• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterthumpa

PS3+XB360 is my bet. It's not confirmed at all yet, but I really don't see Nintendo packing enough power into the Switch to match the Special Edition. Yes, I know it's a 5 year old game with a lot of poorly-aged assets, but my guess is the Switch will once again be a bit more comparable to the previous generation of consoles, if not slightly better.
The Wii U was already slightly better than the PS3 and the 360 (see Bayonetta). Rumours were always that the Switch is much more powerful than the Wii U.

Fat4all

Banned

db3.gif

Before I go ahead and do it, how reliable are GAME UK in terms of in-store preorders? I'm considering heading there today and putting my £50 deposit down.

They'll probably charge you out the ass, but for something like Switch, they're probably as reliable as you're going to get in a UK retail store.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
The Wii U was already slightly better than the PS3 and the 360 (see Bayonetta). Rumours were always that the Switch is much more powerful than the Wii U.

currently it's said to be around 1.5x wii u in handheld mode and 3-4 times docked. Of course that could've changed since the last time I looked into the "switch specs leaked" thread 4 days ago.

Peterthumpa

currently it's said to be around 1.5x wii u in handheld mode and 3-4 times docked. Of course that could've changed since the last time I looked into the "switch specs leaked" thread 4 days ago.
That's theoretically though. I truly believe that a cutting edge GPU architecture like Pascal or Maxwell will surprise even the more skeptical, compared to the dinosaur technology that Nintendo has been using for more than a decade.

R00bot

That's theoretically though. I truly believe that a cutting edge GPU architecture like Pascal or Maxwell will surprise even the more skeptical, compared to the dinosaur technology that Nintendo has been using for more than a decade.

Wait are we expecting Pascal again?

kubus

Natursekt? Nationalsozialismus?

They better don't use this abbreviation officially; at least not in Germany.
Or in the Netherlands, where everybody hates the NS (national railway).

It's gonna be just "Switch" for me, at least for a while :p

It's gonna be a long day at work Friday knowing all this info is out in the open.

Going to watch the presentation spoiler free when I get home.

kitsuneyo

I'm calling £179 for the base model UK price. It's based on nothing except the Wii launch price and that quote from a few months ago where someone on MVC said it would be cheaper than expected. Then again, Brexit happened and is pushing up electronics prices.

Can we expect a launch title from Sega? I'd love a new Monkey Ball (unlikely I guess..)

Mario and Sonic at Winter Olympics should be a holiday title I guess as Winter Olympics are Feb next year?

Rubixcuba

Banned
So there is always one everytime Nintendo announces a new console. I'm talking about rumors. There is always one that we laugh off as fake and nonsense and once the console is revealed we are like "fuck" they really did have an inside source to information. Do you guys see any that fit the bill.... Not including eurogamer, I'll, and Laura of course?
Super Mario Frost Land.

Kaelan

These guys are the best!

-One of us, one of us...

Think I might watch this. Getting annoyed at Kinda Funny and the way they act sometimes.

What are some thoughts on the possible launch titles? Any chance we'll see the smash bros port or mario kart port at launch?

daffy

Banned
So there is always one everytime Nintendo announces a new console. I'm talking about rumors. There is always one that we laugh off as fake and nonsense and once the console is revealed we are like "fuck" they really did have an inside source to information. Do you guys see any that fit the bill.... Not including eurogamer, I'll, and Laura of course?
Assassins Creed Egypt

PMurphy1978

Neo Member
Before I go ahead and do it, how reliable are GAME UK in terms of in-store preorders? I'm considering heading there today and putting my £50 deposit down.

I've stuck £20 down in my local about a week ago.

In my experience, I've never been let down by them (yet) on a launch.

The games are overpriced, but the system RRP is usually competitive, at least initially.

Waji

But that doesn't appropriately describe what the Switch is. Face it. Switch is the reincarnation of Vita. It's the Vita but better. As such, it needs an appropriate alternate name to reflect that.
Huh no.
Can you put your vita on a dock to play on TV ?
Is it supported by its maker ?
Can you SWITCH ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom