covers the full 2017 and teases a couple of 2018 games there should still be new games left to show at E3, like the ones coming in the first half of 2018 before the next E3.

I agree with you. Also, given the breadth of games Nintendo should have coming to Switch, they can even hold one or two 2017 releases to show at E3 so as to avoid complaints about "they didn't show anything new that's coming this year" which usually leads to (generally unfounded in Nintendo's case) theories that if a game isn't coming till next year, it will definitely be delayed. So I think they should do that, as well as mostly show H1 2018 games as you said.

Zedark

Nintendo should keep the 'Save something for E3' mentality. People aren't fucking stupid enough to be tipped by games they won't get their hands on years later.

Might be, but on the other hand January is the first look at what the Switch offers. I think they do need to show something for 2018, just to convince us they didn't just scramble a good 2017 lineup together but have a good software future, and then they can say that at E3 they will show games for next year and beyond in full. Microsoft did it in 2015, with E3 2015 showing 2015 software mostly, and announced that 2016 software would star at Gamescom. I believe that was received quite well (except for the fact that those games didn't actually come except for Quantum Break), so it can definitely work. The difference here is that Microsoft is not in a tough spot where they absolutely had to knock it out of the park that year, while Nintendo is. Therefore, I think that January should show some information for 2018, be it a small quantity with the promise of more at E3 2017.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Who said anything about years later?

Some people are arguing that they should show just the first 6 months of games and keep the rest for E3.

I personally talk about showing most of 2017 and a couple of games from H1 2018.

I haven't seen anybody asking for 2019 games or something.

LordKano

Here's my bingo card, I kept it safe
1484138748-sans-titre-1.png

Waji

Isn't there a trailer or 2 after events that appears online but are never featured in the actual event ?
I'm expecting sharpnels.

Boney

Banned
Remember that Dark Souls rumour? Think we'll see it in the presentation?
Hmmmm?

Dark Souls 3 port or is it a juicier rumour?

Given what happened with their previous console, Nintendo absolutely needs to show software past just this year.
Part of the reason they're probably having such a condensed reveal timeline. January 2013 had them literally showing everything they had (and more). This won't hopefully won't be riddled with terrible techdemos and photoshops for teasers

maxcriden

Given what happened with their previous console, Nintendo absolutely needs to show software past just this year.

I agree. I expect at least glimpses of next year/possibly future years, similar to the January 2013 Panic Button Direct.

Though, kind of ironically, their previous console to be fair had issues with the first and last year of support, but the intervening years were exceptionally well-supported.

marmoka

Banned
Here are a couple of Switch memes to make the wait more entertaining

CvOXAbWUsAAk61P.jpg

58.jpg

Every time I see that controller, with joy-cons and the grip, I only see a dog's face with its eyes in abnormal positions

khaaan

Maybe so but they won't.

Maybe not a full blown surprise out of left field type of thing but I could see a holiday 2017 title being name dropped with a "We will have more details soon.", maybe even a screen or a teaser. Then during E3 they do a full reveal with trailer + tree house gameplay sort of like what they did with Zelda.

Maybe not a full blown surprise out of left field type of thing but I could see a holiday 2017 title being name dropped with a "We will have more details soon.", maybe even a screen or a teaser. Then during E3 they do a full reveal with trailer + tree house gameplay sort of like what they did with Zelda.
Yeah, that could very well happen.

Only a couple days left now. I'm excited to see what they reveal, hopefully not all things have been leaked.
Really love that they're going to cartridges.

maxcriden

I give it less than a 5% chance of happening, but how shocked would you be if many of the leaks turned out to be completely wrong?

Like, no Mario Rabbids, 3D Mario is completely course-based and is only in the beginning of development, Zelda is and always has been ready for launch, the price is $225, many of the leaked tech details wrong, et al. No BGE2 exclusivity.

I'm not sure they'll ever do more for e3 again than they did last year. Whatever their upcoming tentpole game for Christmas blown up into a big attraction/experience, with hands on treehouse stuff. I don't think that would prohibit them from announcing anything on Friday. Just can't wait for switch to become a fixed reality date wise.

Dark Souls III was specifically reported as "on hold until they see the first weeks sales of the Switch".

I love FROM but this mentality is, like, the fucking most stupid sometimes. And it's self-feeding.

I get the "wait and see" thing given it's Nintendo, but DS Trilogy is one of those things that could drive interest in the console by being announced tomorrow. Nobody will be in the ecosystem to buy these kinds of games if someone isn't willing to have the faith or good will to put them on there in the first place.

And I'm pretty confident that a DS Trilogy would do VERY well on Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom